Not open for further replies.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
He’s out there now.

AZ was a mess and replaced their Head Coach who wanted Murray
Miami drafted Tua
49ers have Jimmy G and drafted Lance

At 24 yrs old, he really hasn’t had a stable chance imo. Possible his personality is the issue or he’s unlikely.

I was always worried about Rosen and that the Jets were going to take him due to his coming from a family worth zillions. There was always the chatter that due to his family's wealth, that Rosen didn't have that extra "drive" to be become great seeing even if he sucked, he'd still be a zillonaire unlike 90% of the rest of the QB's who come out of college who actually need the money that comes along with the fame and all the other perks.

Reactions: NYSPORTS

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
yeah. But also, theres more to being a good NFL QB than just having a good arm and throwing a pretty ball. Maybe he just doesn't have the mentality for it, even though he's smart.

his personality certainly was knocked. Have to recognize though, the road to where he is included three teams which all just drafted Qbs including back to back who went #1 overall.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
I was always worried about Rosen and that the Jets were going to take him due to his coming from a family worth zillions. There was always the chatter that due to his family's wealth, that Rosen didn't have that extra "drive" to be become great seeing even if he sucked, he'd still be a zillonaire unlike 90% of the rest of the QB's who come out of college who actually need the money that comes along with the fame and all the other perks.

their appeared to be a sense of entitlement lurking. Guilty until proved innocent? The experts may not have missed on this one. Still, Murray and Tua went #1 overall while the best he could hope for in SF was the #3.

Reactions: Maximus

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island

Yea that was always a nonsense argument. How come nobody ever uses that for all the son's of former professional players who are multi-millionaires? Just an excuse to use against Rosen.

Reactions: Barnaby and ponzu4u

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Jets taking an absolute beating in practice with the Packers today, not surprising obviously, but Wilson staying in one piece this year seems in danger.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
Jets taking an absolute beating in practice with the Packers today, not surprising obviously, but Wilson staying in one piece this year seems in danger.
Packers aren't fielding any starters in the preseason game. I think they only have 1 healthy QB other than Rodgers.

redwhiteandblue

Apr 1, 2013
that's right, he was injured. Wasn't it the hip?

Yep he may never fully recover.
Tua is such a great example of ESPN being the hype machine what they are and creating narrative. This kid was electric in college but with his frame, injury history, and style of play, there should have been plenty of reason he fell outside the top 10. No reason for him to go undrafted, but still writing was kind of on the wall. I'm not saying he won't be a good NFL QB either, I think this year is make or break for him a bit, but it was a huuuuuuge gamble taking him top 5. Justin Herbert was literally right there too, went the next pick.

Tua would be a cool skill set to go elite, he's just fragile IMO, and there couldn't have been a worse injury to come off of while making the biggest jump in talent in his career.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Tua is such a great example of ESPN being the hype machine what they are and creating narrative. This kid was electric in college but with his frame, injury history, and style of play, there should have been plenty of reason he fell outside the top 10. No reason for him to go undrafted, but still writing was kind of on the wall. I'm not saying he won't be a good NFL QB either, I think this year is make or break for him a bit, but it was a huuuuuuge gamble taking him top 5. Justin Herbert was literally right there too, went the next pick.

Tua would be a cool skill set to go elite, he's just fragile IMO, and there couldn't have been a worse injury to come off of while making the biggest jump in talent in his career.

he was really hyped. I think we all saw how slowly he got up off the floor vs Clemson in the Bowl game before he was injured the following year. He was getting up really slow and he wasn't get getting hit too hard.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Packers aren't fielding any starters in the preseason game. I think they only have 1 healthy QB other than Rodgers.

Right, I meant the practice today with the Packers, the game is whatever on Saturday, these two days are more important than the game because Gb is playing everyone in practice.

bbny

Unregistered User
Apr 12, 2019
They were in different drafts

Rosen was 10th in the draft the Giants took Barkley 2nd.

Yes, I was referencing the large number of fans who wanted to trade with the Cardinals for Rosen the year after, to be the future QB solution

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Yea that was always a nonsense argument. How come nobody ever uses that for all the son's of former professional players who are multi-millionaires? Just an excuse to use against Rosen.
This is absolutely not a nonsense argument. It shouldn’t be a main evaluation factor but a consideration in a tie breaker? Absolutely.

The difference between straight up busts and good players is very often drive. I think the Rangers clearly fell victim to this with Lias Andersson.

Reactions: Maximus

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Yes, I was referencing the large number of fans who wanted to trade with the Cardinals for Rosen the year after, to be the future QB solution

i think most of the league would think about that. A team drafts a QB #10 overall and are only changing direction b/c a new coach wants his college QB. Seems like a good risk. Considering what’a happened, i wonder if he is a good risk for a team.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
This is absolutely not a nonsense argument. It shouldn’t be a main evaluation factor but a consideration in a tie breaker? Absolutely.

The difference between straight up busts and good players is very often drive. I think the Rangers clearly fell victim to this with Lias Andersson.

I think it helps you paint a picture of who someone is as a person, but it’s certainly not an automatic negative. Coming from wealth and a strong family life can certainly be better than coming up in abject poverty with no foundation around you. Mahomes and Christian McCaffrey both came from money and both are considered great people and leaders. On the flip side, I felt Rosen came across as very aloof.

I feel like hockey players are viewed as more blue collar types who generally get into less legal trouble than other athletes. Meanwhile, the reality is that it’s a very expensive sport to play. You can’t just run outside with your friends and bring a ball or glove.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille