Speculation: 2021 Offseason Trade/Free Agency Thread III - To Eichel, or Not To Eichel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
I'm listening right now, said nothing really new about Eichel but did mention how it's a spot Buffalo would want to send him for multiple reasons, location and the combo of having a high pick and really good prospects. Also mentioned Rakell and how he might be out there if they don't like what his price would be.
Yep, this is pretty much it. Interestingly, Anaheim was listed as a "stealth" team and one to look for to make noise.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I'm enjoying the offseason more than i expected. Seattle fans are already very delusional and there is already one guy in their forum who thinks teams are breaking the rules by making trades lol.
Gonna be so much fun watching the Ducks with Comtois/Zegras/Rakell etc beat the snot out of Kraken.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
I think the point of including Rakell in the deal would be in order to keep Comtois who is younger, cost controlled for longer and arguably better than Rakell.

I was more referring to the earlier tweet that indicated that the Ducks might be shopping Rakell and Henrique. Seems like if you're adding Eichel you'd want to have a decent winger or two to put with him.

Regarding the Eichel angle, if I'm Buffalo I'm insisting on Comtois if Zegras isn't included. Comtois is a known return. The return Buffalo would get for Rakell is unknown.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
I think the point of including Rakell in the deal would be in order to keep Comtois who is younger, cost controlled for longer and arguably better than Rakell.

That and he's just one of our better trade chips if we are looking to accumulate assets for a run at one of these younger forwards, whether its Eichel, Buch, Garland or whoever.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
I’d stay away from Garland he’s legit 5’4

I don't mind a small player if they are speedy and tenacious. Garland drives the other team up the wall because he's just constantly all over them. He managed to get MacKinnon to throw his helmet at him, maybe he can distract the Avs from trying to kill the rest of our team.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
How in the world did Lou pull this off? (Detroit also retained 50% on Panik)
At first glance I thought the 2nd was coming from NYI, but somehow it's the opposite.

sasha barkov

Nov 4, 2016
I don't mind a small player if they are speedy and tenacious. Garland drives the other team up the wall because he's just constantly all over them. He managed to get MacKinnon to throw his helmet at him, maybe he can distract the Avs from trying to kill the rest of our team.
True , I love his game for his size , I just don’t know if it’ll translate to the playoffs because of his stature but if he’s effective I wouldn’t mind a Pat Verbeek/Theo Fluery type

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
True , I love his game for his size , I just don’t know if it’ll translate to the playoffs because of his stature but if he’s effective I wouldn’t mind a Pat Verbeek/Theo Fluery type
Id say get garland just so he stops pissing off Gibson. Ideally hed be a Terry upgrade though IMO. That being said if we lose Rico and Raks this summer we need to legit add 2 more legit top 6 players.

LuckyDucky

Mar 18, 2015
How in the world did Lou pull this off? (Detroit also retained 50% on Panik)
At first glance I thought the 2nd was coming from NYI, but somehow it's the opposite.

Am I the only one that thinks this doesn’t make sense for Detroit?

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Clock is ticking....what would a team with cap issues give for Rakell with 50% retention ?
I wonder if Bob moves him for picks + a player that will be here beyond next season.

Say another team has a top6 forward with a few years left but cap hit is a bit bigger than Rakell so they make the trade to be cap conpliant and includes picks in the trade as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad