Prospect Info: 2020-21 Prospects Thread (CHL, NCAA, Europe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
They will all likely be buried in the depth chart to start, but some game action will be better than nothing. Maybe with a few of the vets up on the NHL taxi squad, they'll have a little bit more room to maybe make something of the opportunity.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Oh they aren’t going to play. Lol. It’s nice the org remembered these guys though. Foudy is still playing in Sweden so not sure I get that one. Mutala has a spot in the AJHL but not sure they are any closer to returning.

Speaking of

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Pretty f***ed up that not one single NHL team hasn't already stepped up for their own individual players.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Weiss with a two goal game against CC including the game-winner in OT.

He's played some really good hockey this year. He's still afraid of all contact and a stiff breeze can knock him over, but the puck skill is really starting to show. Outside of Newhook and Ambrosio he probably has the most puck skill of forward in the pool.

Richard Doll

Feb 18, 2020
Saint Albans, Vermont
I don't really follow hockey outside of the NHL.

Is there any concern that Annunen is regressing?

I don't really know any of the contributing factors to why he is down this year compared to last year, is there anything to worry about?

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I don't really follow hockey outside of the NHL.

Is there any concern that Annunen is regressing?

I don't really know any of the contributing factors to why he is down this year compared to last year, is there anything to worry about?
The team is worse and his counterpart isn’t having a great season either but it’s concerning Annunen routinely gives up multiple goals on low shot counts. Ever since he set that record he’s been either injured or very inconsistent and it’s been over a year now. At this point he just needs to come to North America and we’ll go from there. There isn’t going to be much else to take from his performance in Europe.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I've seen only a few of Annunen's games this year, but he has a bad tendency to give at least one soft goal a game in each of those. It happened to end last year too. To me, it is a pretty concerning trend... those types of goalies don't tend to translate well in a league where a bad goal can frequently be the difference. I agree with TV that it will be time to bring him over and see what he can do on NA ice. Probably not this season with the mess that will be the AHL, but next season he should be splitting starts there.

Pokecheque

Whack it Hard to Girard
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Middle West
www.armoredheadspace.com
I've seen only a few of Annunen's games this year, but he has a bad tendency to give at least one soft goal a game in each of those. It happened to end last year too. To me, it is a pretty concerning trend... those types of goalies don't tend to translate well in a league where a bad goal can frequently be the difference. I agree with TV that it will be time to bring him over and see what he can do on NA ice. Probably not this season with the mess that will be the AHL, but next season he should be splitting starts there.

The new David Aebischer!

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

This feels like a situation where Sakic might have stepped in and said they should consider resting Newhook, because he was trying too hard to play through it. He clearly shouldn't have been in the lineup unless it was an elimination game or the playoffs.

He got dumped on his shoulder in the last game, but it wasn't really that hard. If he was healthy he would have popped up fine, but it looked like it stung him pretty good. Same thing happened with a mild bump from Helleson at the WJC.

Hopefully it can heal up quickly on its own and doesn't require anything more drastic.

Barklez

Bednar Fanboy
Mar 27, 2011
BC
f***ing great. Avs might need to start banning prospect from participating in big tournaments.

Yes. Because a handful of NCAA league games are more valuable than being a key contributor on Canada’s WJC team.

And who cares if he wants to go right? Teams owns ‘im.

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
f***ing great. Avs might need to start banning prospect from participating in big tournaments.
You are right, from now on every single Avs player or prospect cannot play any games for their country. No olympics, world cup or world championships. Nothing, its the only way.

Barklez

Bednar Fanboy
Mar 27, 2011
BC
AfraidPeacefulKomododragon-size_restricted.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->