Prospect Info: 2020-21 Prospects Thread (CHL, NCAA, Europe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Ya I don't get it. Unless he had a Connor Bleackley level of camp, I can't imagine what happened to put him in Bednar's doghouse.

He also took a bad penalty in the first period of this one last night. A lazy penalty.

When you have a bad camp, and then take a lazy penalty in the first period of the first opportunity coach gives you... It isn't going to end well.

I dont think he is in Bednars dog house, he just has to show something positive for a few shifts to earn more ice time and he didn't do that last night.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Ya I don't get it. Unless he had a Connor Bleackley level of camp, I can't imagine what happened to put him in Bednar's doghouse.

He must just not trust what he’s been seeing in practice.

It’s too bad, I really felt like he had the makings of a solid 3rd liner when I saw him with the Avs last year. Hopefully this is just a bump in the road.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
He also took a bad penalty in the first period of this one last night. A lazy penalty.

When you have a bad camp, and then take a lazy penalty in the first period of the first opportunity coach gives you... It isn't going to end well.

I dont think he is in Bednars dog house, he just has to show something positive for a few shifts to earn more ice time and he didn't do that last night.
Yet Byram took a penalty in like his 2nd shift and still got ice time.

Kaut can play for us and put some pressure on our lazy bottom 6. But that won’t happen if Bednar does not have some patience.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Yet Byram took a penalty in like his 2nd shift and still got ice time.

Kaut can play for us and put some pressure on our lazy bottom 6. But that won’t happen if Bednar does not have some patience.

Having a bad camp sure didn't help.

I don't know what it is with Kaut but there's obviously something they don't like about him.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC

I don't know what it is with Kaut but there's obviously something they don't like about him.
Bad camp is a bit weird. How bad could it have been? There was no preseason games and not even a real burgundy-white game. Did he botch a couple of drills? Is he completely out of shape?

Belgican

Mar 8, 2002
Visit site
Bad camp is a bit weird. How bad could it have been? There was no preseason games and not even a real burgundy-white game. Did he botch a couple of drills? Is he completely out of shape?

He came from Europe where he played games already this season, he should be in better shape than other players

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Y’all really think he would have been on the taxi squad and then put in a game if he was in the doghouse?

The fourth liners didn’t get any even strength TOI in this game either, their special teams minutes proper it up some. I question their commitment to Kaut but it’s not like he was benched.

Reactions: McMetal

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019

Where is this idea that he had a bad camp coming from? Did Bednar say something about him?

Donskoi and Compher must be feeling pretty relieved that Kaut didn't take his opportunity/their job.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Should we be concerned about Kaut? Bednar clearly had no interest in playing him tonight.

He just had a 19-year-old in the top four. I think he’s more than earned the benefit of the doubt when it comes to playing the kids.

It’s his first game of the year. If the trend continues then it might warrant concern.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
He just had a 19-year-old in the top four. I think he’s more than earned the benefit of the doubt when it comes to playing the kids.

It’s his first game of the year. If the trend continues then it might warrant concern.

Oh yeah, that’s less of my worry.

I was more concerned that maybe he’s lost a little faith in him from what he saw in camp and practice.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
It was a close game the whole way, especially in the third. I don't really blame Bednar for shortening his bench toward the end for those desperately needed two points. We'll see with Kaut, I give it a month or two before we all really know what the plan is with him and whether he's in the doghouse.

PowerMac

Dec 20, 2019
Bo was a top 5 pick and a can't miss prospect. You can't compare the two. Kakko played bad and even looked lazy his rookie season but still got to play pp1 cause NY spent a high pick on him.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Where is this idea that he had a bad camp coming from? Did Bednar say something about him?

Donskoi and Compher must be feeling pretty relieved that Kaut didn't take his opportunity/their job.

Another poster said Bednar didn't like Kaut's camp. Not quite sure when Bednar said it, I think most people just took the poster's word for it.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Is that you @tigervixxxen who heard Bednar saying that?
I heard it. I forget when it was and what he said exactly but it was more so comparing his play at this past camp to a previous camp and that he was better previously. I don’t think he said he sucked or anything but he definitely said he showed more at the previous camp.

Reactions: Balthazar

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Is that you @tigervixxxen who heard Bednar saying that?
He said it in the presser, he was pretty happy with this camp but saw more last year and needs to move his feet but also he’s been working hard and getting to that point. After the game Bednar said he Kaut has been working hard and wanted to get him in a game. His play didn’t lead to the low minutes, was more how game as going and need to shorten the bench.

The biggest statement is that he’s still here, maybe it’s for now but plenty of other options at forward could be on the taxi squad.

Reactions: Balthazar

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
With Timmins and Byram, is it possible he’s wary of relying too many rookies?
I don't think he'd have a problem putting them both in if Timmins had made a similar impact as Byram. That isn't to say that Timmins has been bad, but he hasn't done enough yet to displace Graves. That might change soon though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad