Prospect Info: 2020-2021 Senators Prospect Watch - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

senswon

Quo Tendimus
Aug 1, 2007
Kingstone
They both performed well here and we had a ton of notable prospects at this development camp. I think that is a good sign about their pro potential. They could sign their ELC's after their seasons end and then we will see how they perform in the AHL. I still think they have NHL upside.

With the amount of kids we have on the big club, you gotta think these guys are getting signed for Bsens

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
With the amount of kids we have on the big club, you gotta think these guys are getting signed for Bsens
Yeah, it is my expectation that both receive their ELC with a high likelihood of that occurring after their current seasons end. There has been a lot of turnover on the Belleville roster and prospect pool. Drake Batherson and Josh Norris have essentially graduated. Filip Chlapik and Rudolfs Balcerrs are no longer with the organization. Alex Formenton will likely graduate by the end of this season. Then there are some question marks surrounding Logan Brown, Vitaly Abramov and Jonathan Davidsson. All 3 are getting older and need to make the jump soon or they might get traded. Then there are players like Clark Bishop, Jack Kopacka, Zach Magwood and JC Beaudin who are most likely filler.

The other main forward prospects in Belleville are Parker Kelly, Egor Sokolov, Mark Kastelic and Cole Reinhardt. Ridly Greig will be in Belleville by the end of the season and Shane Pinto will most likely turn pro and join ether Belleville or Ottawa. The only other forward prospect whose contract is expiring and could make the jump to Belleville is Viktor Lodin. It makes a lot of sense for both Jakov Novak and Angus Crookshank to turn pro and sign their ELC and join this group.

I also think it could be a good idea for the Sens to look to the NCAA UFA market to add a prospect or two. I see Jaxon Nelson as the best target as he is a big, physical, defensive forward with speed and untapped offensive potential. He is only 20 years old so he can still be developed into an NHL player. Johnny Walker and Eduards Tralmaks are also options but they are 24 years old so there would be a pretty small window to develop them if they aren't NHL ready.

Reactions: aragorn and senswon

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Philippe Daoust
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
will play his first game tonight, he last played November 14

Moncton lost at home 7-2. Daoust 1 assist. Interesting Daoust was +2, also 2 of the 3 stars were from Moncton who lost 7-2, they did give the 1st star to a Acadie-Bathurst player, well he did score 5 goals.

Last edited:
Reactions: DrEasy

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Bentley Hockey Out of Atlantic Hockey Tournament

Schedule_Update_Graphic.png

Posted: Mar 11, 2021

WALTHAM, Mass. – The Bentley University men's ice hockey team will not continue in the 2021 Atlantic Hockey Tournament due to new on-campus restrictions put in place to protect students, faculty and staff after an uptick in positive COVID-19 cases on campus.
The Falcons were scheduled to play a best-of-3 quarterfinal series in Springfield against American International College this weekend (March 12-14).
Bentley had advanced to the quarterfinals with a 7-3 first-round victory over Air Force earlier this week

Reactions: RAFI BOMB

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Moncton lost at home 7-2. Daoust 1 assist. Interesting Daoust was +2, also 2 of the 3 stars were from Moncton who lost 7-2, they did give the 1st star to a Acadie-Bathurst player, well he did score 5 goals.

Theres something about Daoust that has ‘Trent Mann Find’ written all over him. I think he’ll be an NHLer

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Sogaard backup for Esbjerg today, win 5-2
Victor Lodin with his 2nd assist on a OT winner. 2a
Chlapik's team win 3-2 in OT

Last edited:
Reactions: DrEasy

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
Bentley Hockey Out of Atlantic Hockey Tournament

Schedule_Update_Graphic.png

Posted: Mar 11, 2021

WALTHAM, Mass. – The Bentley University men's ice hockey team will not continue in the 2021 Atlantic Hockey Tournament due to new on-campus restrictions put in place to protect students, faculty and staff after an uptick in positive COVID-19 cases on campus.
The Falcons were scheduled to play a best-of-3 quarterfinal series in Springfield against American International College this weekend (March 12-14).
Bentley had advanced to the quarterfinals with a 7-3 first-round victory over Air Force earlier this week
It’s a crappy way to end the season. Another “what if” situation.

Dan Patrick

Mar 11, 2020
A player I haven't followed much this year is our 3rd round pick Leevi Meriläinen. Seems like his stats are pretty good he's had a .929 SV% in 20 games for Kärpat's U20 team this year. Hopefully he gets some games with the big club starting next year.

Reactions: aragorn
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad