Speculation: 2019 Trade Deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Because I think it is a waste of assets to improve our backup goalie? I don't think that Malcolm Subban is anything more than a decent backup, so why would I spend any draft capital or player capital acquiring him when we will not be contending for anything?

AA isn't getting benched for effort this year. Even when he was scoring ~18 goals a year, he was getting benched like every 5th or 6th game.

And AA fell to the 4th round because of run ins with coaches and perceived compete and hockey IQ questions.

Why do people act like there weren't actual concerns about AA? He's a fabulously talented player. He also doesn't get the max out of that talent. He seems to be playing more consistently aggressive this year.
I think Subban could be a starter and now is the time to get a goalie like him when he could be had for pennies on the dollar/ a player we don't want.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
My first impression was Columbus got Duchene so they have a player and can now trade Panarin before TDL. I thought they might have a plan in place to sign Duschene and Parnarin is as good as gone. Same with Bob. Maybe they want Howard to replace him and Howard is conveniently sick tonight.
I hope you are right. Btw Holland looked so fat when he received his seadoo. Does he eat LC pizza between periods?

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
I tend to think a first for Nyquist is almost under market value just because of the Columbus and Ottawa trade. In all likelihood that was a minus-2 in the top 5 forward market because Columbus was thought to be a seller, and ended up being a dark horse buyer.

Think about the teams linked to the forward market this year...Winnipeg, Nashville, Boston, Dallas, New York Islanders. I imagine that at the very lease two of them end up making a move, and Nyquist, in my eyes, is one of the two best options left. I could see multiple bidding wars taking place without a doubt.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
I tend to think a first for Nyquist is almost under market value just because of the Columbus and Ottawa trade. In all likelihood that was a minus-2 in the top 5 forward market because Columbus was thought to be a seller, and ended up being a dark horse buyer.

Think about the teams linked to the forward market this year...Winnipeg, Nashville, Boston, Dallas, New York Islanders. I imagine that at the very lease two of them end up making a move, and Nyquist, in my eyes, is one of the two best options left. I could see multiple bidding wars taking place without a doubt.
I agree with this. Kenny better get/stay on the phone til Monday @3pm. Hopefully he isnt waiting to see if we win this weekend first :help::(

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
I think Subban could be a starter and now is the time to get a goalie like him when he could be had for pennies on the dollar/ a player we don't want.

What leads you to believe that combination of things?

If he can reasonably be a starter, why would he be dealt for pennies or garbage?
If he could be picked up for garbage, what do you see in him that his .910 in backup time translates to even an above average starter?

I mean, at 25, Jimmy Howard played a good deal better on a roughly equivalent team. Subban isn't a super young goalie. I'd say by now, he's closer to "is what he is" than "has a bunch of untapped potential".

Reactions: ShelbyZ

Christien

May 1, 2010
Frk isn’t playing tonight for the Griffins. Not sure if it’s some type of injury or illness.

EDIT: I guess he gets to sit tonight because of the veteran rule

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad