OT: 2021 Football Thread - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
Well, maybe. It wasn't initially true for Sanchez either but that's what ended up happening. He got happy feet from facing pressure. Maybe that's what happened with Darnold, too, that pressure got to him and he developed bad habits. Whatever the cause of it was, it was definitely a thing by the end of his Jets tenure. Like I said, bad situation all around.
Sanchez is an entirely different story. Sanchez had the best offensive line in the NFL in his rookie year, and top 5 in year 2. Sanchez's entire problem was he couldn't read a zone defense, thought he had more arm talent than he does.

Wilson the question is going to be how he fares when he sees truly exotic packages (because defenses love to test rookies). He's got the arm, he's got mobility if needed, and the line looks like if everyone can be healthy, it will hold up and also generate a true run game.

Reactions: bernmeister

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
So so far:

Maximus
Hunter Gathers
NYR2k2
Zibanabread
East Coast Bias
NYSPORTS
mrmovies779
nyrleetch
Barnaby
nyrpat21
Rangerfan4life90

1 more spot left and we got ourselves a league.

Who wants the final spot?

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Mahomes may not be built like a truck but he's thick and he never looked like he was frail. Wilson looks like a kid out there. Heck Baker Mayfield and Kyler Murray look bigger than Wilson and they are 4-5 inches shorter.

Listen I hope I'm wrong and he can withstand some of the hits he's going to inevitably take but like I said, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't very concerned about his size. Bottom line Wilson needs to bulk up a bit and hit the weight room.

not so much, not so fast
bulking up too much the wrong way can negatively impact fluidity
more likely more pronounced with baseball
a hitter tries to add power by adding muscle
and it may impact his swing

possible parallel
if he has sufficient arm strength already [idk, think so]
we may wanna try to keep this guy on a path to
either another Montana or a mobile Namath, best case scenario,
as opposed to
a Sonny Jurgenson type, to go to the other extreme

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
not so much, not so fast
bulking up too much the wrong way can negatively impact fluidity
more likely more pronounced with baseball
a hitter tries to add power by adding muscle
and it may impact his swing

possible parallel
if he has sufficient arm strength already [idk, think so]
we may wanna try to keep this guy on a path to
either another Montana or a mobile Namath, best case scenario,
as opposed to
a Sonny Jurgenson type, to go to the other extreme

should have drafted Sewell (smh)

Reactions: bernmeister

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
So so far:

Maximus
Hunter Gathers
NYR2k2
Zibanabread
East Coast Bias
NYSPORTS
mrmovies779
nyrleetch
Barnaby
nyrpat21
Rangerfan4life90

1 more spot left and we got ourselves a league.

Who wants the final spot?

Sadly, I'm going to have to drop out. $1K is a little steep for me in my current situation, but hopefully, everyone else has fun! Hope you guys can still get a league formed up.

Edit - Just saw NYR2k2's and Maximus's replies after and that it is a free league lol. Nvm, if that's the case, I'm still in it!

Reactions: ecemleafs

redwhiteandblue

Apr 1, 2013
If yall need one more for that fantasy football I'm in! I could use a free league to check and not be as invested in as my Dynasty league. Office league is $50 but it's a bit easy.

Where do I venmo/cashapp my 1k?

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
So so far:

Maximus
Hunter Gathers
NYR2k2
Zibanabread
East Coast Bias
NYSPORTS
mrmovies779
nyrleetch
Barnaby
nyrpat21
Rangerfan4life90
redwhiteandblue

We got ourselves a league gentleman. Now we need to come up with where we want to go to host us(Yahoo? ESPN? both of which I believe are free. We need to come up generalized scoring.

I'm thinking basic shit....

1 pt per 10 yards rush/receive
1 pt per 25 yds passing.
1 pt per reception
2 pt bonus if 100 yds rush/receive
2 pt bonus for 300 yds passing

6 pts for any TD obviously
2 pts for two point conversions(pass/rush/receive)
1 pt for an extra pt
2 pt bonus for 50+ yard kick

Defensivly other than a point each for fumble, INT or sack and 6 pts for any special teams or defensive TD and 2 pts for safety, I don't really know if we should have much more than that for defense. I guess we can give 10 pts for a defensive shutout.........5 pts for 3 to 7 pts given up.....1 pt for anything 13 or less pts given up.
clud
Anyways that's all I got for not for suggestions. I gotta get to work but please do chime in if you see anything I suggested you don't like, what you might want incuded as well.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
So so far:

I'm thinking basic shit....

Basic? :help:, that looks advanced for me.

I must be ol’fashion. TD’s are 6 and a point for every 10 yards whether it be rushing or receiving, FG based on yards and team defense. But i can roll with anything.

redwhiteandblue

Apr 1, 2013
Yeah that sounds fine. I like PPR with standard-ish scoring so that all works for me.

Basic? :help:, that looks advanced for me.

I must be ol’fashion. TD’s are 6 and a point for every 10 yards whether it be rushing or receiving, FG based on yards and team defense. But i can roll with anything.
Yeah that seems a little different than basic scoring but not bad. Whatever is loaded is probably good on a site. I use Sleeper for my dynasty league so I haven't been on ESPN in a few years and Yahoo not as much. I'd recommend anyone checking out Sleeper, I imagine in the next year or two they will be the name brand for fantasy football leagues.

I prefer PPR, but half-PPR always seems like a nice compromise.

Also, as far as roster, would we be doing 1 or 2 Flex spots? Seems to be a big one these days.

QB
RB
RB
WR
WR
FLEX
FLEX
TE
D/ST
K

BN
BN
BN
BN
BN

?

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I like just one FLEX. In 12+ team leagues, by mid-season, you're often sending out backup RBs who were just signed a week prior to be your second FLEX. I mean, it's definitely something that gives the truly dedicated player an advantage, but if you don't want to spend hours analyzing the waiver wire and free agents each week, I feel like a single FLEX is a lot more manageable. There just aren't enough quality point-producers available in 12+ team leagues to have two, IMO. If this was a 10-team league, it would be different.

JMO. Otherwise I like the positional breakdown posted above.

redwhiteandblue

Apr 1, 2013
Nah I'm cool with that. And you made a good point about being to dedicated. I'd want an easier more turnkey experience. In the office I can't avoid the fantasy sports but I'm so meh on baseball. I lobbied hard for once a week roster changes but really I should have lobbied for max starts. Unlimited starts and 5 moves a week even was giving like 3 people the advantage, and I don't care enough about baseball to check that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->