2019-2020 Laval Rocket & ECHL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
To be fair, he also has top-notch AHL veterans but doesn't seem to know how to use them.

True that both Barber and Varone were coming from good AHL seasons....but they are being used top 6 all seasons long and on the PP. I don't know what else he could do.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I think you might have missed the collective orgasmic shriek when Bouchard was hired.

Based on the fact that he's a brillant hockey mind and has been able to take medicore teams in Blainville into practically contenders....it's normal to have had an orgasm.

While I'm a fan, I ALSO did say that we now need to know if his junior touch can be translated into a pro one. I'm not giving up on him. Geez, we've kept a terrible coach 6-7 years, we're not going to give up after 2.....but at one point he will need to prove what he can do. Next year, he should see some forward help. If we sign everybody, McShane, Fonstad, maybe Ylonen and who else should be in Laval. If THAT doesn't work out, nothing will. And then you will see changes.

But people should seriously look at the forward lineup we have today and if they think it's contending worthy....they don't know hockey.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Come on... Varone, Barber, Hudon, Peca, Belzile, Evans, Vejdemo, McCarron, Dauphin, Kotkaniemi, Poehling. I know there were injuries, but it's enough man-games for a very good top-6.
At some point we have to acknowledge Laval is seriously underperforming.

I don't see them making the playoffs.

bcv

My french sucks.
Sep 18, 2010
Come on... Varone, Barber, Hudon, Peca, Belzile, Evans, Vejdemo, McCarron, Dauphin, Kotkaniemi, Poehling. I know there were injuries, but it's enough man-games for a very good top-6.
If you paid a little attention to the ganes, you’d notice the problem isn’t offense, but defense and goaltending.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
If you paid a little attention to the ganes, you’d notice the problem isn’t offense, but defense and goaltending.
I am paying attention. Here's what has been available for Bouchard to slot into his top 4 this season: Ouellet, Olofsson, Folin, Juulsen, Fleury, McEneny, Leskinen, Alzner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad