Speculation: 2021 Offseason Trade/Free Agency Thread III - To Eichel, or Not To Eichel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
That's where Seattle might have f***ed this. I get trying to maximize their leverage but if they're gonna be unreasonable some teams are gonna find another way.
And then the UFAs might take less money to sign with contenders instead of what looks to be a weak Kraken team. 1C Kerfoot here they come !
Its looking like the Ducks will be better down the middle, on D and in Net than the Kraken unless a miracle happens and they get Stamkos, Hamilton and Landeskog.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
You don't even get 6 first rounders for a max offersheet, no way they get the equivalent in players in a trade. That price will only come down, I would say it ends up being half that.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
And then the UFAs might take less money to sign with contenders instead of what looks to be a weak Kraken team. 1C Kerfoot here they come !
Its looking like the Ducks will be better down the middle, on D and in Net than the Kraken unless a miracle happens and they get Stamkos, Hamilton and Landeskog.

They might take a flyer on Duchene who probably bounces back somewhat next year but even then he's not an ideal 1C.

I do think they land one big FA, guessing it ends up being Hamilton.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
They might take a flyer on Duchene who probably bounces back somewhat next year but even then he's not an ideal 1C.

I do think they land one big FA, guessing it ends up being Hamilton.
Yeah they probably get one of the big ones who's only interested in money and living in Seattle.
Will be interesting to see who their 1C is.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
The article was a waste of time. I find Stephen's opinion pieces on the infrastructure of the team infinitely more interesting than speculation on players that we have discussed for weeks. Maybe it's time to accept we aren't really his target audience.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Graves who is a worse version of Manson (but also younger) without the nasty streak goes for a second and a prospect. That says to me that Mansons value should sit around a 1st + a prospect if he is to be dealt this offseason.
Graves is also signed for an extra year

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
I think there's a very good chance Drouin is moved this offseason. will be interesting to see where he goes

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
I think we end up w him tbh , if not this off-season , then some point in Drouins career
Yeah, I thought we were gonna get him back in 2016. I think the deal was gonna be around Vatanen. tampa definitely made the right choice there if there ever was one. I could see Murray and Madden having interest still

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
We can post full articles on here now? Woah lol game changer

LuckyDucky

Mar 18, 2015
I'm fine with any asset spent on Eichel that isn't Zegras or Drysdale. Beyond that, we don't have the depth to make acquiring him an actual meaningful step forward, for a few years anyway. I'm not interested in that.
Were you not one of the people that argued with me when I brought up with point a month or two ago?

Reactions: tomd

405Entrance

Feb 8, 2020
Lmao looks like Seattle might have to take Henrique after all. I hope teams trade with each other to screw over Seattle. If we maybe to dump Henrique, silf, or shattenkirk it will be a good day

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Lmao looks like Seattle might have to take Henrique after all. I hope teams trade with each other to screw over Seattle. If we maybe to dump Henrique, silf, or shattenkirk it will be a good day
It goes back to when that article came out about how GMs were shocked at the uber insane price Seattle set to take certain players in trades or as expansion pick.

When the dust is all settled, Seattle must find a way to reach the Salary floor so then it becomes a roulette with teams to see who gets lucky to lose a expensive player.

To reach the floor Seattle certainly isn't gonna overpay a bunch of AHL free agents because they have no value at the trade deadline and can't be flipped for anything good.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
There was a guy on NHL Network Radio that said the price for Eichel is 6 1st Round Equivalents. If that’s the case, just forget about it.
I find these „measurements“ of value to be rather funny, because 1st round picks themselves so obviously have vastly different values. Our 3rd OA pick is worth at least three late 1st rounders. Add some 1st round picks from future drafts beyond 2023, and you end up with a package that is less attractive than some of the stuff that has been thrown around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille