Speculation: 2019 Trade Deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ishad

Jun 2, 2010
Looks like Duchene might be on his way to Columbus
Confirmed. Feels like this ups the potential of nyquist getting traded. Effectively takes Panarin off the board and the Jets and Preds still looking for help.

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
The Duchene trade should get things moving on the forward trade front, especially if the Jackets are now keeping Panarin.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Why not for cheap? He is better than Bernier and a lot younger...

Because I think it is a waste of assets to improve our backup goalie? I don't think that Malcolm Subban is anything more than a decent backup, so why would I spend any draft capital or player capital acquiring him when we will not be contending for anything?

Lol. "turn AA around". Every skill player that doesn't put up numbers right away gets labeled with an "attitude issue". 22 goals, nearly 40 pts in 55 games and poof, no perceived "attitude". Give me Ho-Sang and his attitude.

AA isn't getting benched for effort this year. Even when he was scoring ~18 goals a year, he was getting benched like every 5th or 6th game.

And AA fell to the 4th round because of run ins with coaches and perceived compete and hockey IQ questions.

Why do people act like there weren't actual concerns about AA? He's a fabulously talented player. He also doesn't get the max out of that talent. He seems to be playing more consistently aggressive this year.

Reactions: Winger98

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
Because I think it is a waste of assets to improve our backup goalie? I don't think that Malcolm Subban is anything more than a decent backup, so why would I spend any draft capital or player capital acquiring him when we will not be contending for anything?

AA isn't getting benched for effort this year. Even when he was scoring ~18 goals a year, he was getting benched like every 5th or 6th game.

And AA fell to the 4th round because of run ins with coaches and perceived compete and hockey IQ questions.

Why do people act like there weren't actual concerns about AA? He's a fabulously talented player. He also doesn't get the max out of that talent. He seems to be playing more consistently aggressive this year.

I actually disagree with this. I think he's pretty much the same player he was before. I still see plenty of moments where it looks like he's being "lazy" or whatever just like before. I think he's putting up more points than before so everyone automatically looks to that "he's definitely working harder now" narrative. If he was giving the same exact effort but had 15 less points people would still be saying he's lazy IMO.

Ishad

Jun 2, 2010
Not that he’s been playing well recently, but Howard is the only goalie on the market now.

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017
That's actually a decent return for a rental that was likely walking. Hopefully Nyquist at least fetches us a 1st.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
I actually disagree with this. I think he's pretty much the same player he was before. I still see plenty of moments where it looks like he's being "lazy" or whatever just like before. I think he's putting up more points than before so everyone automatically looks to that "he's definitely working harder now" narrative. If he was giving the same exact effort but had 15 less points people would still be saying he's lazy IMO.

To be fair, due to not having cable nor the inclination to dig up streams... I only see about every 5th or 6th game. And the times I have watched, AA is dangerous as hell. And... I know this isn't a high bar to clear, but they're not openly criticizing his effort on the radio anymore. Like last season, 97.1's guys would actually point out... AA has been a dog. Now, they don't talk about him at all.

But bigger, he isn't getting the "sit on the bench for the entire third period of a game" treatment anymore.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Columbus has a pretty good team now.. at least on paper.

If Werenski and Bob pick it up, I wouldn’t want to play them in a playoff series.

YpsiWings

Feb 5, 2016
Why do people act like there weren't actual concerns about AA? He's a fabulously talented player.

Because AA is a fabulously talented player he has a mob of fans who keep their torches lit and pitchforks sharp just in case someone should offer some criticism.

Reactions: ShelbyZ

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
To be fair, due to not having cable nor the inclination to dig up streams... I only see about every 5th or 6th game. And the times I have watched, AA is dangerous as hell. And... I know this isn't a high bar to clear, but they're not openly criticizing his effort on the radio anymore. Like last season, 97.1's guys would actually point out... AA has been a dog. Now, they don't talk about him at all.

But bigger, he isn't getting the "sit on the bench for the entire third period of a game" treatment anymore.

Fair enough, and I wasn't trying to call you out or anything, we are certainly all entitled to our opinions. My overall point was that counting statistics in sports cloud our judgement, mine included.

Reactions: Frk It

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
So with Duchene and probably Panarin off the trade market, it leaves

Stone

Nyquist/ Zuccarello/ Hayes

Simmonds/ Ferland/ Dzingel

as the "big" F rental options

I've tiered it in 3 chunks, I think Stone pulls in 1st+, and then Nyquist/ Zuccarello/ Hayes coming around ~1st or 2nd+ and the third group of Simmonds/ Ferland/ Dzingel being more creative offers or not really registering for me as guys who will garner a 1st type of return

I think for NYR and Detroit to maximize their returns they should package their guys, I'd imagine a team like Dallas or Winnipeg would really love Hayes and Zuccarello and would give their 1st++

Same with Wings and some combo of Nyquist, Howard, or Jensen going together to bring in a surefire 1st with some additions put on

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Yeah DUchene to COlumbus is good for Detroit. Essentially takes Panarin off the table, Stone is really the only guy that I would expect to be a bigger fish. Some teams might want the toughness of a guy like Simmonds orr Ferland more but overall theres Stone and a mix of 3 or so guys that will be looked at next and Nyquist is one of them. I could see the Jets and Preds being interested, the Flames potentially, the Isles, Caps as well. This trade helps that market a lot.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
My first impression was Columbus got Duchene so they have a player and can now trade Panarin before TDL. I thought they might have a plan in place to sign Duschene and Parnarin is as good as gone. Same with Bob. Maybe they want Howard to replace him and Howard is conveniently sick tonight.

GBFP

Sep 24, 2009
And CBJ was a seller right? So all the buyers are still looking to buy with two less forwards on the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad