Speculation: 2021 Offseason Trade/Free Agency Thread III - To Eichel, or Not To Eichel

Status
Not open for further replies.

gilfaizon

Mar 28, 2012
PEI
Seattle would be doing us a favor if they took Henrique. Rakell is going to net us a fraction of the value we could've had when he was hot and should have been moved. I can't believe hes still on the roster

A huge favor, they know we aren't competing this year. They'd be giving us so much more flexibility to make some big moves.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Acquiring Eichel but trading Rakell seem like very inconsistent moves.

not really. The team isn’t going to be a contender over night. Rakell is a soon to be free agent. Get a good return for him and sign a similar impactful free agent for free. If Rakell was signed beyond this year, I’d agree.

thaf said, I’m nervous he’s on the block so we can protect both Steel and Jones. Don’t want to see a subpar return to make that happen.

Mortal Wombat

Dec 7, 2014
Seattle would be doing us a favor if they took Henrique. Rakell is going to net us a fraction of the value we could've had when he was hot and should have been moved. I can't believe hes still on the roster
Yeah. I have been on the "trade Rakell" train for a long time, but now his value has probably gotten so low that it might actually be better just to keep him.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
not really. The team isn’t going to be a contender over night. Rakell is a soon to be free agent. Get a good return for him and sign a similar impactful free agent for free. If Rakell was signed beyond this year, I’d agree.

thaf said, I’m nervous he’s on the block so we can protect both Steel and Jones. Don’t want to see a subpar return to make that happen.

When GMBM says the only way to get more scoring is to draft it or trade for it I believe him. There are no "impactful" free agents coming here.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
When GMBM says the only way to get more scoring is to draft it or trade for it I believe him. There are no "impactful" free agents coming here.

i said a similar impact to Rakell, who hasn’t been that impactful. That shouldn’t be too hard to fill. That said, i would prefer to keep Rakell until the deadline to try and rebuild some of his stock.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

gilfaizon

Mar 28, 2012
PEI
Contract year for Ricky, he should be motivated. His value will go up as the season progresses. If he won't agree to an extension, he will be dealt at the deadline.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Afraid of trading Rakell due to the potential lousy return. Need to fill the Top 6 not replace or subtract from it.

There's all these good younger forwards allegedly available on the trade market. Rakell is questionable over the long term, if we can flip him for pieces that help us land a younger/better forward (Buch still right at the top of my list), that's a step in the right direction.

91Fedorov

John (Gibson) 3:16
Dec 30, 2013
Contract year for Ricky, he should be motivated. His value will go up as the season progresses. If he won't agree to an extension, he will be dealt at the deadline.
I think this is the smart way to go. Rakell should only be moved right now if there is a chance for a higher return than this would net.

Reactions: gilfaizon

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
With these retention deals becoming more common, should point out that Rakell twice max retained ends up at a cap hit of around 970k. A team like Buffalo could be the third party assuming they have a ton of free cap space from their Eichel trade. Contenders will pay handsomely for a guy like Rakell for less than 1M, especially in this cap climate.

sasha barkov

Nov 4, 2016
Big three way deal , Cody Glass Phillipe Myers to Nashville , Nolan Patrick to Vegas , and Ryan Ellis to Philly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad