2020 F1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Nice. Maybe the team will get its own identity now rather than just being the ex Force India.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I really like that between 2018-2021, Sergio Perez will have raced for Force India, Racing Point and Aston Martin but never left the original team.

...assuming they carry on with the Stroll/Perez lineup which I assume they will.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I really like that between 2018-2021, Sergio Perez will have raced for Force India, Racing Point and Aston Martin but never left the original team.

...assuming they carry on with the Stroll/Perez lineup which I assume they will.
Perez is under contract until 2022.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Perez is under contract until 2022.

I know but I'm also just assuming the contract has options for both sides to move on if they truly wanted to.

I have no doubt we'll see Stroll and Perez driving for Aston Martin but I take most F1 contracts with a grain of salt.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the livery even though I'm almost sure it'll be terrible.

Assuming the BWT and SportsPesa sponsorships continue... They'll both want pink and blue on the car. Then you have people wanting British racing Green.....then you have to consider the shade of green that Aston Martin have been using in other racing leagues...

God. It's going to be hideous isn't it?

Last edited:

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I know but I'm also just assuming the contract has options for both sides to move on if they truly wanted to.

I have no doubt we'll see Stroll and Perez driving for Aston Martin but I take most F1 contracts with a grain of salt.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the livery even though I'm almost sure it'll be terrible.

Assuming the BWT and SportsPesa sponsorships continue... They'll both want pink and blue on the car. Then you have people wanting British racing Green.....then you have to consider the shade of green that Aston Martin have been using in other racing leagues...

God. It's going to be hideous isn't it?
Benetton-esque compromise the best option imo

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Formula E race in China cancelled. Wonder what'll happen with F1. Just hope they cancel it early if they'll do it, don't make a mess out of it by cancelling it at the last minute, screwing thousands of fans planning on making the trip.

I can't recall any situations quite like this in F1. I wonder if they would try to move the race further into the season? Would China's climate even allow that? Schedule-wise there isn't really any place to put it though, unless we want races 4 weeks in a row, which teams would probably heavily protest against, lol.

As the race would most likely just be skipped this season, that would give us two four week breaks from F1. And it means we would have two new tracks in a row in Vietnam and Zandvoort in rounds 3 and 4.

Last edited:

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
They've got two and a half months until the race, so plenty of time to figure it out...or screw it up.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Seems near impossible to replace Shanghai but God damn do I want Hockenheim back on the calendar.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009

I must say. I like it. Especially the pop of red.

(This isn't this year's car but it is this year's livery)

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
Renault is just issuing renderings tomorrow instead of the new car. Not sure what RB is doing tomorrow.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Renault is just issuing renderings tomorrow instead of the new car. Not sure what RB is doing tomorrow.

Red Bull should just post a two image slideshow on Instagram. Image 1 says to swipe to see the 2020 livery.

Then image 2 is the exact same livery they've had for ____ years.

I'm most interested in Renault, Alpha Tauri and Williams.

Seems Renault will include more white, Williams will have red and who knows what Tauri are gonna do.

Reactions: Preds Partisan

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Red Bull should just post a two image slideshow on Instagram. Image 1 says to swipe to see the 2020 livery.

Then image 2 is the exact same livery they've had for ____ years.

I'm most interested in Renault, Alpha Tauri and Williams.

Seems Renault will include more white, Williams will have red and who knows what Tauri are gonna do.
I don't think they'll do that much different in AlphaTauri. They'll probably want to keep the similarity with Red Bull they've always had.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I don't think they'll do that much different in AlphaTauri. They'll probably want to keep the similarity with Red Bull they've always had.

I think we'll see a radical shift. Everything makes me think we'll be seeing a black and white livery.

But we'll see.

And just like that. Red Bull has confirmed the obvious. Their livery hasn't changed at all. Classic case of if it ain't broke....don't fix it.

Ah. I love livery season.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Some rather obvious news:

People calling for Hockenheim to replace it I don't think that's really a possibility on such short notice. Although there would be a two week break before and after the race so travel wouldn't be an issue. Most likely we'll get a four week break between Zandvoort and Hanoi though.

By the way, I can't be the only person in the world who prefers Nurburgring over Hockenheim, right?

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I think we'll see a radical shift. Everything makes me think we'll be seeing a black and white livery.

But we'll see.

And just like that. Red Bull has confirmed the obvious. Their livery hasn't changed at all. Classic case of if it ain't broke....don't fix it.

Ah. I love livery season.

I really don't get people who get so excited for a Ferrari or a Merc reveal and are then disappointed to see pretty much the same livery as the previous season. I mean what where they expecting?

Reactions: Khelandros

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
People prefer Hockenheim because of recency bias, plus this generation of cars produce decent racing on that track. We assume Hockenheim would be a plug-and-play situation in the schedule, but Nurburgring has been out of the rotation so I don't think it's an option.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
People prefer Hockenheim because of recency bias, plus this generation of cars produce decent racing on that track. We assume Hockenheim would be a plug-and-play situation in the schedule, but Nurburgring has been out of the rotation so I don't think it's an option.
I didn't mean it would be a possible replacement for China, just saying that I don't see too many people missing Nurburgring.

Reactions: Preds Partisan

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Just you wait until f1 announces that as a replacement for China, they'll just slightly change the layout of Paul Ricard and run two weekends there!

umma gumma

Apr 8, 2005
Hockenheim does produce some good races, but as a racetrack I prefer the layout and elevation changes of the Nurburgring. I loved the old Hockenheim. Scary fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad