Prospect Info: 2020-21 Prospects Thread (CHL, NCAA, Europe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Newhook is indeed not healthy as I speculated Friday night.

Not in the lineup for BC today. In the Gold medal WJC game, he brushed Helleson along the boards at one point and he nearly doubled-over in pain. It was very light contact.

I suspect he is dealing with a minor shoulder sprain and they decided to shut him down. With a little rest, hopefully he will be back in the lineup soon.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
Lol phantom call to put BC on the PK in OT.
Edit: They win it anyway on a PK brealaway.

Helleson on the 3vs4PK in OT and also on #1PP as a one-timer option. Ambrosio also on PP1.

Last edited:
Reactions: MarkT

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Not in the lineup for BC today. In the Gold medal WJC game, he brushed Helleson along the boards at one point and he nearly doubled-over in pain. It was very light contact.

I suspect he is dealing with a minor shoulder sprain and they decided to shut him down. With a little rest, hopefully he will be back in the lineup soon.
The worst shot he took was in the third period of the game against Russia. I’d say he was hurting hard for that gold medal game.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
BC are playing on TSN tonight for everyone in Canada. A chance to catch Helleson out but I don’t think we’re going to see Newhook for a little bit.

ANewHope

Nuggets|Avs|Broncos
May 26, 2011
What's the word on Ambrosio? 4th round pick. 8 points in 8 games including 5 goals. Flukey start or is he potentially legit? Super small sample size but going PPGish as a freshmen in college as a 4th round pick is pretty rare, no?

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
What's the word on Ambrosio? 4th round pick. 8 points in 8 games including 5 goals. Flukey start or is he potentially legit? Super small sample size but going PPGish as a freshmen in college as a 4th round pick is pretty rare, no?
He's playing on BC's top line and 1st PP unit which is really impressive.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
He got an opportunity in the top six while Newhook and Boldy were at the WJC and ran with it. Now that they're back the coaches still have him there. I'm cautiously optimistic, but it's way too small of a sample size for me to get excited yet. Kudos to him though for making the most of his early opportunity and gaining the confidence of the coaching staff there as a freshman, that's a hard thing to do.

Reactions: Richard88

dmac7719

Apr 27, 2018
Ontario
He got an opportunity in the top six while Newhook and Boldy were at the WJC and ran with it. Now that they're back the coaches still have him there. I'm cautiously optimistic, but it's way too small of a sample size for me to get excited yet. Kudos to him though for making the most of his early opportunity and gaining the confidence of the coaching staff there as a freshman, that's a hard thing to do.
He's still there because Hutsko was injured. But given that there's no timetable on Newhook, he'll continue to get this opportunity.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
There’s really no word on a guy until he’s signed and we see his usage in the AHL.

You never know with incoming freshmen on a top program like BC so what Ambrosio is doing is certainly notable and encouraging. I think he’s earned a larger role for himself and I’ve seen some games, the points haven’t come cheap and he’s smart and responsible in the D zone.

Smirnov was once a top freshman so I’m not sure you can extrapolate too far but nothing taken away from the kid either.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
There’s really no word on a guy until he’s signed and we see his usage in the AHL.

You never know with incoming freshmen on a top program like BC so what Ambrosio is doing is certainly notable and encouraging. I think he’s earned a larger role for himself and I’ve seen some games, the points haven’t come cheap and he’s smart and responsible in the D zone.

Smirnov was once a top freshman so I’m not sure you can extrapolate too far but nothing taken away from the kid either.
The difference between Smirnov and Ambrosio is the latter is a much better skater. That will help him a lot at higher level. But yeah let's wait and see before getting too excited. Very encouraging though.

Reactions: tigervixxxen

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Yeah, I don't want to get too excited about him yet. He's been really good so far but he's still a project pick and will need to marinate for a while before we really know what we have. That said, he's exceeding all expectations so far and that's not something we should take for granted.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Why would Foudy get an AHL amateur tryout only to be sent back to juniors???

The junior eligible players will have to go back (or play in the NHL) if/when those leagues start back up. It's good they'll get to participate in camp and have a place to play in the meantime.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Am I right in thinking that Mutala will play in the AHL this year, whilst Foudy is going back to juniors?
Well, as of now this is what we know concerning the CHL...

- LHJMQ: Starting back soon.
- WHL: Confirmed with a 24 or 26 game schedule, no start date.
- OHL: Absolutely nothing.

Based off of this Mutala, Burzan, and Miner all have a better chance of going back to the juniors than Foudy which the OHL has done nothing with a potential return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad