2020 F1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017

Yeah, a forward/backward movable steering wheel to change the toe. I don't see how this is legal, but Merc thinks it is.

I can't see Mercedes being dumb enough to do something so obvious without asking FIA's approval first.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
5pUVzfV.png

It's just testing etc etc but it's great to see the progress Williams has made. Ditto Racing Point. Would love to see them more of a factor.

Also. If these times are in any way an indication, Lewis will have the WDC won by Belgium.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Drive to Survive season 2 releases tomorrow. Are y'all hyped?

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Drive to Survive season 2 releases tomorrow. Are y'all hyped?

Hell yeah. I'm mostly curious about how they make Max a villain this season.

"After half a season of Max Verstappen secretly putting weight in Pierre Gasly's car, the Red Bull team finally decided it's time for a change ..."

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Hell yeah. I'm mostly curious about how they make Max a villain this season.

"After half a season of Max Verstappen secretly putting weight in Pierre Gasly's car, the Red Bull team finally decided it's time for a change ..."
I got a day off so I'll probably binge watch through the whole thing. Some Guenther epicness in episode 2.

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
Definitely. I got my trial for season 1. Then started watching other shit and never cancelled it.
Thanks, always like to keep that free month in my pocket just in case I get the Coronavirus and have to stay at home for a month, lol.

Reactions: JoVel

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009

"The FIA announces that, after thorough technical investigations, it has concluded its analysis of the operation of the Scuderia Ferrari Formula 1 Power Unit and reached a settlement with the team. The specifics of the agreement will remain between the parties.
The FIA and Scuderia Ferrari have agreed to a number of technical commitments that will improve the monitoring of all Formula 1 Power Units for forthcoming championship seasons as well as assist the FIA in other regulatory duties in Formula 1 and in its research activities on carbon emissions and sustainable fuels."

Sounds like trouble.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009

"The FIA announces that, after thorough technical investigations, it has concluded its analysis of the operation of the Scuderia Ferrari Formula 1 Power Unit and reached a settlement with the team. The specifics of the agreement will remain between the parties.
The FIA and Scuderia Ferrari have agreed to a number of technical commitments that will improve the monitoring of all Formula 1 Power Units for forthcoming championship seasons as well as assist the FIA in other regulatory duties in Formula 1 and in its research activities on carbon emissions and sustainable fuels."

Sounds like trouble.

"Soooo Ferrari was cheating but we're not gonna tell you a single detail"

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
I was bored and looking for something to watch so watched S1 on Netflix and am on Ep 2 of season two. This stuff is fantastic. I knew nothing about F1 before this show and now I am hooked.

I want to go to a race, thinking Montreal, so bad now. This seems so much more exciting than NASCAR, which I used to be a fan of until they started the whole "chase" stuff. I haven't watched since. I grew up in Ontario California and remember sneaking into the speedway back in the early 80's.

Can't wait to start following this season. From the show I really like Kevin Magnussen and wish him success.

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
I was bored and looking for something to watch so watched S1 on Netflix and am on Ep 2 of season two. This stuff is fantastic. I knew nothing about F1 before this show and now I am hooked.

I want to go to a race, thinking Montreal, so bad now. This seems so much more exciting than NASCAR, which I used to be a fan of until they started the whole "chase" stuff. I haven't watched since. I grew up in Ontario California and remember sneaking into the speedway back in the early 80's.

Can't wait to start following this season. From the show I really like Kevin Magnussen and wish him success.

Welcome, please post on here we could probably use some new people.

Make sure you watch qualifying which is on Saturday afternoon local time race weekends. The setup is by far the best qualifying in motorsports. Given the current design of cars it's also extremely important to place well in qualifying to maximize chances of getting points in the race. It's only about an hour long and can actually be better than some of the races depending on tracks.

The broadcasts are a world feed video and we get Sky Sports (England) commentary so it's a little different flow and style than you may be used to. But, it's solid.

Enjoy.

Reactions: Sam Spade

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009

Montreal is a terrific race to go to. I went last year for the first time and it was basically the completion of a life long dream.

Just went for the race last year but bought tickets for Friday/Saturday/Sunday this year. Will definitely do Saturday and Sunday but may sell the Friday tickets. I also might just use that time to be a lot more casual and explore the track and the surroundings.

However! The show is good at giving you insight into the drivers outside of the car but Netflix definitely pushed a narrative on guys. It's most noticeable with Max Verstappen who they needed to be the "villain" since they understandably made Ricciardo the star.

Also a bit of a narrative push on guys like Lance Stroll but that guy has had narratives pushed on him his entire career.

Reactions: Sam Spade

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
However! The show is good at giving you insight into the drivers outside of the car but Netflix definitely pushed a narrative on guys. It's most noticeable with Max Verstappen who they needed to be the "villain" since they understandably made Ricciardo the star.
I think this time they kinda just ignored Max since the whole Gasly/Albon stuff made for a much better story.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I think I said it a year ago that while this show is definitely entertaining for an F1 fan, I feel like it's even better for new people to get to know the sport.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I think this time they kinda just ignored Max since the whole Gasly/Albon stuff made for a much better story.

Yeah I should have clarified that was based on season 1. I've yet to start season 2 as the girlfriend had the Netflix locked down to watch Love is Blind this weekend.

Hopefully starting tomorrow though.

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
"Soooo Ferrari was cheating but we're not gonna tell you a single detail"
I don't think they were cheating, just like Merc isn't cheating with their push/pull steering. More so the wording leads me to believe that Ferrari has shown the FIA the loopholes around their monitoring and are now working with them to fix the loopholes.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Viaplay will have the rights to broadcast F1 in Finland in 2022, which could be fan-f***ing-tastic news. Why? Because Viaplay also streams NHL, meaning they'll be available under the same platform, which should greatly reduce my TV payments. For others it could increase them but hey that's just too bad.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Seems like Toto has rallied the troops.

Williams, Mercedes, Racing Point, Red Bull, McLaren, Alpha Tauri and Renault all just released identical statements about Ferrari.

We, the undersigned teams, were surprised and shocked by the FIA’s statement of Friday 28 February regarding the conclusion of its investigation into the Scuderia Ferrari Formula 1 Power Unit.

An international sporting regulator has the responsibility to act with the highest standards of governance, integrity and transparency.

After months of investigations that were undertaken by the FIA only following queries raised by other teams, we strongly object to the FIA reaching a confidential settlement agreement with Ferrari to conclude this matter.

Therefore, we hereby state publicly our shared commitment to pursue full and proper disclosure in this matter, to ensure that our sport treats all competitors fairly and equally.

We do so on behalf of the fans, the participants and the stakeholders of Formula One.

In addition, we reserve our rights to seek legal redress, within the FIA’s due process and before the competent courts.

McLaren Racing Limited
Mercedes-Benz Grand Prix Limited
Racing Point UK Limited
Red Bull Racing Limited
Renault Sport Racing Limited
Scuderia Alpha Tauri S.p.A.
Williams Grand Prix Engineering Limited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad