Speculation: 2021 Offseason Trade/Free Agency Thread III - To Eichel, or Not To Eichel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Previous thread

Speculation: - 2021 Offseason Trade/Free Agency Thread II - Eichel-watch

Some people forgetting how good Eichel is. It's a risk, but that's why his price is going to be so low. The potential reward is ridiculous if this were to work out.
Nah, I just know how serious spinal injuries are and don’t think the franchise has the organizational depth to recover from an unhealthy Eichel. I also don’t think the franchise has the organizational depth to benefit from a completely healthy Eichel for what that would cost in assets.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Set us back from what :laugh: If we don't trade for him the 3rd overall we get will take 2-3 years to even help us. Gibson will be older, Fowler will be older, Lindholm will be older, Manson will be older, Rakell will be older. If you are able to trade for a player like Eichel (pending health) you do it 10/10 times. He's a superstar #1C that is big, fast, strong, skilled, has an elite shot, great playmaker and just dynamic all around. He is a way faster, less physical Getzlaf with a shot.

Huh... You've included Drysdale in your trade.

or we can trade him for a superstar... now, that's 24 years old and about to enter his prime. (if healthy)

If there is any question about his health I would not include Drysdale.

Everything is hinging on "if", "if", "if" and "pending health, pending healthy, pending health". You're sounding like me with propping up McTavish, but you can't even see it. smh If Eichel is healthy, then everyone makes that trade 10/10. No shit, Sherlock. But we're not dealing with a healthy Eichel today, are we?

Right now, the Ducks have a budding corps going forward with Zegras, Drysdale, and the 3OA in hand. Let's say you lose Drysdale, 3OA, Perreault/Comtois, and Dostal on this gamble. Welp, you lost three high-end talents in Drysdale, Perreault/Comtois, and the 3OA, which would leave Zegras with not much to work with. We'd continue to be bottom cellar dwellers for three to five years. We're finally seeing daylight after three miserable seasons and you're willing to go down that route again while letting all of the veterans all age without significant help on the horizon?

Scenario 1: Eichel is healthy in a year because he needs surgery. We finish in middling because Murray would do something to improve the team by a little.
Scenario 2: Eichel is not the player he was. We're middling for his tenure.
Scenario 3: Eichel never plays for us. We're out Drysdale, 3OA, Perreault/Comtois
Scenario 4: Move on from Eichel trade, find better alternatives without sacrificing the Zegras, Drysdale, or the 3rd overall. If you actually stand by your rankings of "celebrating Eklund", then the trio of Zegras, Drysdale, and Eklund should outweigh a currently non-healthy Eichel who will not play at least for one season to recover from his neck surgery.​

There exists no news today that cites Eichel is 100% healthy. NONE.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Huh... You've included Drysdale in your trade.

Everything is hinging on "if", "if", "if" and "pending health, pending healthy, pending health". You're sounding like me with propping up McTavish, but you can't even see it. smh If Eichel is healthy, then everyone makes that trade 10/10. No shit, Sherlock. But we're not dealing with a healthy Eichel today, are we?

Right now, the Ducks have a budding corps going forward with Zegras, Drysdale, and the 3OA in hand. Let's say you lose Drysdale, 3OA, Perreault/Comtois, and Dostal on this gamble. Welp, you lost three high-end talents in Drysdale, Perreault/Comtois, and the 3OA, which would leave Zegras with not much to work with. We'd continue to be bottom cellar dwellers for three to five years. We're finally seeing daylight after three miserable seasons and you're willing to go down that route again while letting all of the veterans all age without significant help on the horizon?

Scenario 1: Eichel is healthy in a year because he needs surgery. We finish in middling because Murray would do something to improve the team by a little.
Scenario 2: Eichel is not the player he was. We're middling for his tenure.
Scenario 3: Eichel never plays for us. We're out Drysdale, 3OA, Perreault/Comtois
Scenario 4: Move on from Eichel trade, find better alternatives without sacrificing the Zegras, Drysdale, or the 3rd overall. If you actually stand by your rankings of "celebrating Eklund", then the trio of Zegras, Drysdale, and Eklund should outweigh a currently non-healthy Eichel who will not play at least for one season to recover from his neck surgery.​

There exists no news today that cites Eichel is 100% healthy. NONE.
If If If Drysdale pans out. People got video on him and he struggled at the end of the year too. Everything is if. What if Drysdale gets a career ending injury in preseason??? What if Zegras busts??? What if the Ducks pick a bust at #3??? We have to rely on professionals to see what they think of Eichel.

I would bet a big amount money Drysdale, Zegras, #3 overall don't get to where Eichel already has been, it's possible but not likely, great odds for me. and he is about to enter his prime.... It all depends on his health.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
If If If Drysdale pans out. People got video on him and he struggled at the end of the year too. Everything is if. What if Drysdale gets a career ending injury in preseason??? What if Zegras busts??? What if the Ducks pick a bust at #3??? We have to rely on professionals to see what they think of Eichel.
He did. He also turned 19 just in April. It was such a huge jump for him from the juniors to the Pro's. I think overall he exceeded all our expectations. He will most likely never be as impactful as Eichel tho, but Eichel is far from a sure thing because of his injury

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
He did. He also turned 19 just in April. It was such a huge jump for him from the juniors to the Pro's. I think overall he exceeded all our expectations. He will most likely never be as impactful as Eichel tho, but Eichel is far from a sure thing because of his injury
Yep, I am as high on Drysdale and Zegras as anyone (I am sure everyone already knows that by now) but Eichel is a different monster. I wish we knew what our management thinks about his injury/surgery.

Reactions: Deuce22 and Kalv

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Whats the chances Zegras, Drysdale or the #3 pick would end up better than healthy Eichel? 5%? Less?

I'd be willing to do ONE of Drysdale or #3 pick pending his health is as good it's going to be.

Drysdale or 3rd overall, Comtois, Perreault, Dostal and Mahura or LaCombe PENDING HEALTH OF EICHEL, if there's anything that we don't agree with then scratch this offer and draft #3 overall.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA

I would bet a big amount money Drysdale, Zegras, #3 overall don't get to where Eichel already has been, it's possible but not likely, great odds for me. and he is about to enter his prime.... It all depends on his health.
This is the equivalent of saying “what if the Honda Center burns down with everyone in it?” is equivalent to “what if that Ford Pinto gets read-ended?”.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Whats the chances Zegras, Drysdale or the #3 pick would end up better than healthy Eichel? 5%? Less?

I'd be willing to do ONE of Drysdale or #3 pick pending his health is as good it's going to be.

Drysdale or 3rd overall, Comtois, Perreault, Dostal and Mahura or LaCombe PENDING HEALTH OF EICHEL, if there's anything that we don't agree with then scratch this offer.
What’s the chance that all 3 combined will be better than healthy Eichel on a team with less offensive talent than Buffalo? At least even money.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
I love our prospects more than anything, they are world class in terms of prospects, but they have the same what ifs as Eichel, we don't know what they are going to turn into they looked good last year but once people started scouting them and getting video they struggled. Zegras was great in his second stint though.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
What’s the chance that all 3 combined will be better than healthy Eichel on a team with less offensive talent than Buffalo? At least even money.
We would still have 2 of them plus Eichel so I am not sure what point you are trying to make. Or we can just hope they all pan out and become the Oilers before McDavid while Lindholm, Fowler, Gibson etc age. Might as well trade most of our older guys if we are just going to hope all our prospects save the day. Gibson, Rakell, Henrique, Manson should all be moved while they have value if you want to rebuild completely.

Reactions: Deuce22

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Also our team is not worse than Buffalo, their D can't even get the puck out of the zone our healthy defense will literally help Eichel. Just put Rakell and Getzlaf with him and call it a day. They finished below us without our best player (Lindholm) and Manson which meant more time for Shattenkirk and others. If Zegras played like he did at second half of the season we would have won a lot more games too. We have money to sign some shooters (palms, hoffman, etc.)

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
We would still have 2 of them plus Eichel so I am not sure what point you are trying to make. Or we can just hope they all pan out and become the Oilers before McDavid.
We have no idea if the trade would go through without 2 of the 3.

And the Oilers WITH McDavid (plus, you know, Eichel with Buffalo) are part of why I don’t understand why everyone is so googly eyed about Eichel - this isn’t the NBA. The Ducks are currently a bad team, who in is badly run.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
I personally am only willing to give 1 of the 3. If we give 2 I'll be annoyed/pissed. That being said I want Eichel bad if we can do it with just ONE of Drysdale/3rd overall and he's healthy it's literally a no brainer for me.

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
Buffalo trading Eichel is less about his health and more about the relationship souring, IMO. If he still wanted to be there, just give him time (or let him have the surgery) and draft more guys to go with him and Dahlin. If it was only about his health, why trade him at a reduced rate? Buffalo knows how toxic it is, therefore letting him get healthy before keeping him or trading him isn't an option.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
I personally am only willing to give 1 of the 3. If we give 2 I'll be annoyed/pissed. That being said I want Eichel bad if we can do it with just ONE of Drysdale/3rd overall and he's healthy it's literally a no brainer for me.
What if it then becomes 3OA/Drysdale + Comtois + Terry + Perreault?

Who is your top 6? Assuming Henrique is gone to Seattle?

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
I doubt they trade 2 roster forwards unless its someone we are going to lose for expansion ala Steel. Buffalo would want futures anyway.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I feel like this is probably be the biggest trade rumour we've been involved in for years, maybe ever. :laugh:

The thing with Eichel, he is not going to make the team a playoff team overnight but it will certainly speed up the rebuild no doubt, but that is what the Ducks are still in which is why they cannot afford to sell the entire farm for one player, who is questionable with an injury. Love to have Eichel but Zegras, Drysdale, Gibson, Lindholm, and Comtois stays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->