Prospect Info: 2020-21 Prospects Thread (CHL, NCAA, Europe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
Ambrosio looks like a smart player.

For some reason his ice time has been severly cut in the 3rd in games that I have seen. I know freshman and all but it seems extreme since he’s not a liability.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Ambrosio looks like a smart player.

For some reason his ice time has been severly cut in the 3rd in games that I have seen. I know freshman and all but it seems extreme since he’s not a liability.
Maybe he just needs some more conditioning? Getting benched late could be a sign that he's out of gas playing at that level as a freshman.

RockyMtnRedhawk

Feb 25, 2014
Denver
Don’t watch Letterkenny...
giphy.gif

Reactions: Spleenless Wonder21

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
Maybe he just needs some more conditioning? Getting benched late could be a sign that he's out of gas playing at that level as a freshman.
That would be weird AF. I have never heard of a player being so gased that he can’t play in the 3rd. Would be a major red flag.

I think it’s more of a trust thing with the coach and/or a rookie treatment. Don’t know if it’s coach specific or widespread in the NCAA.

Reactions: Richard88

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I'm used to Landy now, but I never understood why they didn't go with Lando. Maybe it's a generational thing. :dunno:

It certainly seems like hockey players were more creative with their nicknames in the past.

Oh definitely. "The Rocket." "Mr. Hockey." "The Chief." And my all-time favorite: "The Chicoutimi Cucumber."

Hell, even Patrick Roy apparently got saddled with "Casseau" early in his career because he liked French fries a little too much. It didn't stick though. But now you just don't get anything remotely creative. The best one to come around with the Avs I think, is "The Condor."

On a side note, I'm curious if "cradnec" means anything in Finnish. That's Mikko's IG handle, but I can't figure out if it means anything. Probably nothing worthy of a nickname in any event.

Reactions: Foppa2118

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Hockey nicknames are just your last name (or some variation of it) with a “y” or “er” at the end. If it already ends in one of those you shorten it up and add an “s” at the end or call them by their first name where all the above rules apply.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
Oh definitely. "The Rocket." "Mr. Hockey." "The Chief." And my all-time favorite: "The Chicoutimi Cucumber."

Hell, even Patrick Roy apparently got saddled with "Casseau" early in his career because he liked French fries a little too much. It didn't stick though. But now you just don't get anything remotely creative. The best one to come around with the Avs I think, is "The Condor."

On a side note, I'm curious if "cradnec" means anything in Finnish. That's Mikko's IG handle, but I can't figure out if it means anything. Probably nothing worthy of a nickname in any event.
Patrick is still called that from time to time.

Reactions: Pokecheque

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Landy is passable but none grown man should be called Josty

Can you imagine a wrestling match between The Undertaker and someone named Josty?

He should change it to something like: The Jackhammer, The Apparatus, The Meat Clever, or maybe even Peach Cobbler. :D:thumbu: In the case of Jost, Toughskins maybe?

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr Zappalanche

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
Nicknames in the NHL today: Nate Dog, Syd the Kid (Lil Cros), Johnny Hockey, The Rat, McJesus, Huggy Bear, Jumbo Joe, The Great Eight, James “The Real Deal” Neal

just off the top of my head.

Edit: The Condor, Moose, Gabe the Babe

Last edited:

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Rossi’s development is a big part of it for sure. As for Eriksson Ek, I don’t know if it will last, but he’s certainly played like a 1C this season.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they surpass the Avs forward group in a couple years.

Wont matter because we building a defense where those forwards wont get to touch the puck in the o zone.

Reactions: Pokecheque
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese