OT: 2021 Football Thread - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I have not followed anything Jets. Lost all interest over the past few seasons.

How’s the new kid Wilson perceived? Do we have a line to protect him yet?

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
I haven’t been this excited for a Jets preseason game in awhile. Dumb, I know.

The overreactions are gonna be wild. But I’m interested in seeing some of the younger guys, and how the new offense looks.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I'll be watching the New York Jets with zero pre-conceived notions... should be fun, I honestly dont know anyone on the team besides Maye and Mosley.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
I'll be watching the New York Jets with zero pre-conceived notions... should be fun, I honestly dont know anyone on the team besides Maye and Mosley.

Mosley whose played in what? Two games since he signed that massive contract? Talk about highway robbery... another gift from our old GM.

Reactions: nyr2k2

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
When I care about the Jets, I endure pain. A lot of pain.

Hopefully not caring brings success. DL might be good.. Elli It's only been 15+ years... but I dont care and expect failure.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Mosley whose played in what? Two games since he signed that massive contract? Talk about highway robbery... another gift from our old GM.
I have a hard time blaming MM on that one, though. I liked the deal. He gets hurt a couple times and opts out. Theoretically he plays the whole year last year if not for COVID.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Reads like that Giants/Jets was a heck of game :eek:. Sry i missed it.

I’ve tried to ignore everything Giants related. A decade of incompetence does this. A tweet found me and featured the amazing Sterling Shepherd dancing in the endzone (pregame of course). God bless him from being awarded a substantial contract from Gettleman. Dances around arrogantly, celebrating himself, etc. What a shame his game sucks.

Thank goodness for the Rangers.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
They didn't pay Mosley last year, right? I think it was something like 300k if you opted out, from a NFLPA fund (teams probably contributed to)

Unless I totally misunderstood how that worked.

Not that it changes how many games he's played for the Jets.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
They didn't pay Mosley last year, right? I think it was something like 300k if you opted out, from a NFLPA fund (teams probably contributed to)

Unless I totally misunderstood how that worked.

Not that it changes how many games he's played for the Jets.
I didn't watch last year, so I looked into it... He got his $10M signing bonus in mid march and pushed his $6M forward. From what I've gathered his contract was pushed back a year. Ends in 2024 instead of 2023 now

Reactions: East Coast Bias

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
You say that now...

i can’t fathom the Rangers being more lost than my Giants have been. The Rangers would have to extend Kakko for a fortune only to trade him while maintaining all his salary on their books to be a dumb as the Giants (the resigning OBJ and almost immediately trading for a monster cap hit)

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Any date/time on when the fantasy draft will be?

Speaking of the fantasy draft, something unexpected and kind of serious has occured with a family member of mine which has prohibited me to being here all to much lately and which will not allow me to do what I planned to do which was setup the league for us.

So can someone maybe a @Hunter Gathers who has done this before here or someone else, take on the role I was going to do and possibly do the commish duties. I will still be in the league and do a draft but I'm not going to be able to do commish duties unfortunately....thx in advance.

Bluto

Don't listen to me, I'm an idiot. TOGA! TOGA!
Dec 24, 2017
I see washington has narrowed down their potential names to 3. Ive got fingers crossed for The DC Corruption. Would be about the best and most representative nickname in sports history.
Also, on a related yet unrelated note, with Trudeau disbanding parliament, mayhaps its time to rename Ottawa to the 'Ottawa Trudeaus'.

Back to football that Giants/Jets game was about the worst display Ive seen. 2 cellar dwellers yet again. Thankfully i gave up my season tickets to the giants after the McAdoo debacle.

Last edited:

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Speaking of the fantasy draft, something unexpected and kind of serious has occured with a family member of mine which has prohibited me to being here all to much lately and which will not allow me to do what I planned to do which was setup the league for us.

So can someone maybe a @Hunter Gathers who has done this before here or someone else, take on the role I was going to do and possibly do the commish duties. I will still be in the league and do a draft but I'm not going to be able to do commish duties unfortunately....thx in advance.

Sure thing. I can handle. Will do a poll tomorrow maybe about a draft time.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I see washington has narrowed down their potential names to 3. Ive got fingers crossed for The DC Corruption. Would be about the best and most representative nickname in sports history.
Also, on a related yet unrelated note, with Trudeau disbanding parliament, mayhaps its time to rename Ottawa to the 'Ottawa Trudeaus'.

Back to football that Giants/Jets game was about the worst display Ive seen. 2 cellar dwellers yet again. Thankfully i gave up my season tickets to the giants after the McAdoo debacle.
What kind of game were you expecting when it was essentially all backups plus Zach Wilson? I mean it looked like a pretty standard preseason game where a handful of starters from each team get a dozen snaps.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
49ers waive Rosen after QB's struggles in camp

Seems like just yesterday I was reading Giants fans complaining about not trading for Josh Rosen instead of taking Daniel Jones.

He’s out there now.

AZ was a mess and replaced their Head Coach who wanted Murray
Miami drafted Tua
49ers have Jimmy G and drafted Lance

At 24 yrs old, he really hasn’t had a stable chance imo. Possible his personality is the issue or he’s unlikely.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
He’s out there now.

AZ was a mess and replaced their Head Coach who wanted Murray
Miami drafted Tua
49ers have Jimmy G and drafted Lance

At 24 yrs old, he really hasn’t had a stable chance imo. Possible his personality is the issue or he’s unlikely.
yeah. But also, theres more to being a good NFL QB than just having a good arm and throwing a pretty ball. Maybe he just doesn't have the mentality for it, even though he's smart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad