Prospect Info: 2020-2021 Senators Prospect Watch - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

I feel like after the slow starts he’s had exclusively multi-point games. Could be wrong.

the most excited our euro scouts have ever been

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
I'll start paying attention to Lodin when he can put up .5 pts /game in the SHL

It's still the long game with him for sure. If he can move to SHL and be productive he may end up getting a shot here but where he sits in comparison to others on his team is telling.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
It's still the long game with him for sure. If he can move to SHL and be productive he may end up getting a shot here but where he sits in comparison to others on his team is telling.
I say get him the AHL. Under Covid no player would come over for that but next year or year after. Get him on the small ice

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
An update on Jakov Novak and Angus Crookshank,

Both will take part in the NCAA playoffs in their respective conferences. Round 1 is a single game elimination.

In the Atlantic Hockey conference Novak and Bentley will take on Air Force on March 9th. The winner will then move onto the quarterfinals on 12-14.

In the Hockey East conference Crookshank and UNH will take part in a single game elimination with the tournament scheduled to being on March 10th. Their official opponent has not been determined at this point.

There is a possibility that both turn pro after their seasons end so we might start hearing discussion about that depending on how their teams perform in these playoffs. Both of their teams have performed poorly this season so there is a real possibility that they eliminated quickly.

Reactions: aragorn and Emerica

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Guenette had zero points in this afternoons game for Val Dòr

Dauost`s Moncton will restart their season on March 11th in a 3 team bubble and will play the other 2 teams 4 times each in the month of March.
The following schedule is subject to change depending on Nova Scotia and PEI’s evolving situation as some games can be postponed and/or added to the schedule should they obtain Public Health approval.
#Visiting teamHome teamDateTime
141Saint JohnAcadie-Bathurst2021-03-0919:00
204Acadie-BathurstMoncton2021-03-1119:00
180Saint JohnMoncton2021-03-1319:00
155Acadie-BathurstSaint John2021-03-1415:00
248MonctonSaint John2021-03-1719:00
309Saint JohnAcadie-Bathurst2021-03-1919:00
307Acadie-BathurstMoncton2021-03-2019:00
327MonctonSaint John2021-03-2115:00
188MonctonAcadie-Bathurst2021-03-2419:00
235Saint JohnMoncton2021-03-2619:00
254Acadie-BathurstSaint John2021-03-2719:00
225MonctonAcadie-Bathurst2021-03-2815:00
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Reactions: ChurchOfAlfie

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
What position do people think Shane Pinto will play when he gets to Ottawa next month? While he plays centre now with the UND will he play centre here right off the bat or will they start him at RW? He already has NHL size so I doubt there would be a concern about him getting physically overwhelmed, but rather how quickly he can get up to the speed of the game in the NHL & how quickly decisions need to be made. It might make more sense to start him on the wing although both centre & RW are a weakness on this team & he should be able to fill one of those spots. I'd like to see him with Stutzle to see if we could create another good young line.

Tkachuk - Norris - Batherson
Stutzle - White - Pinto
Dadonov - Tierny - C. Brown
Formenton - Paul - Watson

Dan Patrick

Mar 11, 2020
What position do people think Shane Pinto will play when he gets to Ottawa next month? While he plays centre now with the UND will he play centre here right off the bat or will they start him at RW? He already has NHL size so I doubt there would be a concern about him getting physically overwhelmed, but rather how quickly he can get up to the speed of the game in the NHL & how quickly decisions need to be made. It might make more sense to start him on the wing although both centre & RW are a weakness on this team & he should be able to fill one of those spots. I'd like to see him with Stutzle to see if we could create another good young line.

Stutzle - White - Pinto

I think you have it right. A lot will depend on who is shipped out at the trade deadline but he will almost certainly start at RW with the possibility of getting some offensive zone draws in games where we are winning. Stützle not playing any time at centre makes me think they are taking a slow approach towards players turning pro playing that position. Norris had a year playing in the AHL before getting time at centre and I imagine the organization is inclined to treat most other young players the same way.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011

Stutzle - White - Pinto

Is he definitely turning pro? I didn't know that. If so a few points I'd add:

1) I know you love it, but NHL size means Jack shit. And Jack left town. It's NHL strength that matters. Pinto can be 6'2 and still lack the strength to play in the NHL. No shame in that for a 20 year old. If it isn't there it'll come with hard work.
2) The speed of the game is definitely what he'll need to work on and I think that'll be harder to do from the C position. Who knows if the coaching staff will agree with that. Even still I'd be OK with starting him at C right way and move him to the wing if need be.
3) I'd shelter him a little bit to start, no matter what position he plays. So bottom 6 and easier minutes.

How I'd play it if he joins the team.

Tkachuk - Norris - Dadonov
Stützle - White - Batherson
Paul - Pinto/L.Brown - C. Brown
Dzingel - Tierney/L.Brown - Watson

I think you let Paul do some of the faceoff duties on Pinto's line and him and Connor Brown would be good mentors and insulators on the 3rd line.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Is he definitely turning pro? I didn't know that. If so a few points I'd add:

1) I know you love it, but NHL size means Jack shit. And Jack left town. It's NHL strength that matters. Pinto can be 6'2 and still lack the strength to play in the NHL. No shame in that for a 20 year old. If it isn't there it'll come with hard work.
2) The speed of the game is definitely what he'll need to work on and I think that'll be harder to do from the C position. Who knows if the coaching staff will agree with that. Even still I'd be OK with starting him at C right way and move him to the wing if need be.
3) I'd shelter him a little bit to start, no matter what position he plays. So bottom 6 and easier minutes.

How I'd play it if he joins the team.

Tkachuk - Norris - Dadonov
Stützle - White - Batherson
Paul - Pinto/L.Brown - C. Brown
Dzingel - Tierney/L.Brown - Watson

I think you let Paul do some of the faceoff duties on Pinto's line and him and Connor Brown would be good mentors and insulators on the 3rd line.

Until Pinto signs a contract nobody knows for sure but all indications are that he & JBD will. Did you see Pinto at the WJC or any UND games, he does not lack strength & size does matter whether you care to believe it or not. Nick Paul has turned into a terrific defensive forward especially on the PK because of his long reach, size & strength & wins a lot of board battles because of it while Brannstrom is overwhelmed due to a lack of size. I agree that the speed of the game & Pinto's skating could be an issue, but not one he can't overcome, it's not like he is slow. I would also start him at RW since I think the Sens are weak there because Dadonov has been so underwhelming, Daddy is not top line worthy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->