Speculation: 2019 Trade Deadline IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
I would be willing to do Hagg+1st rounder for him. You need that extension though.

I know you're leveraging this on Trouba wanting out of Winnipeg, Prongo, but that's a rather insulting offer. The Jets are pushing to be a legitimate Cup contender so trading Trouba for a 1st as the best piece coming back doesn't meet their needs. Adding Hagg won't push the needle, unless it's the other way. I'm fairly certain the Jets would want someone they can plug into their roster next season or a top prospect with a good chance of cracking the line-up.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
I think it would be foolish and nearsighted to trade Ghost following one mediocre season

Even if they are going to do it, which I strongly disagree with - to do it when his value is at an all time low is just asinine.

If the argument is that they need spots on D to play some kids? They willingly trot out the unmentionables every night.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Since Gordon took over, Ghost is 1st in points, 1st in ES points, 1st in PP points, 1st in +/-, 3rd in TOI, 4th in ES TOI for Flyers Dmen

25 games, 14 points, 9 ES point, +3

Under Hak this year, Ghost was 1st in points, 5th in ES points, 1st in PP points, 7th in +/-, 2nd in TOI, 2nd in ES TOI

31 games, 13 points, 6 ES points, -18

Angry Hockey Dad

Eat up Johnny
May 30, 2013
Canada
Even if they are going to do it, which I strongly disagree with - to do it when his value is at an all time low is just asinine.

If the argument is that they need spots on D to play some kids? They willingly trot out the unmentionables every night.

Exactly. If that's the excuse for trading a d-man move Hagg or Gudas to make a spot available for Myers/healthy Morin. I'm Assuming MacDonald is untradeable at this point.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013

And to think some people actually think we should trade him for a winger.

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right
Since Gordon took over, Ghost is 1st in points, 1st in ES points, 1st in PP points, 1st in +/-, 3rd in TOI, 4th in ES TOI for Flyers Dmen

25 games, 14 points, 9 ES point, +3

Under Hak this year, Ghost was 1st in points, 5th in ES points, 1st in PP points, 7th in +/-, 2nd in TOI, 2nd in ES TOI

31 games, 13 points, 6 ES points, -18
People need to see this.

Reactions: Morinisbear

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Eh, I think you are over stating Pronger’s slowdown a little bit, if not by a lot. He was still a legit top pair D-man who was still able to control the flow of the game. Seeing how Chara has aged out, no reason to think Pronger wouldn’t have done the same if not for the injury.

Also, Pronger and Timonen was a large reason, in addition to some luck, that we made the finals with. Leighton. Michael Leighton! If Prongs was healthy, Bryz would have been little better than he was.

Considering that we are talking about only 3 “ meatshields” in Grossmann, Mac and L. Schenn, yeah... Prongs alleviating “couple” of meatshields is a huge difference.

Pronger only takes the place of 1 meatshield, and Pronger's knees were also shot. Dude was slower than Chara and got by because he read play so well.

SanBlom

Jan 29, 2008
St Peters
That's a close one. Doughty is a freak when it comes to TOI. The dude never gets tired. And he has the rings but I would take either one in a heartbeat.
I lean towards Doughty. He is the better all around player in my opinion.

Ghost beats both :)

Johnk0728

Dec 28, 2016
As we all know, the best ways to judge defensemen are TOI and team achievements.

LOL! You are right Drew Doughty sucks. Go ask NHL players what TOI means for a d-man. But Striiker knows all..... and a #1 d-man controlling the game by eating up ice time is not important. Chris Pronger sucked. Lidstrom sucked. TOI on ice means nothing for a d-man.... wow. There is nothing more wrong ever said on this board. its not like great d-man who control the game win Stanley Cups. Nope.... never happens...... :huh:

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
LOL! You are right Drew Doughty sucks. Go ask NHL players what TOI means for a d-man. But Striiker knows all..... and a #1 d-man controlling the game by eating up ice time is not important. Chris Pronger sucked. Lidstrom sucked. TOI on ice means nothing for a d-man.... wow. There is nothing more wrong ever said on this board. its not like great d-man who control the game win Stanley Cups. Nope.... never happens...... :huh:

You take any Doughty critique personal. Wow....never seen a fan so attached to a player before.

Reactions: FlyTimmo

daynus

Nov 25, 2002
Good Ole Saskatchewan
Visit site
I can think of a place where Simmer would happily go, Tampa, join the rest of flyers traded their.

When fletcher took over I remember him saying Goal and Center were our two positions we need to upgrade. Our face off winning % is leading the league. I would take a guy like JT Miller off Tampa’s hands for Simmer. He’s not outstanding I’m any area but he’s a solid, movable Center-winger.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
yeah...you are right. A dman averaging 30 minutes a night in two cup-winning playoff runs means nothing. Thank God you are here.

Show me where I said it means nothing. I'll wait indefinitely.

The fact is you placed too much emphasis on a team achievement rather than individual metric, and so now you're arguing against things you pretend I said instead of what I actually said. You weren't talking about ice time specific to him, but to an achievement that relies on far more than just his own play. His 30 minutes a night doesn't mean a thing for Cup wins without Quick or Kopitar, for instance. See why Cup wins suck as a metric?

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
He's played well recently.
He’s at least produced lately. But he’s played 11:24 & 12:18 in two of his last three games, & was an utter disaster against Minnesota despite his two points 3 games ago.

Not really what you want from a $4.5M defenseman.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
He’s at least produced lately. But he’s played 11:24 & 12:18 in two of his last three games, & was an utter disaster against Minnesota despite his two points 3 games ago.

Not really what you want from a $4.5M defenseman.

He was an utter disaster for one period, not the whole game babe.

And he is well worth 4.5M even playing like he has this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->