Speculation: 2019 Trade Deadline IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
I still don’t understand why EK would want to leave SJ to come to Philly, money maybe but that’s what I fear is a ridiculous contract to get him here that hamstrings the future, and then stupid moves afterwards to justify signing him, my hope this offseason is they address the needs and hold off on trying to land EK, I’ll go as far as saying he doesn’t want to come to Philly unless it’s a gross overpayment, which at that point EK better lead them to at least one cup

Well according to Cap Friendly, they have roughly 21MM available with only 14 guys signed. Some notable guys that will be UFA. Pavelski & Thornton. Meier is an RFA that's looking like he's going to get a hefty raise.

May not just be financially feasible.

Reactions: Domino666

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
I’m a huge Karlsson fan. Almost everyone is. His ankle scares the hell out of me on a long term deal. Maybe I’m gunshy from Forsberg. Pronger. Primeau. Lindros.
Sure, but sometimes that's the risk you have to take.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Sure, but sometimes that's the risk you have to take.
I don’t think I’d do it with him. Great player, but I envision him having a steep decline that keeps me away from a huge 7 year contract. Certainly could be wrong.

Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa
If we do sign EK and trade Ghost we need to reup Provy first.

In any case you have to at least try and sign EK. Panarin and Stone are great but it’s not like they are the best forwards in the league.

That's the second thing. The first is to prevent apocalyptic level violence when @Striiker finds out :laugh:

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
If we can get a 1st or even a 2nd for Simmonds and we don't do it that's so insanely dumb.

I agree that we should, it's just not that big of a deal to me. They may opt to keep him as their rental since they are trying to make the playoffs, like Toronto did with JVR, and others do every season.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I hope they sign Karlsson and trade Ghost just to see how quickly the anti-Ghoster's become anti-Karlssoner's
If Ghost had 44 points in 49 games this season instead of 27 points in 56 games & wasn’t last on his team in +/- some would be less critical.

duffy9748

Nov 26, 2007
I wouldn't be in a rush to move Ghost, but I'd imagine if he is moved it will be a 1 for 1 type deal. With the message that the organization wants to send, he'll only be moved for a high profile player.

Giroux-Couturier-Voracek
JVR-Patrick-Konecny
X-Frost-X
X-X-X

Provorov-X
Sanheim-X
X-X

Hart

I could see pretty much anyone else in the organization being moved this summer for upgrades to the NHL roster.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Hart, Couts, Patrick, Frost, Farabee, Provorov, Sanheim and Myers will not be moved, or we should lynch Fletcher. Giroux can't be moved, even if Fletcher wanted to (NTC).
You never get back equivalent value for a high upside young player or prospect.

And just as important, these are players with the intangibles that give you confidence they'll approach their potential, no Gagner's here.

The rest, make me an offer I can't refuse.
Which isn't the same as dump so and so, but simply means I'm listening.

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
I would target the hell out of Karlsson. He’s the best defenseman of our generation. I would throw 12 million at him for sure. Top Doughtys deal

I think he's the best one I've seen besides Lidstrom. He was the best player on the ice in Ottawa every night. He single handedly kept them in, and won some of those playoff series. The one series that sticks out to me, is the 2012 Rangers vs Ottawa, Sens lost in 7 but EK was all over the damn place. Carrying the puck, desperation defending, scoring, legit everything.

Not sure if he's the same guy from 2012 after that ankle injury. I don't know how much I'd give him.

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
I would target the hell out of Karlsson. He’s the best defenseman of our generation. I would throw 12 million at him for sure. Top Doughtys deal
Although I think Karlsson is great IMO he’s not better than Doughty all around, and no thank you to 12mil/year for EK

Reactions: wasup

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
What is the ask you think for trouba? I just keep thinking he’d be a good target. Utilize assets from Simmonds and our prospect pool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille