2020 F1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I do like the Mclaren livery but I think I preferred last season.

We'll see how it looks in action though.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005

... Seizing. A Ferrari F1 car. In Italy. Good luck with that.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Apparently Lando Norris said he's going to tone himself down this season after he got negative feedback on social media.

Who the f*** hurt Lando and how can I hurt them? We need MORE of Lando. Not less.

Reactions: JoVel

Based Anime Fan

Himedanshi Bandit
Mar 11, 2012
Tokai
How long into the season will it be before I find out what Splunk is?

Splunk is a database logging and monitoring system, specifically targeted at database big-data correlation. Basically, you have it installed on your server and you go 'Splunking' to review logs and troubleshoot.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017

AlphaTauri car launch will be live on Youtube in a bit over 5 hours time.

I thought at first they'd go with a boring Toro Rosso look but based on this teaser could they go with a chrome look? Because that would be e-f***ing-pic if done correctly.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
My goodness that AlphaTauri car launch was painful. I won't pretend like I know anything about fashion but I wouldn't turn an F1 car launch into a freaking fashion show. The people who turn up probably don't want to see people walking around for literally half an hour.

The car looks decent though I guess.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Apparently the Racing Point livery leaked.

hP2cjzm.jpg

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
Rumors of Imola seeking to replace China GP this year floating around. Won't happen, but fun to think about.

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
Don't like it.

The old Williams Martini livery was always one of my favourites, even without the Martini stripe the colour scheme was still nice and I wish they'd stuck to it. This just looks like Colgate toothpaste.

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
Williams already made the track for photo runs today, so that's better than last year when they came to testing a day and a half late. Progress.

Reactions: umma gumma

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Drive to Survive 2 trailer is out..

Poor, poor Nico.

Racing Point livery is out and unsurprisingly the leaked photos were correct. Seems SportsPesa is out and honestly. I really miss the blue and in general dislike the livery (though I do continue to like the uniqueness of pink). Oh well. It's just for one season.

Last edited:

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Drive to Survive 2 trailer is out..

Poor, poor Nico.

Racing Point livery is out and unsurprisingly the leaked photos were correct. Seems SportsPesa is out and honestly. I really miss the blue and in general dislike the livery (though I do continue to like the uniqueness of pink). Oh well. It's just for one season.

Force India / Racing Point / BWT hit gold with that pink livery. BWT's popularity and recognizability went through the roof with it, and isn't that what you want in the end?

Kinda like BAR in 1999 with their Lucky Strike / 555 double livery. I mean the car looked absolutely hideous but those cigarette brands definitely weren't complaining.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I know Max is the biggest star in the sport after Hamilton but I can't see the Dutch GP being good for anything else but saving the Dutch money for not having to make a trip to Austria or Spa. The track is just not suited for these cars. I'll make a bold prediction and say there will be more overtakes in Monaco than in Zandvoort.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I know Max is the biggest star in the sport after Hamilton but I can't see the Dutch GP being good for anything else but saving the Dutch money for not having to make a trip to Austria or Spa. The track is just not suited for these cars. I'll make a bold prediction and say there will be more overtakes in Monaco than in Zandvoort.

Sadly quality of racing is pretty far down the list of importance for F1.

I understand catering to Max and his insane following. It's a good business move. I wish it resulted in a race on a better, more modern, track but hey.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
While it's just day 1 of testing and everything should be taken with a grain of salt, it seems quite encouraging that the Racing Point has shaved considerable time off (about half a second right now) of what was their qualifying pace here last season.

By all accounts it seems they've just slapped a pink livery on their best copy of last year's Mercedes so they could definitely be an interesting element in the mid field - especially if Stroll learns anything about qualifying.

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009

Yeah, a forward/backward movable steering wheel to change the toe. I don't see how this is legal, but Merc thinks it is.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Williams testing lap time is almost a full second faster than their top 2019 qualifying time. I know that there's so many factors involved that you can't make a direct comparison but it's a bit encouraging.

Would be great to see if they can actually make a noticeable step forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->