ALPHA TAURIPierre GaslyDaniil Kvyat
RACING POINTSergio PerezLance Stroll
ALFA ROMEOKimi RäikkönenAntonio Giovinazzi
HAASKevin MagnussenRomain Grosjean
WILLIAMSGeorge RussellNicholas Latifi
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Race calendar for 2020

image.jpg

Preseason testing takes place in Barcelona, in February 19-28.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Only a miracle can take away Lewis' record tying 7th title from him this season, but he's probably going to break a handful of other records this season as well.

Wins: Schumacher 91, Hamilton 84
Podiums: Schumacher 155, Hamilton 151

Schumacher also has a record for most wins at the same circuit with 8 in Magny Cours. Lewis can tie that by winning in Canada or Hungary.

I've strongly expressed my dislike for Lewis in the past, but I think we should take this season to appreciate what he has accomplished. Sure, he's been in the best car for years now but he'll most likely set some records that won't be broken for years, probably decades. Let's not look back in 10 years at how good Hamilton was, let's look at how good he is.

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
I prefer not to look at it as how good Lewis was, which he wasn't, but how dominant Mercedes has been for the last 6 years.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I prefer not to look at it as how good Lewis was, which he wasn't, but how dominant Mercedes has been for the last 6 years.
Tell me an all time great who didn't have a dominant car.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
This season should be a really interesting one. Lots of great storylines.
  • Is Haas truly that terrible?
  • What can Racing Point bring now that they're kinda settled in and able to better focus on the car and development
  • Will Latifi set F1 records by being lapped 13 times in his first race?
  • New tracks
  • Does Mclaren stay as the best of the rest or was it more of a flash in the pan?
  • How much more can Verstappen get out of the Red Bull/Honda? Is 2nd in the championship realistic?
Plus there's probably a huge shuffle come 2021 in terms of who is where so that should be a lot of fun and speculation.

I also grabbed my tickets for Montreal. Opted to do the full Friday-Sunday instead of just Sunday this year. Very excited.

Reactions: Preds Partisan

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I think the biggest storyline of this season will be "is it 2021 yet?".

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Latifi reminds me so much of Maldonado. Spends a million years in GP2/F2, finally finishes near the top (Crashonado actually won the whole thing) and then Moneybags his way to F1.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Latifi reminds me so much of Maldonado. Spends a million years in GP2/F2, finally finishes near the top (Crashonado actually won the whole thing) and then Moneybags his way to F1.
On top of that, last year's F2 class was probably the weakest of recent years. Even the champion Nyck de Vries wasn't even close to getting himself a seat in F1.

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
Could be zero changes next year depending on how the 2021 car development goes for each team. They may all want to remove the driver variable with the new design coming. Or not.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009

He's going to do a terrific job at deflecting most of the "pay driver, he sucks" stuff away from Stroll.

Whatever anybody's opinion is on Stroll, he's significantly better than Latifi.

The f2 class was so, so, so weak and Latifi was meh. Okay. Second. But that doesn't say much. Last season's rookies demolished this guy.

Reactions: Khelandros

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009

God. I hope they can give him a car capable of winning the championship. Way too much raw talent to waste.

*Edit*

Sometimes I forget how young Max is. When this deal is up in 2023, he'll have been with Red Bull for 8(?) seasons and he'll still just be 25....meaning plenty of time to bail and win elsewhere if he has to.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
REVEALED: The Top 10 races of the decade - as chosen by you | Formula 1®

So according to the public voting, the two tracks that make up three spots in the top 5 will be out of the calendar by 2021. Nice job F1.

Although there's some pretty clear recency bias in that list. As great as Germany and Brazil were this year, they shouldn't be #1 and #3. Canada 2011 and Brazil 2012 were way better than any other race this decade and no one can convince me otherwise.

Reactions: Preds Partisan

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
Same opinion as when these rumors started, it's a bad look and nothing but a money grab.

In other news, Haas found a legit 2020 sponsor in MindMaze, a neurotechnology company that has a relationship with Ricciardo and sponsored McLaren's 2019 Indy 500 team.

umma gumma

Apr 8, 2005
Tell me an all time great who didn't have a dominant car.
lol not for half of their career!

If Vettel instead of Hamilton had moved to Mercedes he would be close to 10 championships by now, but no one thinks Vettel is a better driver than Hamilton, but they did back then on the string of his 4 successive tiles and domination of the sport. That's where Hamilton is now.

Hope he doesn't move to Ferrari.

Last edited:

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
im i the only one who liked the 90s/early 00s more? the noise the cars made this period was just so cool. the cars was faster and the drivers where more reckless, just more fun overall than modern formel 1.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->