Speculation: 2019 Trade Deadline IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Doughty's never been as good as Karlsson, and his metrics are slipping pretty badly this year. He's below average on Corsi REL and xGF. He has more giveaways in 59 games than he had all of last year, and his scoring (along with the rest of the Kings) is way down (0 goals at EV).

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
He’s at least produced lately. But he’s played 11:24 & 12:18 in two of his last three games, & was an utter disaster against Minnesota despite his two points 3 games ago.

Not really what you want from a $4.5M defenseman.

Ghost is a bargain at his level of play this season. Players like Anton Stralman and Zaitsev are making $4.5M, and they play for the smart teams.

Reactions: Tripod

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right
He’s at least produced lately. But he’s played 11:24 & 12:18 in two of his last three games, & was an utter disaster against Minnesota despite his two points 3 games ago.

Not sure if serious. You realize amac makes more. And does less. Ghost hasn’t been his best this year it has still played better then three dman who suited up. And in many games at least like a number three. Especially since hak left.

Heck to start the season he looked great and provy like crap. And ghost was the one with the short leash. Trading ghost while keeping hagg and/or amac would be stupid. And I can not see how anyone could think this is a good idea.

He is cheaper than a Mac. And better. Yet all you do is complain about him. Go be a fan of the pens. Since you are clearly just a front runner

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Ghost is a bargain at his level of play this season. Players like Anton Stralman and Zaitsev are making $4.5M, and they play for the smart teams.
Hell of a bargain playing 11 & 12 minutes in two of his last 3 games, being last on his team in +/-, 37th among defensemen in points, 33rd in PP pts/60.

Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa
That's a close one. Doughty is a freak when it comes to TOI. The dude never gets tired. And he has the rings but I would take either one in a heartbeat.

Both are top D Men for sure. I definitely prefer EK but I'm not going to try to convince you. I could be biased watching him here in Ottawa all those years.

Plus his hair is legendary.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

He deserved to play more. Holding a coaching error against him is absurd. Then again, you're willing to hold everything possible against him while only very grudgingly admitted any positives.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Not sure if serious. You realize amac makes more. And does less. Ghost hasn’t been his best this year it has still played better then three dman who suited up. And in many games at least like a number three. Especially since hak left.

Heck to start the season he looked great and provy like crap. And ghost was the one with the short leash. Trading ghost while keeping hagg and/or amac would be stupid. And I can not see how anyone could think this is a good idea.

He is cheaper than a Mac. And better. Yet all you do is complain about him. Go be a fan of the pens. Since you are clearly just a front runner
Yup. AMac is vastly overpaid. Doesn’t mean Ghost has played well.

You say trading Ghost would be per se stupid. You aren’t even allowing a consideration of the return.

And I’m a “front runner” & should become a Pens fan because I’m willing to criticize Ghost when I think he’s playing poorly?

You apparently have no problem criticizing some Flyers players. Why is Ghost off limits? Seems like you’re the one playing favorites.

Foggy14

Sep 13, 2017
He’s been bad regardless of his defense partner.

Ghost ain’t exactly holding up his end of the bargain, either.

iu

Bad coach - Ghost seems to struggle.

Interim coach - Ghost "magically" improves.

Permanent coach (who knows how to use skilled players and actually change-up the look of the freaking power play when opposing teams over-weight their coverage of Ghost and G) - Ghost improves a lot and his cap hit looks like a bargain again.

SanBlom

Jan 29, 2008
St Peters
Both are top D Men for sure. I definitely prefer EK but I'm not going to try to convince you. I could be biased watching him here in Ottawa all those years.

Plus his hair is legendary.
Funny, because his hair is what lowered his value for me. Not thick enough!

Seriously though, if Ghost had EK's hair...do you think he would get more love around here? Or a stache? Mullet? Something really cool.

Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa
Factoring in his age, contract and skill set, it would take a similar D man of those unique factors to make sense.

Trading him for a C or wing is worse when factoring in our prospects and the UFA list this summer.

Reactions: raydavies29
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad