Speculation: 2019 Trade Deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Nyquist and Jensen should be as good as gone. I'd try to move Glendening too. (Paging Mike Babcock)

If someone offers you a first or a really good prospect for Howard you do it. I'd even do it for a 2nd as I think he'd sign back here even if traded.

Since Ericsson has been keeping the press box warm lately, I'd see if anyone wants to take him off our hands and if not maybe we can get something good for Daley although he's probably more likely to move next year as a rental.

Moving Helm is just wishful thinking unless we eat some money or I really underestimated the stupidity of GMs.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Nyquist and Jensen should be as good as gone. I'd try to move Glendening too. (Paging Mike Babcock)

If someone offers you a first or a really good prospect for Howard you do it. I'd even do it for a 2nd as I think he'd sign back here even if traded.

Since Ericsson has been keeping the press box warm lately, I'd see if anyone wants to take him off our hands and if not maybe we can get something good for Daley although he's probably more likely to move next year as a rental.

Moving Helm is just wishful thinking unless we eat some money or I really underestimated the stupidity of GMs.

Helm is fine, and is not a cap dump!

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Hagelin just got dealt. Have to believe the big names will probably go on Monday, but teams seem pretty cautious right now in what they acquire.

SCD

Apr 8, 2018
Columbus is still a possibility for Howard depending on what happens with Bob.

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin

Unless we can get sumthin really good for Jensen - I'd just assume keep him...He's been surprisingly good for us.

As for Gus...Meh.

ridilon

Sep 14, 2017

Moving Ericsson is wishful thinking incarnate. Who wants a 4.25 million dollar stick in the mud turn over machine? We'd have to retain all his salary and throw in a 3rd just to get teams interested. And I would really, really consider it. And that's getting zero in return.

DInTheB

Jul 27, 2006
Max Bultman was on the Winged Wheel Podcast and he dropped a little nugget that when we had two scouts at the Vegas/Avs game, it wasn’t actually scouts but it was two people in Ken’s circle. Obviously that adds a layer of intrigue.

My thought is that Malcolm Subban played for Vegas that night. Considering our needs in net moving forward, maybe we are looking at him as a lower cost feeler?

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Max Bultman was on the Winged Wheel Podcast and he dropped a little nugget that when we had two scouts at the Vegas/Avs game, it wasn’t actually scouts but it was two people in Ken’s circle. Obviously that adds a layer of intrigue.

My thought is that Malcolm Subban played for Vegas that night. Considering our needs in net moving forward, maybe we are looking at him as a lower cost feeler?

Nope.

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
Crazy idea. Ho-Sang + 2nd for Nyquist?
Not really crazy at all...I recall hearing on NHL Sirius radio how Ho-Sang really needs a new opportunity elsewhere since he's sorta done for the Isles, and apparently it's been rumored that he's open for getting moved.

Could the NYI use Gus? Possibly.

Reactions: saska sault

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Jul 6, 2012
Crazy idea. Ho-Sang + 2nd for Nyquist?

Very crazy.

I'd be willing to bet the Wings don't want any part of Josh Ho-Sang. They had their own erstwhile winger who struggled with in game consistency and apparent attitude issues. They've got him mostly toeing the line now, but I don't think they want to bring in another project for Blash to "fix"

This just seems like one of the trades that would work better in NHL 19 where you can control what Ho-Sang does and then you're just left with his higher than average skill level.

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI
Very crazy.

I'd be willing to bet the Wings don't want any part of Josh Ho-Sang. They had their own erstwhile winger who struggled with in game consistency and apparent attitude issues. They've got him mostly toeing the line now, but I don't think they want to bring in another project for Blash to "fix"

This just seems like one of the trades that would work better in NHL 19 where you can control what Ho-Sang does and then you're just left with his higher than average skill level.

What they have done to turn AA around is one of the reasons I might take the chance on Ho-Sang. Anywho, it was just an out of the box thought instead of the same old same old.

Reactions: FMichael and LazyT

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Jul 6, 2012
What they have done to turn AA around is one of the reasons I might take the chance on Ho-Sang. Anywho, it was just an out of the box thought instead of the same old same old.

Oh, I understand it. I'm just not super high on Ho-Sang. I don't think he'll end up being worth the headache of the transition.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010

I doubt its Subban. I would bet mostly that theyve alked to Vegas about someone as a rental or hockey trade becaue Vegas still has a lot of assets. I did read that the Avs were shopping Tyson Barrie around though. Hes only 27 and a legit top pairing puck mover. I could see the wings having interest in him.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van

Lol. "turn AA around". Every skill player that doesn't put up numbers right away gets labeled with an "attitude issue". 22 goals, nearly 40 pts in 55 games and poof, no perceived "attitude". Give me Ho-Sang and his attitude.

ridilon

Sep 14, 2017

We'll see how 'turned around' AA is at the end of 19/20 when his second arbitration takes place.

Reactions: Fire Ken Holland
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad