2020 F1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Seems like Toto has rallied the troops.

Williams, Mercedes, Racing Point, Red Bull, McLaren, Alpha Tauri and Renault all just released identical statements about Ferrari.
I was going to say I'm surprised AlphaTauri are in on it too, then remembered they're not the Alfa Romeo. The season hasn't even started yet and I'm already confused.

Reactions: Paris in Flames

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
This F1/Ferrari "settlement" situation was so avoidable. There was a 100% chance that this was going to create massive controversy when they refused to release the information. F1 deserves whatever is coming to them.

Reactions: Paris in Flames

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
Are they still building the stands at Zandvoort? Or is everyone going to be sitting in the grass?

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
This F1/Ferrari "settlement" situation was so avoidable. There was a 100% chance that this was going to create massive controversy when they refused to release the information. F1 deserves whatever is coming to them.
I’m still a bit lost on what happened. Is it as simple as FIA investigates the Ferrari PU for cheating, Ferrari disagrees, then settlement reached without any clarification of what happened?

If so, is it possible the FIA didn’t disclose what they did because there could be IP being disclosed to the public? Is there any precedence to this?

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
I’m still a bit lost on what happened. Is it as simple as FIA investigates the Ferrari PU for cheating, Ferrari disagrees, then settlement reached without any clarification of what happened?

If so, is it possible the FIA didn’t disclose what they did because there could be IP being disclosed to the public? Is there any precedence to this?

The suspicion I've read the most is that they've figured out a cheat around fuel flow rate monitoring/sensors. F1 regulates both fuel used overall and the rate burned. If you remember, Ferrari's straight line speed advantage disappeared at the end of last season. That was right about the time F1 issued a Technical Directive at the request by Red Bull who asked if something altering the fuel flow sensor intervals would be legal.

F1 shares with all teams anything asked by a team that is determined illegal. If a team asks for something declared legal, F1 allows it and doesn't share it since it's IP. Like Merc's steering this year.

In this case, it looks like F1 thinks Ferrari is cheating, can't prove it and decided to do whatever extra monitoring is necessary/got Ferrari to promise to not do whatever it is they think they were doing. And then not tell anyone.

If you're confused, it's because F1 is trying to play the middle and not piss off Ferrari. I mean something is either legal or it's not. If it's legal, they can keep it secret. If it's illegal, they supposed to reveal that to the teams. All non Ferrari teams have every right to be upset.

Reactions: Kane One

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Bahrain GP has announced that the race will be participants only. So. If you're not employed by an F1 team, you ain't there.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Glad I wasn't planning on making a trip this season. People will lose lots of money because of this and they'll be pissed. It'll feel weird but it's the right decision.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Have y'all got your fantasy teams set up yet? If not, go make one so I can boast about my superior F1 knowledge later.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Honestly I have no idea what they're going to cut to without a crowd or Ocon in the garage.
Maybe there's some rich Bahraini prince or whatever in the stands á la Putin. That would probably be enough for Lewis to call it an amazing crowd.

Reactions: Kane One

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
It's gonna be a short season. I can't see a sport with so much traveling around the world lasting until this thing is contained.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad