Speculation: 2019 Trade Deadline IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
I want to make it very clear that I am one of the people who thinks the Flyers should absolutely keep Ghost. That being said, I really feel like for whatever reason Fletcher wants to trade him. Whether he doesn't like him all that much, or he just feels like he's a great asset to use in a trade it just seems like he won't be a part of the long term plans. Whether it be at the deadline or over the offseason (I hope I am wrong) I think he will be traded.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Patrick is a good player. Don’t trade him for Huberdeau.

Not a swap i'd even remotely consider.

Strength down the middle is a key to winning a Cup.

Even if, conservatively, Patrick is a 60 point two-way Center for us, that is going to be huge. You don't trade a 20 year old Center with Patricks potential for a non-elite winger.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
As for Simmonds, what are some package from the teams generally considered to be potential landing spots that everyone would be happy with?

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I just don't get why people keep wanting to trade centers or defenseman for a winger. We could use another stud wing for sure. That said, good centers and defenseman are always harder to come by and the Flyers have a lot of really good wing prospects.
Boy we have been in agreement a lot in 2019!

Just look at the UFS'a available....tons of wingers that are above average...very few D and C worth going for. And as you said, our own prospect depth is way more littered with wingers than C with high upside.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I just don't get why people keep wanting to trade centers or defenseman for a winger. We could use another stud wing for sure. That said, good centers and defenseman are always harder to come by and the Flyers have a lot of really good wing prospects.

Not a swap i'd even remotely consider.

Strength down the middle is a key to winning a Cup.

Even if, conservatively, Patrick is a 60 point two-way Center for us, that is going to be huge. You don't trade a 20 year old Center with Patricks potential for a non-elite winger.

Absolutely. If you get 75-60-40 from Couts Patrick Frost you are going to be very hard to beat. If we sign one of the big UFA wings we are pretty set for the next 10 years on D, goalie and forward.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
As for Simmonds, what are some package from the teams generally considered to be potential landing spots that everyone would be happy with?
NASHVILLE:
Fabbro
Tolvanen
First round pick and Allard

WINNIPEG:
Roslovic
First round pick and Lemieux

BOSTON:
First round pick and ONE of Donato, Frederic, or JFK

TORONTO:
Andreas Johnsson and a second round pick

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Boy we have been in agreement a lot in 2019!
My man!!

Just look at the UFS'a available....tons of wingers that are above average...very few D and C worth going for. And as you said, our own prospect depth is way more littered with wingers than C with high upside.
That's how it is pretty much every year. It's so much harder to find talent on D and at C then it is at wing.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I feel like Boston is going to be make a substantial offer for Simmonds, especially now that Pastrnak is out for a few weeks.

I'd be down with something like Donato + 1st. It's a lot for Boston to give up for a rental, but Simmonds is going to be in high demand and they are in win-now mode.

Reactions: TheKingPin

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
At this point, take a first and be happy. I think we could get a + but that would just be trying to extract the most value. Another year of 2 1st rounders is good with me.

Reactions: Rebels57

LEIFey

Context Matters!
Jun 28, 2007
Ann Arbor, MI
We would be lucky to get a return like that for Simmonds. That Nashville return is way too rich. Also is Winnipeg even interested?

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
Have you been taking bong rips lately dude? You've been so much more civil around here lately :laugh:. 2019, the year of The Madrigal.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Also, coach usage and GM opinion are two very different things.

Gordon being stupid means absolutely nothing when guessing if you think Fletcher would even consider moving Ghost.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I feel like Boston is going to be make a substantial offer for Simmonds, especially now that Pastrnak is out for a few weeks.

I'd be down with something like Donato + 1st. It's a lot for Boston to give up for a rental, but Simmonds is going to be in high demand and they are in win-now mode.
I was just thinking the market is improving. Pasta out. Ferland off the market. Boyle makes Simmonds at least a 1st.

I think Donato + 1st is a lot though. I’d be thrilled.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
At this point, take a first and be happy. I think we could get a + but that would just be trying to extract the most value. Another year of 2 1st rounders is good with me.

Yeah i'd be happy with just a 1st too, but I think a few teams will offer a 1st and someone is going to step in and outbid. Boston makes a lot of sense.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I was just thinking the market is improving. Pasta out. Ferland off the market. Boyle makes Simmonds at least a 1st.

I'm not even sure what to make of Donato. He looked awesome during his first call-up but nearly as good since and is back in the AHL this season. When attached to a 1st though he's an intriguing wild card.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
Every morning bro, breakfast of champions :D

giphy.gif

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation

I have said for two months now and will continue to say that I think Simmonds should be worth a first + OR an elite prospect/young third liner and possibly a second. What Fletcher is looking for will be a factor though. Does he want futures for Simmonds or assets that will help right away.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
We would be lucky to get a return like that for Simmonds. That Nashville return is way too rich. Also is Winnipeg even interested?

We don’t truly know who’s interested to be honest. There hasn’t been a whole lot of information out there on Simmonds other than he’s likely to get traded & there should be a good market for him.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
If I'm Fletcher I want a little bit more from any team in the east as opposed to the west for Simmonds. I think a first + Donato is a fair ask when considering the Flyers would be strengthening their chances of coming out of the east and possibly winning a cup. Also, I still like Donato but his value was higher at the end of the last season after struggling at the NHL level this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad