OT: 2021 Football Thread - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Yea that was always a nonsense argument. How come nobody ever uses that for all the son's of former professional players who are multi-millionaires? Just an excuse to use against Rosen.

Totally disagree with you SA. It was not a nonsense argument. If anything that was THE main one against Rosen as he had all the tools.

And to be honest, I don't know of many college kids other than Rosen coming into the NFL who came from millionaire families. I'm not sayin there aren't a few but there aren't many that's for sure.

You give me the choice of taking a kid who comes from a lower income household where football can change his entire families life and future or a rich kid who doesn't need football yet are equally talented, I'm taking the lower income kid every single time AINEC...just sayin!

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
Totally disagree with you SA. It was not a nonsense argument. If anything that was THE main one against Rosen as he had all the tools.

And to be honest, I don't know of many college kids other than Rosen coming into the NFL who came from millionaire families. I'm not sayin there aren't a few but there aren't many that's for sure.

You give me the choice of taking a kid who comes from a lower income household where football can change his entire families life and future or a rich kid who doesn't need football yet are equally talented, I'm taking the lower income kid every single time AINEC...just sayin!

I couldn’t disagree more. I think it comes entirely down to the individual. For some, structure and a foundation can be a great indicator of future success. For some, like Rosen, a detriment. How many athletes grew up going to California prep schools for example. How many athletes grew up with parents who were millionaire athletes and were exposed young. Meanwhile, a poor kid could be driven to succeed or on the other side, not have the support structure or maybe have grown around the wrong people. I think it’s a real generalization to count a families success against a kid.

Wilsons uncle owns or runs Jet Blue. I have no idea how he’ll turn out but so far you’ve heard nothing but great things about his work ethic. It sounds like he eats and breathes football along with the rest of his family.

Edit: Wilson’s uncle worth $400 million.

Last edited:

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
I couldn’t disagree more. I think it comes entirely down to the individual. For some, structure and a foundation can be a great indicator of future success. For some, like Rosen, a detriment. How many athletes grew up going to California prep schools for example. How many athletes grew up with parents who were millionaire athletes and were exposed young. Meanwhile, a poor kid could be driven to succeed or on the other side, not have the support structure or maybe have grown around the wrong people. I think it’s a real generalization to count a families success against a kid.

Wilsons uncle owns or runs Jet Blue. I have no idea how he’ll turn out but so far you’ve heard nothing but great things about his work ethic. It sounds like he eats and breathes football along with the rest of his family.

Edit: Wilson’s uncle worth $400 million.

there was an article recently about how all Wilson’s family/friends are going to the BYU game on Saturday then flying to Carolina Sunday for the opener. They even mentioned his uncles JetBlue connection and wealth, and said he’s chartering the flight for them, calling it the Zach Wilson experience package or some shit.

Last paragraph of the article it casually mentioned everyone has to get their own tickets and the flight is like $700 a person. Shit made me laugh so much. The way it built up like his uncle was doing this for everyone wnd then you gotta pay your way was a hilarious turn. I gotta find it.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
there was an article recently about how all Wilson’s family/friends are going to the BYU game on Saturday then flying to Carolina Sunday for the opener. They even mentioned his uncles JetBlue connection and wealth, and said he’s chartering the flight for them, calling it the Zach Wilson experience package or some shit.

Last paragraph of the article it casually mentioned everyone has to get their own tickets and the flight is like $700 a person. Shit made me laugh so much. The way it built up like his uncle was doing this for everyone wnd then you gotta pay your way was a hilarious turn. I gotta find it.

I read that too. I found it comical.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey

Nice punch by AB lol

Came back to practice later, Bucs coach said no punches thrown, just some fly swatting

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
I usually head into every offseason very cynical, followed by tentative hope going into training camp which is then dashed anywhere from weeks 1-3.
Yeah usually after a few regular season games the wind gets taken out of the sails. I don't ever recall feeling so depressed before losing any games.
Really stoked for this rookie class though and keeping positive thoughts.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Wilson looks good. He made a couple throws that weren't perfectly placed including the TD, but he's going through his progressions well, staying calm, extending plays, and generally looking poised.

Davis seems like a very good safety net for him too, obviously will have to spread it around, but good chemistry between them already.

Reactions: nyr2k2

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
We still haven't seen moore in a game.

Really interested to see what receivers make the roster, the rotation has made it a bit difficult to figure out after the first two games.

Davis
Moore
Crowder (late round pick trade after training camp?)
Mims ( I don't think they are trading him, let him develop in this offense, even if it takes time, he went to the coaches last week and said put me on special teams, he seems to care.)

I thought Cole had a spot locked up, but he seems to have gotten worse as camp went on, didn't get run with the starters today. Berrios could stay on a Crowder trade, or if they want him as punt returner.

Then Vyncent and Jeff Smith maybe fighting for one spot.

Maybe they keep 7, but you probably only need to carry 6 receivers.

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
Really interested to see what receivers make the roster, the rotation has made it a bit difficult to figure out after the first two games.

Davis
Moore
Crowder (late round pick trade after training camp?)
Mims ( I don't think they are trading him, let him develop in this offense, even if it takes time, he went to the coaches last week and said put me on special teams, he seems to care.)

I thought Cole had a spot locked up, but he seems to have gotten worse as camp went on, didn't get run with the starters today. Berrios could stay on a Crowder trade, or if they want him as punt returner.

Then Vyncent and Jeff Smith maybe fighting for one spot.

Maybe they keep 7, but you probably only need to carry 6 receivers.
I don’t think crowder is going anywhere. Moore is likely gonna end up being on thr outside receiver in 3 sets, and the 2nd receiver. crowder is pure slot.

Deleted member 23124

Joe Namath needs to kick the bucket already. How long can we go on cursed like this?
I wouldn't go that far...but I wish he (and JJ Walker) would stop with the Medicare Advantage commercials. One station in particular seems like they air them them every 10 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad