2020 F1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Also. Something to potentially watch.

ZvIbJpi.jpg

Lewis Hamilton (and Idris Elba) very close to the recently diagnosed with Covid-19, Sophie Trudeau.

Even Lewis contracted it there's no concern for his long term health but it's possible it would spread through the pitlane.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Wonder if any teams will say screw it to this year and start focusing completely on 2021 already. Could be a good gamble for some teams. Maybe even for Red Bull, even though they looked competitive in testing. Even if they give up on this season it's very unlikely they'd finish lower than 3rd.

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
Wonder if any teams will say screw it to this year and start focusing completely on 2021 already. Could be a good gamble for some teams. Maybe even for Red Bull, even though they looked competitive in testing. Even if they give up on this season it's very unlikely they'd finish lower than 3rd.
Haas said the beginning of the season would determine whether they would spend the money to stay in F1 with the development cost of the 2021 pending. All of those races will be lost, so they're very likely out after this season.

You can bet that with the budget cap going into effect next year, the top 3 are already well into 2021. Not sure any of the rest will spend much of anything on the current design...just too many races will be lost and the return on time improvement is too costly as it is.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
So as the Australian GP got cancelled, Veloce Esports hosted a race on F1 2019 with some of the biggest F1 Youtubers and eSports drivers. They also got Lando, Vandoorne, Gutierrez and Louis Deletraz onboard.

You can also find Lando's feed on his Twitch channel and probably all the Youtube guys as well.

Reactions: SoupyFIN

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
So as the Australian GP got cancelled, Veloce Esports hosted a race on F1 2019 with some of the biggest F1 Youtubers and eSports drivers. They also got Lando, Vandoorne, Gutierrez and Louis Deletraz onboard.

You can also find Lando's feed on his Twitch channel and probably all the Youtube guys as well.
This is really cool how far the F1 YT community has come.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Calling back to the photo of Lewis Hamilton, Sophie Trudeau and Idris Elba.

Elba announced today he's tested positive. Hope Lewis has been tested.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Just came here to say the same thing. Not good...

And really makes F1's decision to cancel so late even worse. Imagine if Lewis was a carrier and still went about his life essentially up to FP1 as if the season was happening....potential risk to media, fans, his team, other drivers...

There's hope because Lewis is a pretty social savvy guy so he hopefully wasn't out high giving and hugging fans but shit.

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
And really makes F1's decision to cancel so late even worse. Imagine if Lewis was a carrier and still went about his life essentially up to FP1 as if the season was happening....potential risk to media, fans, his team, other drivers...

There's hope because Lewis is a pretty social savvy guy so he hopefully wasn't out high giving and hugging fans but shit.
Maybe Sophie Trudeau testing positive is the reason why Mercedes said they don't want to risk their team getting sick? Possibly trying to avoid the risk of Hamilton testing positive during the weekend...

Obviously I'm just speculating.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
For any European PS4 folks out there, F1 2019 is currently on double discount store sale if you're a Plus member. Legends edition is 24 euros.

I don't think the North American store has the same sale.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
It's kinda annoying not knowing if I'm going to Montreal for the race or not.

I haven't booked an airbnb yet - entirely because I don't want to bother and go through the hassle while it's unsure.

But I also kinda worry there won't be anything decent/affordable left if/when the time comes.

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
Conference call between F1 and teams today to discuss, among other things, postponing new 2021 regulations until 2022. Looks like it's a near certainty that this delay will be approved. Makes sense if they don't run until sometime in June to keep costs as low as possible.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017

So as of now Baku is the earliest we can hope to start the season.

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
I understand the decision, but I’m very unhappy. Now I couldn’t care less if the entire 2020 championship is cancelled, just so I know there’s only one more year of this.

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
It's kinda annoying not knowing if I'm going to Montreal for the race or not.

I haven't booked an airbnb yet - entirely because I don't want to bother and go through the hassle while it's unsure.

But I also kinda worry there won't be anything decent/affordable left if/when the time comes.
A couple years ago I booked an Airbnb for the race for like $40 a night less than a month in advance. I doubt you’ll have any problems.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
F1 is streaming the 2016 Brazilian GP on both Facebook and YouTube today. 15:00GMT.

So nobody has to look it up or confirm. The 2016 Brazilian GP was soaking wet and where Max went next level and probably had one of the better saves of recent memory.

And for me personally, it's the reason Max is my favourite driver today and his true coming out party as "the next one", imo.

Reactions: MXD

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
F1 is streaming the 2016 Brazilian GP on both Facebook and YouTube today. 15:00GMT.

So nobody has to look it up or confirm. The 2016 Brazilian GP was soaking wet and where Max went next level and probably had one of the better saves of recent memory.

And for me personally, it's the reason Max is my favourite driver today and his true coming out party as "the next one", imo.
Yeah, that was the race when most of the world realized that he's the real deal. Even though his Red Bull debut was amazing, the Mercedes boys crashing and Ricciardo picking up a puncture made that happen. In Brazil though he was just in a league of his own.

Reactions: Paris in Flames
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad