2019-2020 Laval Rocket & ECHL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
yes, it's well worth the money, major improvement over the last service.

And now I have an Amazon Firestick and they have an AHL TV app. So I'm very excited to see if I can actually have it on good quality on the tv.

Last year, I watched it on my laptop and tried to Chromecast it on TV. But with that, there was a loss of quality and it kept buffering. So I was only able to watch it on my laptop.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Nice! The two preseason games against Belleville are free.

You need to get the free tickets before the game if you want to go.

Season/half-season ticket holders can also get a 5@7 at the taverne after the game. The coaches will be there.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
And now I have an Amazon Firestick and they have an AHL TV app. So I'm very excited to see if I can actually have it on good quality on the tv.

Last year, I watched it on my laptop and tried to Chromecast it on TV. But with that, there was a loss of quality and it kept buffering. So I was only able to watch it on my laptop.

Do you have an HDMI cable? you should be able to hook up your labtop to your tv unless it's really old. I have my pc hooked up to my tv.

Reactions: Gains and Holystik

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Good quote by Bouchard:

“The NHL is a performance league, it’s not a development league,” he continued. “We’re not making decisions for the same reasons. For (Canadiens coach) Claude (Julien), everything is about now. Me, I’m (about) now but soon. Claude can’t do what we do. He doesn’t have the time. I put players in situations where they’re 100 per cent going to fail, faceoffs on their wrong side just so they can learn. Claude can’t do that. It’s not like I’m doing it all the time like I want to lose the game. But there’s times at the end of the game where I’ll say, maybe I should’ve done something else but at the end of the day, it’s about development.
“It’s like (23-year-old prospect) Jake Evans (who was a rookie in Laval last season). I put him on at 3-on-3 early in the season and (it didn’t go well) and I thought to myself that I shouldn’t have done that. But it paid off at the end of the season. Claude can’t do that. That’s development.”

Spending time in Laval wouldn't hurt Canadiens prospects Suzuki, Poehling - Sportsnet.ca

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Good quote by Bouchard:

“The NHL is a performance league, it’s not a development league,” he continued. “We’re not making decisions for the same reasons. For (Canadiens coach) Claude (Julien), everything is about now. Me, I’m (about) now but soon. Claude can’t do what we do. He doesn’t have the time. I put players in situations where they’re 100 per cent going to fail, faceoffs on their wrong side just so they can learn. Claude can’t do that. It’s not like I’m doing it all the time like I want to lose the game. But there’s times at the end of the game where I’ll say, maybe I should’ve done something else but at the end of the day, it’s about development.
“It’s like (23-year-old prospect) Jake Evans (who was a rookie in Laval last season). I put him on at 3-on-3 early in the season and (it didn’t go well) and I thought to myself that I shouldn’t have done that. But it paid off at the end of the season. Claude can’t do that. That’s development.”

Spending time in Laval wouldn't hurt Canadiens prospects Suzuki, Poehling - Sportsnet.ca

Love this guy! And you saw how rookies like Evans, Vejdemo, and Fleury improved as the year went on

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
To put things into perspective for those complaining about the lack of success of the team:

We were the youngest team by a year and a half to the second youngest. Can you imagine how much of a difference that is? We were puppies and we played with big boys, and we beat them and we were competing. Some games I came in after a loss and I could only clap the effort and the mindset that they had.”

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
the blueline could be shaping up now that Olofsson is injured, the wild card is Juulsen and how long he'll be out as perhaps they send him down if he misses all the preseason. Without him it could look like,

Alzner Brook
Ouellet Fleury
Leskinen Lamarche
Sklenicka

If they do end up getting Juulsen that just makes the blueline that much more impressive.

Can't wait for Oct 4th to get here.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
The list of players attending training camp includes three goaltenders, seven defencemen and 12 forwards. Forwards André Bouvet-Morrissette (Sorel-Tracy – LNAH) , Cody Milan (Michigan State University – NCAA) and Michael McNicholas (Maine – ECHL, Manglerud – Norway), as well as defencemen Gabriel Sylvestre (Moncton – QMJHL), Marc-Olivier Crevier-Morin (Wichita – ECHL) and Jonathan Racine (Brampton – ECHL, Belleville – AHL) have been invited to training camp on a professional tryout.

I'm surprised that Hawel and Struthers aren't there.

And Jonathan Racine is who the Habs traded to Tampa for Nikita Nesterov a few years ago. Last year, he was in the Sens organization, mostly playing ECHL, but getting a few games in Belleville.

Michael McNicholas was Maine Mariners' top scorer last season with 53 pts (13G, 40A) in 65 GP.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
You keep mentioning how you come here to post something and I already have. Enjoy this because you did it to me just now. ;)

And yes, this guy is so f'n good for the development of these kids.

I post something before you do just as many times as there's a February 29th.....:D

So yeah, if you don't mind...let me enjoy this....:razz:

Reactions: Adam Michaels

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
not a very interesting group of invites but I suspect until we get our own ECHL team that will be the case going forward due to the large number of prospects we have currently.

I saw Michigan state a few times but can't picture Milan and I'm sure i've seen UNH a few times but can't think of McNiholas, he had a big Junior year and his Senior year UNH were shit.

The list of players attending training camp includes three goaltenders, seven defencemen and 12 forwards. Forwards André Bouvet-Morrissette (Sorel-Tracy – LNAH) , Cody Milan (Michigan State University – NCAA) and Michael McNicholas (Maine – ECHL, Manglerud – Norway), as well as defencemen Gabriel Sylvestre (Moncton – QMJHL), Marc-Olivier Crevier-Morin (Wichita – ECHL) and Jonathan Racine (Brampton – ECHL, Belleville – AHL) have been invited to training camp on a professional tryout.

I'm surprised that Hawel and Struthers aren't there.

And Jonathan Racine is who the Habs traded to Tampa for Nikita Nesterov a few years ago. Last year, he was in the Sens organization, mostly playing ECHL, but getting a few games in Belleville.

Michael McNicholas was Maine Mariners' top scorer last season with 53 pts (13G, 40A) in 65 GP.

I thought that Hawel had an offer to go to Laval but opted to go back to the OHL as an overager.

Reactions: Fenris

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I thought that Hawel had an offer to go to Laval but opted to go back to the OHL as an overager.

Maybe he's banking on earning an ELC rather than an AHL contract? I don't know why.

We know Habs brass liked him as Timmins mentioned him by name when Marinaro asked about the Rookie Showdown. And he was invited to the main camp.

I mentioned to Anthony Marcotte that I'm surprised that Hawel and Struthers aren't invited. I did say that maybe Struthers injury has something to do with that. But Hawel did surprise me. He said he believes that Laval is looking for a few older players because for them, they have to make the playoffs this year.

Reactions: Whitesnake

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Jonathan Racine? Blast from the past. I guess for some toughness on the back end too. And Gabriel Sylvestre....another guy who's not that bad and pretty tough.

Seems that Joel wants some truculence...lol

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Maybe he's banking on earning an ELC rather than an AHL contract? I don't know why.

We know Habs brass liked him as Timmins mentioned him by name when Marinaro asked about the Rookie Showdown. And he was invited to the main camp.

I mentioned to Anthony Marcotte that I'm surprised that Hawel and Struthers aren't invited. I did say that maybe Struthers injury has something to do with that. But Hawel did surprise me. He said he believes that Laval is looking for a few older players because for them, they have to make the playoffs this year.

They have everything to easily make the playoffs, of course we'll need to see how the final roster shakes out and there's always the loss of players to injuries and call ups but they should be one of the best teams in the AHL if the roster ends up as deep as I assume it will.

I wasn't too impressed with Hawel and Struthers was ok but I don't think there will be room for him anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad