Speculation: 2019 Trade Deadline IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
The Pronger injury screwed the team for years. Holmgren may have added to the D but it wouldn't have been full-fledged panic. It was Pronger being gone AND Meszaros going down that led to the never-ending run of Grossmann/Kubina/Liljas.

1. Pronger
2. Timonen
3. Coburn
4. Carle
5. Meszaros
6. Gustafson
7. Bourdon

is a fine group. Even after adding a Grossmann, it's fine.

You move everyone up one and all of a sudden Coburn is playing 27 minutes a game in the playoffs. That leads to OMG MUST GET LUKE SCHENN and OMG MUST DRAFT SAM MORIN and then OMG MUST HAVE VETERAN ANDY MACDONALD.

Yup. Traded Richards and Carter to side with pronger. Then prongers career ends. Kind of like Primeau. And lindros. We could be even more of a non original 6 leader with a little less bad luck.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I’m not even talking in regards to the Flyers, just in general & if more specific for LA’s situation. But Carter is still a top six caliber player, Lucic is not.

Carter is not a dead cap hit. You're pretty bad at this. :laugh:

Yeah I don’t see how that is comparable. I never even implied in my post we should acquire Carter.

I was saying/implying that the contract likely won’t be a problem for LA at this point. They already got their value out of it especially since they weren’t the team trading Voracek & the 8th overall pick for him.

Oh sorry I figured that since the discussion was about cap hits and you said Carter's is not a problem and "pretty manageable" that you were talking about his cap hit being manageable. Why would you bring him up and call his cap hit manageable during a discussion about bad contracts if not to discuss his cap hit as being manageable in comparison to other cap hits? Weird post if what you didn't mean to do that.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
I know people are going to hate it but I have a very strange feeling we trade ghost this offseason. I think he will go to Florida for Huberdeau in a 1 for 1.

Then the flyers will try for Karlsson hard.

Just a gut feeling.

It makes sense Florida is involved with these rumors. They cap out about 75-76 million. Which doesn’t leave them very much with their ambitions of signing BOB and Panarin.

Reactions: TheKingPin

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I know people are going to hate it but I have a very strange feeling we trade ghost this offseason. I think he will go to Florida for Huberdeau in a 1 for 1.

Just a gut feeling.

It makes sense Florida is involved with these rumors. They cap out about 75-76 million. Which doesn’t leave them very much with their ambitions of signing BOB and Panarin.
Steal.

SanBlom

Jan 29, 2008
St Peters
Anyone know if Nyquist plays Left or Right? I haven't watched a lot of Red Wings this year and listened to the last two games against them. I'm debating with myself if he'd be a nice pickup if Simmer is shipped out??

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
I'm not looking forward to him being re-signed, but I'm not one of those who call him "addition by subtraction" either. There's always the slim chance of him bouncing back under a new coach.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
They employ Hanrahan as a “capologist.” Not a feather in his “cap,” either.

Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa
While I don't think it's smart, I won't shed a tear. I love the guy, if there was anybody I'd be ok with playing out his contract and watching him ride off into the sunset, it would be him.

I love him too, he's been awesome for us. I'm more concerned there's a looming contract extension coming if we keep him.

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011

Just a gut feeling.

I still don’t understand why EK would want to leave SJ to come to Philly, money maybe but that’s what I fear is a ridiculous contract to get him here that hamstrings the future, and then stupid moves afterwards to justify signing him, my hope this offseason is they address the needs and hold off on trying to land EK, I’ll go as far as saying he doesn’t want to come to Philly unless it’s a gross overpayment, which at that point EK better lead them to at least one cup

Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa
As much as I love EK, it's a long shot we get him. I'm all for trying if he makes UFA status though.

Trading Ghost and then hoping we get him would be ass-backwards and a huge gamble.

Reactions: Johnk0728

Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa
I still don’t understand why EK would want to leave SJ to come to Philly, money maybe but that’s what I fear is a ridiculous contract to get him here that hamstrings the future, and then stupid moves afterwards to justify signing him, my hope this offseason is they address the needs and hold off on trying to land EK, I’ll go as far as saying he doesn’t want to come to Philly unless it’s a gross overpayment, which at that point EK better lead them to at least one cup

The weather? :sarcasm:

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
If we do sign EK and trade Ghost we need to reup Provy first.

In any case you have to at least try and sign EK. Panarin and Stone are great but it’s not like they are the best forwards in the league.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
I can see us trading Ghost after we sign Karlsson, definitely not before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad