Speculation: 2021 Offseason Trade/Free Agency Thread III - To Eichel, or Not To Eichel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Where did all this talk about Drysdale come from? He’s more valuable and untouchable than Zegras to me.

Reactions: Getz2noone

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Where did all this talk about Drysdale come from? He’s more valuable and untouchable than Zegras to me.
I somewhat agree but this team needs Zegras more than Drysdale if we are trading just Drysdale we take a defensemen with #3 and our defense when healthy is solid already, Fleury was a huge pickup.

It came up from just another rumor, nothing is set in stone

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I somewhat agree but this team needs Zegras more than Drysdale if we are trading just Drysdale we take a defensemen with #3 and our defense when healthy is solid already, Fleury was a huge pickup.

Cept I assume they’d want drysdale + 3

Reactions: Ducks DVM

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
In theory, let's assume that as @Ducks DVM put it, Eichel is "currently uninjured enough to play"...what is the MOST people are willing to offer?

IMO, all of this talk has made me more reluctant to include anything other than the 3OA in terms of "top" assets. Adding Zegras or Drysdale to the 3OA is too much risk.
In theory, let's assume that as @Ducks DVM put it, Eichel is "currently uninjured enough to play"...what is the MOST people are willing to offer?

IMO, all of this talk has made me more reluctant to include anything other than the 3OA in terms of "top" assets. Adding Zegras or Drysdale to the 3OA is too much risk.
If he were perfectly healthy i could see a 3 team trade where we unload guys like rakell, manson, fowler to the third team and also give up a young asset like 3oa.

Maybe try to get a guy like Krebs and the 1st from Vegas.

Total package being 3oa, Steel, Krebs and Vegas' 1st

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California

I wouldn't look into that list too much. The #3 pick is arguably as valuable as all of those pieces, it just wasn't listed by the responder.

405Entrance

Feb 8, 2020
I would rather have a coalition of zegras, drysdale, and eklund over just eichel. Sure they’ll never be at his peak (maybe) but hockey is a team sport one guy can’t carry unless it’s a a goalie and even then the closest we’ve seen that is 1999, 2003, and 2021. We need to continue the rebuild. We have the depth pieces we just need to keep accumulating high end talent. Maybe flip some vets for young players or picks. Guys like rakell and or Manson should be flipped and lindholm should be resigned if possible. Maybe take on a bad contract this up coming season or the next and get another asset

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Zegras, Hughes/Clarke/Power/Edvinsson, Eichel >> Zegras, Eklund, Drysdale

Zegras, Drysdale, Eichel >>> Zegras Drysdale, Eklund

Imo. The rest of the parts we are trading won't offset a superstar like Eichel. As I said all depends on health but I am not giving more than 1 of those pieces and as I said Zegras is untouchable imo because of our forward situation.

nbducksfan19

Jun 4, 2008
Zegras, Hughes/Clarke/Power/Edvinsson, Eichel >> Zegras, Eklund, Drysdale

Zegras, Drysdale, Eichel >>> Zegras Drysdale, Eklund

Imo. The rest of the parts we are trading won't offset a superstar like Eichel. As I said all depends on health but I am not giving more than 1 of those pieces and as I said Zegras is untouchable imo because of our forward situation.

I largely agree with you, except that is not a complete picture. It is more like Zegras, Dysdale, Eklund + $9,000,00 in Cap vs Zegras, drysdale, Eichel

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
If Eichel was a UFA and the Ducks signed him to a 5 year $10 million AAV contract I'd have no problem. He'd improve the team as he'd be an addition to what was already here.

If Eichel is acquired but it costs Comtois and Henrique off the roster in addition to the teams 2-3 best prospects then I'd question whether the team has really improved that much. Eichel has never demonstrated the ability to take a team on his shoulders and bring them to the next level. And when he sees the wingers he'd be working with here, he'll probably pine for his days in Buffalo.

And that's for a healthy Eichel. God forbid that he gets hit by Kurtis MacDermid in his first month in Anaheim and his neck turns back into silly putty.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Fully expect him to go to LA and torment us all for 30 years
Idk he might break down within 5 years and retire.
Prince Fielder had a neck problems and then had surgery and was never the same and then he had his 2nd neck surgery and that was it for him, retired.

Prince Fielder was also traded just before his 1st neck surgery and the team that acquired him (Texas Rangers) were stuck paying him to not play.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Would anyone do Manson + for Reinhart ?
He immediately plays 1C for Ducks this season and Zegras plays 2C.

Zegras, Reinhart, #3 overall pick, Drysdale, Comtois is a nice core.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Would anyone do Manson + for Reinhart ?
He immediately plays 1C for Ducks this season and Zegras plays 2C.

Zegras, Reinhart, #3 overall pick, Drysdale, Comtois is a nice core.
dude come on, why would a rebuilding team trade a 25 year old center for a 30 year old D with an injury history.

i swear, this fan base will make fun of other teams for trying to get our good players for their old bad players but we do the same exact shit on here lol

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
dude come on, why would a rebuilding team trade a 25 year old center for a 30 year old D with an injury history.

i swear, this fan base will make fun of other teams for trying to get our good players for their old bad players but we do the same exact shit on here lol
I thought Reinhart was like 28.
Lol oops my bad. Feels like he's been in the league for a long time.

Reactions: Paul4587 and dracom

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Graves who is a worse version of Manson (but also younger) without the nasty streak goes for a second and a prospect. That says to me that Mansons value should sit around a 1st + a prospect if he is to be dealt this offseason.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Graves who is a worse version of Manson (but also younger) without the nasty streak goes for a second and a prospect. That says to me that Mansons value should sit around a 1st + a prospect if he is to be dealt this offseason.
Seattle is getting not much from the Avs lol. They can now protect all their important Dmen and forwards.

Reactions: Paul4587
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad