2020 F1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
Was Wehrlein even that good though? Rumour was Force India didn't want him at the time and picked Ocon instead. Lots of people are also saying Ocon has kind of been "found out" at Renault and hasn't performed.

The whole academy programme concept is kind of dead in the water across the board really since the demise of the Red Bull juniors

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Was Wehrlein even that good though? Rumour was Force India didn't want him at the time and picked Ocon instead. Lots of people are also saying Ocon has kind of been "found out" at Renault and hasn't performed.

The whole academy programme concept is kind of dead in the water across the board really since the demise of the Red Bull juniors
Ocon has been pretty disappointing this year for sure, but he was quite highly regarded in 2017 and especially in 2018. He outqualified Perez 16-5 and was pretty even on race pace.

If he gets beaten by a 40 year old Alonso next year though he's gonna be an afterthought, if he's not that already by the end of this season.

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
A Perez/Latifi lineup actually makes all sorts of business sense.

Not a lot of racing sense...but money wise...it's smart.

I don't see Toto letting that go down quietly though.

If Toto was really serious about it, he has a seat available at Mercedes! That would be lots of fun to watch go down.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
I wonder what kind of engine deal f***ery Toto is going to pull if there's truth behind the rumors that Williams are trying to replace Russell with Perez next year.

Could be pretty brutal for the future the Mercedes driver academy as well. They've already left two promising talents in Wehrlein and Ocon hanging and if Russell were to be added to that list I wonder how tempted young talents are to join that organization... Williams hasn't at any point shown interest in being a B team for Merc and it doesn't seem like the new owners are want to be going that direction either.

If you're Williams though Perez could be a dream driver to join that team. Tons of money, talent and experience over a young driver who's, while insanely fast and skilled, eager to leave the team as soon as he possibly can.
Wait, for 2021?

Idk if they can even buy out Russell's contract, Mercedes was probably involved when it was signed.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
This silly season/game of musical chairs for seats is top notch though.

Mazepin Family potentially buying Haas and putting their son in the car (a new trend in F1 I guess). The endless Red Bull #2 question. Kimi somehow sticking around. Ferrari Driver Academy having 3 drivers worthy of a shot. And likely 2 of Hulkenberg/Perez/Russell without a drive?

Oh. And Fernando Alonso is back.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Mazepin would be an interesting prospect to have in F1 for sure... He's like a lesser version of Ticktum. Put him alongside Perez or whoever at Haas and you're going to have some fireworks for sure. He's got two wins and two 2nd's in feature races this year so he's not completely useless either, could still realistically finish at least 3rd in the championship.

I know people are supposed to be excited but I just couldn't care less about Alonso coming back. I'd rather not have him around anymore.

Reactions: Paris in Flames

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I'm with you on Alonso. I'd also not have him back.

Fantastic talent no doubt but it's kinda just...been there done that. But what else is out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad