2019-2020 Laval Rocket & ECHL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I really like the culture that Bouchard and his staff are starting to put. I think Laval will start to be competitive each year, and that’s perfect for Suzuki Brook Fleury Primeau to grow in a Winning mentality.

I’m really looking forward to that opening game lineup. Finally, several high upside players to watch.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Not that I'm a fan of Ouelette,but why keep Fleury away from him? Who should he be paired with in Laval?
Alzner and Olofsson are more solid defensively. IDK about Leskinen.

One of Brook/Fleury will play with Ouellet imo. The other plays with the best of the three D I named earlier. Last pair is either the two left or the best one with Lamarche if they both are bad at RD.

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Alzner and Olofsson are more solid defensively. IDK about Leskinen.

One of Brook/Fleury will play with Ouellet imo. The other plays with the best of the three D I named earlier. Last pair is either the two left or the best one with Lamarche if they both are bad at RD.

I see,so he requires a more dependable defensive partner, if I understand correctly. Fleury is still a work in progress to improve his defensive aspects? Was not aware that Olofson was solid on D already,so what is his issue? health? thought he was also inclined to have some offensive upside. From what I saw Leskenen looks like he prefers to pinch a lot,good,but how is his D overall right?

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Not that I'm a fan of Ouelette,but why keep Fleury away from him? Who should he be paired with in Laval?

they were a nightmare pairing, Fleury was much better when paired with Alzner.

I see,so he requires a more dependable defensive partner, if I understand correctly. Fleury is still a work in progress to improve his defensive aspects? Was not aware that Olofson was solid on D already,so what is his issue? health? thought he was also inclined to have some offensive upside. From what I saw Leskenen looks like he prefers to pinch a lot,good,but how is his D overall right?

Fleury is still a work in progress defensively. Olofsson has had multi shoulder injuries so there's no telling if he can stay healthy or not. Leskinen I haven't seen in over a year and didn't pay any attention to him when I did so I can't say until I see him this year.

Reactions: angusyoung

Jul 6, 2016
I read Teasdale was injured to a leg and will miss 7 months. He will have to get surgery.

TrapGod Jr

Apr 22, 2017
Here is my projected lineup of the Laval Rocket for the upcoming season. I’d prefer poehling and suzuki have big minutes in the AHL than to be on the 4th line in the big club.

Suzuki-Poehling-Barber
Varone-Evans-McCarron
Struthers-Vejdemo-Belzile
Harvey-Pinard-Verbeek-Cox

Ouellet-Fleury
Alzner-Brook
Leskinen-Olofsson

Primeau
Lindgren
McNiven

Last edited:

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Here is my projected lineup of the Laval Rocket for the upcoming season. I’d prefer poehling and suzuki have big minutes in the AHL than to be on the 4th line in the big club.

Suzuki-Poehling-Barber
Varone-Evans-McCarron
Struthers-Vejdemo-Belzile
Harvey-Pinard-Verbeek-Cox

Ouellet-Fleury
Alzner-Brook
Leskinen-Olofsson

Primeau
Lindgren
McNiven
Why would Poehling be on the 4th line in Montreal?

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
Lehkonen, Armia, maybe Byron, maybe Drouin.

The only wingers clearly better are Gallagher and Tatar. He'd be anywhwere from 3rd to 5th/6th best winger.

Yeah, I'm still waiting to see him make the NHL before I call him better than Drouin or those guys.

EagleBelfour

Jun 7, 2005
ehsl.proboards32.com
Are the Laval Rocket playing any preseasons home games this year? I leave the country before their home opener, and would like to go see a game of them before I leave. Couldn’t find any infos relating on this on their site. Even an intra-squad matchup would do. Thanks!

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Are the Laval Rocket playing any preseasons home games this year? I leave the country before their home opener, and would like to go see a game of them before I leave. Couldn’t find any infos relating on this on their site. Even an intra-squad matchup would do. Thanks!

I believe they have two preseason games against Belleville on September 28 & 29 in Laval.

They also have two exhibition games against one team (U Sports, I believe) in the middle of September. I can't find exactly where I saw that and what dates it will be. But it is in the middle of September.

dcal64

Jul 4, 2010
Ottawa
I believe they have two preseason games against Belleville on September 28 & 29 in Laval.

They also have two exhibition games against one team (U Sports, I believe) in the middle of September. I can't find exactly where I saw that and what dates it will be. But it is in the middle of September.

I thought the rookies are playing the U Sports team on September 10th, are you saying there is another game against U Sport team?

habsprospects

Nov 24, 2003
Sherbrooke, QC
habsprospects.com

In the middle of September, they will be at the main camp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->