Montreal

laval-png.212071

GM: Marc Bergevin
Head Coach: Joël Bouchard
Assistant Coaches: Alex Burrows & Daniel Jacob
Goalie & Video Coach: Marco Marciano
Arena: Place Bell

ROSTER
(Note that some of these players may make the Habs out of camp or be traded)

- FORWARDS -

Morgan Adams-Moisan (AHL)
Alexandre Alain (ELC)
Riley Barber (NHL)
Alex Belzile (NHL)
Joe Cox (AHL)
Jake Evans (ELC)
Nikita Jevpalovs (AHL)
William Pelletier (AHL)
Ryan Poehling (ELC)
Nick Suzuki (ELC)
Joël Teasdale (ELC)
Michael Pezzetta (ELC)
Phil Varone (NHL)
Lukas Vejdemo (ELC)
Hayden Verbeek (ELC)
Antoine Waked (ELC)

- DEFENSEMEN -

Josh Brook (ELC)
Ryan Culkin (AHL)
Cale Fleury (ELC)
Maxim Lamarche (AHL)
Otto Leskinen (ELC)
David Sklenicka (ELC)
Gustav Olofsson (NHL)
Xavier Ouellet (NHL)

- GOALTENDERS -

Connor LaCouvee (AHL)
Charlie Lindgren (NHL)
Michael McNiven (ELC)
Cayden Primeau (ELC)

Attachments

• upload_2019-7-5_7-6-37.jpeg
    upload_2019-7-5_7-6-37.jpeg
    8.5 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Reactions: Archijerej

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
I wonder what is going to happen with Primeau and the goalies? Maybe he will go to the ECHL and Lindgren & McNiven battle it out in Laval?

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
My guess? Lindgren is moved and Primeau and McNiven get the net in Laval, with LaCouvee in ECHL.

It will depend on how many games they want Primeau to get... ECHL will probably be the best bet if they want him to face lots of rubber

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
It will depend on how many games they want Primeau to get... ECHL will probably be the best bet if they want him to face lots of rubber
I still think they move Lindgren to give him a chance elsewhere and maybe get SOMETHING for him.

I can see McNiven in Laval backed up by Lacouvee at first, with Primeau facing rubber in the ECHL for most or all of one season. There will be an injury to one of the four goalies in Montreal or Laval at times, and so Primeau will get a taste of Laval too.

Reactions: angusyoung

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
That's a huge roster. The E should be improved at the very least as well as the the Rocket,I hope. Was thinking Barber gets a good look at camp. Solid 2 way player that showed he can put the puck in the net and can drop the mitts. Sort of like a Shaw replacement.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Did this little exercise this morning, trying to form my own lines. I went with 5 lines and 4 pairings. I also went with the players who are under contract right now. I didn't include McCarron, who would clearly be in the line-up but because he hasn't signed yet, I didn't include him. I also took the liberty on deciding on a few guys in the NHL that would most likely lose a spot in Montreal and find themselves in Laval should they clear waivers. Another note: I started Juulsen in Laval because maybe they'd want him to start there after his injury to make sure he's good to go.

I also put a (v) next to those who count as veterans (320 GP or more) and a (ve) for those who count as veteran exempt (260-320 GP).

Phil Varone (v) - Ryan Poehling - Riley Barber
Joël Teasdale - Nick Suzuki - Alex Belzile
Nikita Jevpalovs - Lukas Vejdemo - Jake Evans
Michael Pezzetta - Hayden Verbeek - Alexandre Alain
William Pelletier - Matthew Peca (ve) - Dale Weise (v)

ECHL: Antoine Waked, Morgan Adams-Moisan, Joe Cox

Xavier Ouellet (v) - Noah Juulsen
Otto Leskinen - Cale Fleury
Gustav Olofsson - Josh Brook
Karl Alzner (v) - Maxim Lamarche

ECHL: David Sklenicka, Ryan Culkin

Charlie Lindgren
Cayden Primeau

ECHL: Michael McNiven, Connor LaCouvee

Last edited:

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Did this little exercise this morning, trying to form my own lines. I went with 5 lines and 4 pairings. I also went with the players who are under contract right now. I didn't include McCarron, who would clearly be in the line-up but because he hasn't signed yet, I didn't include him. I also took the liberty on deciding on a few guys in the NHL that would most likely lose a spot in Montreal and find themselves in Laval should they clear waivers. Another note: I started Juulsen in Laval because maybe they'd want him to start there after his injury to make sure he's good to go.

Phil Varone - Ryan Poehling - Riley Barber
William Pelletier - Matthew Peca - Dale Weise

Xavier Ouellet - Noah Juulsen
Karl Alzner - Maxim Lamarche

Charlie Lindgren
Cayden Primeau

That's a lot of bodies! and not including big Mac or Cousins. Thought Barber might get a look with the big club,showed some promise and has tools,but enough? not sure.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
That's a lot of bodies! and not including big Mac or Cousins. Thought Barber might get a look with the big club,showed some promise and has tools,but enough? not sure.

Maybe Barber does crack the Habs line-up. But between him and Cousins? I would bank on Cousins making the Habs. Barber has been mostly an AHL player whereas Cousins has played the NHL these last three seasons.

I think Varone will also get an extended look at camp.

Reactions: Estimated_Prophet

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Maybe Barber does crack the Habs line-up. But between him and Cousins? I would bank on Cousins making the Habs. Barber has been mostly an AHL player whereas Cousins has played the NHL these last three seasons.

I am intrigued to see those 3 perform. Apparently Varone has wings,but again,not on the large size where as the other 2 have some edge. Gonna be fun. All in all though,has to be some movement and packages down the road.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003

Barber and Varone will likely be among the last cuts but I have a hard time picturing them beating out Weal and Cousins.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
Predicting some things at this point is difficult, but here's my tentative take:
-Poehling is pretty much a lock to make the big club
-#3 RD spot is Juulsen's to lose
-Cousins will make our opening day lineup
-We keep Reilly and go with 8D initially, until the management feels comfortable with one of Ouellet/Olofsson/Alzner as a first call-up option in case of an injury on LD.
-Suzuki starts in the AHL
-Hudon is gone

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Along with Thompson? so Byron on RW or Leks?

Hard to say as we have so many centers that cam make the lineup very versatile. I think injuries will play a determining factor and a trade is still possible given the combination of depth, picks and prospects that we currently enjoy.

Reactions: angusyoung

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006

I also put a (v) next to those who count as veterans (320 GP or more) and a (ve) for those who count as veteran exempt (260-320 GP).

Phil Varone (v) - Ryan Poehling - Riley Barber (ve)
William Pelletier - Matthew Peca (ve) - Dale Weise (v)

Karl Alzner (v) - Maxim Lamarche

Charlie Lindgren
Cayden Primeau

I'd start Juulsen in AHL too and call him up midseason. He hasn't been able to play much last couple years and don't agree with people saying he's ready. Weise/Peca/Alzner could really change how the lineup looks. I'd send Cayden Primeau to ECHL unless he shows to be better than Michael McNiven. I feel like Suzuki/Poehling duo would be worth exploring as on paper they are very complementary and they might be able to translate it to the NHL together. Evans is pretty good at faceoffs and think he'll be Thompson's replacement soon as #4C. Interesting to see how they do next season, been a while since the AHL team had a legitimate group of prospects worth following.

Phil Varone (v) - Ryan Poehling - Nick Suzuki
Alex Belzile - Jake Evans - Riley Barber (ve)
Joël Teasdale - Lukas Vejdemo - Alexandre Alain
Michael Pezzetta - Hayden Verbeek - Nikita Jevpalovs

Otto Leskinen/David Sklenicka - Cale Fleury

Charlie Lindgren
Michael McNiven

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
For me Evans has to be at center as his ability on draws is one of his best assets.

Primeau has to be the starter as you don't want him sitting too much at this point. Not sure how this will play out as either McNiven or Lindgren have to go. Loan, trade, either way they must create a spot for Primeau and he has to be the starter unless he struggles which I don't think he will as he's got to be one of the top goalie prospects in the world.

I'm very interested to see if Suzuki is at center, I assume he will be. If so then I wonder if McCarron stays at center or is moved back to RW.

The problem with trying to figure the roster in July is we still don't know what trades or if any more UFA's will be added.

Reactions: Gabe84

canadiensnation

Jun 11, 2011
GTA
For me Evans has to be at center as his ability on draws is one of his best assets.

Primeau has to be the starter as you don't want him sitting too much at this point. Not sure how this will play out as either McNiven or Lindgren have to go. Loan, trade, either way they must create a spot for Primeau and he has to be the starter unless he struggles which I don't think he will as he's got to be one of the top goalie prospects in the world.

I'm very interested to see if Suzuki is at center, I assume he will be. If so then I wonder if McCarron stays at center or is moved back to RW.

The problem with trying to figure the roster in July is we still don't know what trades or if any more UFA's will be added.
I think McCarron has to be moved to the wing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad