Prospect Info: 2020-2021 Senators Prospect Watch - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Until Pinto signs a contract nobody knows for sure but all indications are that he & JBD will. Did you see Pinto at the WJC or any UND games, he does not lack strength & size does matter whether you care to believe it or not. Nick Paul has turned into a terrific defensive forward especially on the PK because of his long reach, size & strength & wins a lot of board battles because of it while Brannstrom is overwhelmed due to a lack of size. I agree that the speed of the game & Pinto's skating could be an issue, but not one he can't overcome, it's not like he is slow. I would also start him at RW since I think the Sens are weak there because Dadonov has been so underwhelming, Daddy is not top line worthy.

Size can help you be strong but it doesn't mean you are. See Wiercioch for reference. Pinto looks strong against kids but we don't know that he'll be able to handle NHL players right away.

Dadoniv hasn't been great but he can play on the first line and it let's the team spread out some players who are producing and might get Dadonov going.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
First round of the playoffs for Bentley tonight. It is a single game elimination. Worth keeping an eye on as Jakov Novak might turn pro if his team gets eliminated.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Novak and Bentley will move onto the next round in a best of 3 series vs AIC. AIC is the top ranked team in the conference.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dan Patrick

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Angus Crookshank and UNH take on Maine tomorrow in the first round of the playoffs. It is also a single game elimination.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dan Patrick

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Yeah, are Novak and Crookshank just AHL fodder? Hard to tell until they turn pro.
Crookshank has bottom 6 potential but could just as likely be a career AHLer. To me Novak is AHL material but I’ve only ever seen clips of him.

EDIT. I guess I have technically seen Novak at dev camp but I can’t say I remember him like I do Crookshank

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Absolute beast. I dont see the hands for top 6 C, or he can play there a la Mike Fisher with great wingers, but if his offense translate into the pros then watch the ***** out.

It's important to note he is a late bloomer like Batherson.

Props to JBD for winning defender of the year, those who watched UND saw how he was UND's most reliable defender for first ten games until Sanderson pulled up and even then JBD finished strong.

We have the best forward, and best defender on this team who were playing in hardest division in NCAA and they BOTH turning pro soon. Love it.

If you guys thought this season was exciting so far with all the new prospects just wait until these two make appearances as well.

Reactions: KnuckChuckinTkachuk

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Victor Lodin with a goal in a 3-2 loss.
Jarvente with zero points and 11:33 playing time in a 2-1 win

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009

wow man. look at that domination.
Pinto will be a big time player for us. Norris like but better. (prediction)
Looking like a good pick for sure. Be proud sen scouts.
One penalty all year. Love it.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I think Pinto could be one of the top two centremen moving forward for this team given that Norris would be the other one. He seems like a complete 200' player winning both the Forward of the Year & Defensive Forward of the year awards & could be the perfect centre for Stutzle & Batherson. IMO they could still use more depth at RW, Dadonov & maybe C. Brown probably won't be around in 3 yrs. Not a bad top six with a little bit of everything including some grit which I think Pinto also has in his game.

Stutzle - Pinto - Batherson
Tkachuk - Norris - Guenther

Dan Patrick

Mar 11, 2020
I think Pinto could be one of the top two centremen moving forward for this team given that Norris would be the other one. He seems like a complete 200' player winning both the Forward of the Year & Defensive Forward of the year awards & could be the perfect centre for Stutzle & Batherson. IMO they could still use more depth at RW, Dadonov & maybe C. Brown probably won't be around in 3 yrs. Not a bad top six with a little bit of everything including some grit which I think Pinto also has in his game.

Stutzle - Pinto - Batherson
Tkachuk - Norris - Guenther

Stü - Eklund - Batherson or Eklund - Stü - Batherson
Tkachuk - Norris - Pinto

Also work for me.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Yeah, are Novak and Crookshank just AHL fodder? Hard to tell until they turn pro.
They both performed well here and we had a ton of notable prospects at this development camp. I think that is a good sign about their pro potential. They could sign their ELC's after their seasons end and then we will see how they perform in the AHL. I still think they have NHL upside.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Defensive forward of the year! This is why Pinto will move ahead of Norris in the depth chart.

Wait until he joins this discombobulated team as well...

I mean look at Nick Paul and Connor Brown tonight who are excellent defensive forwards... they couldn't do anything. This team often looks like headless chicken. We are "polluting" our young players with no structure, no veteran to rely on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad