2019-2020 Laval Rocket & ECHL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Playmaker09

Sep 11, 2008
Habs Lineup:

13 F: Tatar, Danault, Gallagher, Domi, Kotkaneimi, Lehkonen, Drouin, Byron, Poehling, Armia, Cousins, Weal, Thompson
8D: Mete, Weber, Chiarot, Petry, Kulak, Juulsen, Reilly, Folin
2G: Price, Kinkaid

Therefore, in Laval:

Varone - Suzuki - Barber
Peca - Evans - Belzile
Teasdale - McCarron - Weise
Jevpalovs - Vejdemo - Alain
Pelletier - Cox

Ouellet - Brook
Alzner - Fleury
Leskinen - Olofsson
Lamarche

Primeau
Lindgren

ECHL:

F: Waked, Adams-Moisan, Verbeek
D: Sklenicka, Culkin
G: McNiven, LaCouvee

Also hoping that if the Habs do call up a forward it's Weise or Peca so they don't completely decimate the top-end talent and chemistry in Laval like they have in years past. They've had some good starts to the season, only to have 4 of the top 6 forwards called up in the span of one week. Then we wonder why the team crashes and burns mid-season.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Varone - Suzuki - Barber
Peca - Evans - Belzile
Teasdale - McCarron - Weise
Jevpalovs - Vejdemo - Alain
Pelletier - Cox

Ouellet - Brook
Alzner - Fleury
Leskinen - Olofsson
Lamarche

Primeau
Lindgren

Nice lineup, if injuries hit they will have a lot more options then they had this past season, so instead of a Agostino or Chaput, we could see Suzuki, Evans, McCarron.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
I hope that the team does better this year.

I'm very glad that McCarron is getting another chance and ... I don't even know why I like the guy. Lol.

Reactions: L4br3cqu3

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
I hope that the team does better this year.

I'm very glad that McCarron is getting another chance and ... I don't even know why I like the guy. Lol.

About the same for me, kid seems to have a great attitude and character, just limited and bent over by Lefebvre and co.

Wouldn't mind him to begin on our 4th line, as a RW, let him learn a role there, for good.

Reactions: DAChampion

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

After winning an award last year for the best in-game entertainment, this year, Laval won the award for Group Ticket Sale Growth for the Eastern Conference.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Laval's home opener will be on October 4th against the Cleveland Monsters.

D_DKJhgX4AAkPn7.jpg

Season starts at home on October 4th.

I also noticed that they will play Rockford Ice Hogs and Milwaukee Admirals, as well. They will face Manitoba Moose, as they do every year. Interesting that they will face three Western Conference teams. They need more of that.

They have a bunch of 2-in-2s as is the norm in the AHL. But they only have one 3-in-3s and that's at the end of the year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: L4br3cqu3

odishabs

Aug 29, 2008
If Poehling and Suzuki start in the AHL, is this accurate?

Varone - Poehling - Suzuki
Teasdale - Evans 'A' - Barber
Hudon - Peca - McCarron 'A'
Weise - Vejdemo - Belzile

Ouellet 'C' - Brook
Leskinen - Fleury
Alzner - Olofsson

Primeau
Lindgren

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar

Ouellet 'C' - Brook
Leskinen - Fleury
Alzner - Olofsson

Primeau
Lindgren

Nope! Suzuki is a center,that's for starters.

Reactions: dralaf

Guilliam

Jul 30, 2010
Montreal
Some of the C will play wing as we have like 8 of them.

Yes, but during development camp, Suzuki said the organization told him they want to develop him as a center, at least for now. So it looks like he won't be one of those centermen moved to the wing. I'd bet Vejdemo and Peca are the most likely to be used as wingers, leaving a centerline of something like Evans, Suzuki, Poehling and McCarron.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

Ouellet 'C' - Brook
Leskinen - Fleury
Alzner - Olofsson

Primeau
Lindgren

some of those players have to be on the Habs cause they wouldn't have enough bodies per your lineup. I would think Weise will be in Laval.

Hudon if he clears waivers would likely be the best player on the team so I would think be on the top line. Belzile was one of their best players so he won't be on the 4th line.

so if the Habs have 14 F, 7 D you have to guess how that plays out. The D is easy of course unless they keep 8 which I'm not a fan of but if they do then so be it.

In addition to the Habs roster, there are other questions, first the goalies. What will they do with the Lindgren, McNiven, Primeau trio? They can loan LaCouvee to an ECHL team, but hopefully they don't go with a 3 goalie rotation again, was very against it 2 years ago with Lindgren, McNiven and Fucale. Primeau needs to be the starter. They could trade one of the others or they could loan the other somewhere.

The defense if it's Alzner, Ouellet, Brook, Fleury, Olofsson, Leskinen, Sklenicka, Lamarche, that means Juulsen is in the NHL and they are carrying 8D. If that's the case they will have to see who can play RD after Brook and Fleury. Lamarche can be that bottom pairing RD, but that would mean they have Alzner, Ouellet, Leskinen and Olofsson at LD. Granted that would give them a very strong LD but someone won't be happy sitting. I assume they would rotate them depending on play. I don't know enough about Leskinen and Olofsson if they can play RD, if so that would make things much easier. I also never heard if the Habs/Leskinen had any talks on if he didn't make the Habs would they consider or want to loan him back to his Liiga club or do they want him in Laval.

At forward we know the Habs should have at least 13 forwards so out of Domi, Tatar, Gallagher, Danault, Leks, Kotka, Armia, Drouin, Weal, Thompson, Cousins, Byron that's only 12 so at least one more is making the team. but who is hard to say, Poehling, Peca, Hudon, McCarron, Suzuki? Whoever it is that will effect the lineup very much.

Then there's the centers, do they move McCarron back to wing, do they start Suzuki at center? Evans has to be at center, Vejdemo can play wing or center and I think they would be good together on a 3rd line.

so there's a ton of different scenarios to what the lineup could look like as there's still trades, they could invite some players to camp, waivers, etc..

That said if 13F, 8D, Poehling on the Habs,

Hudon Suzuki Barber
Peca Varone McCarron
Belzile Evans Weise
Teasdale Vejdemo Jevpalovs/Alain
Pelletier Verbeek Cox/Waked

If 14 F, 7 D, Poehing and Peca on the Habs,

Hudon Suzuki Barber
Belzile Varone McCarron
Teasdale Evans Weise
Jevpalovs Vejdemo Alain/Cox
Pelletier/Pezzetta Verbeek Waked

Reactions: Estimated_Prophet

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
It seems obvious that Charles Hudon wants no part in being in the AHL once more.
On another note, here was another Hudon (Philippe) who had a tryout last season, quite late, which I thought was for this coming season. He did good in the ECHL and I don't know much about his 3 games in Laval.
Is he coming back?
I first heard from this guy when he disclosed his OCD which really hampered his studies and possibly hockey performances. Worth checking out (if available in English). Concordia University I believe he was.

https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/beyond-rituals-hockey-player-learns-to-control-his-ocd-1.3256152

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
We have 47 contracts. McCarron will make it 48.

Due for signing next year are Fonstad, Hillis, Houde and McShane. We probably also sign RHP because he will be AHL bound. If we sign them all that would be 53 contracts, which is 3 over the limit.

Lindgren is probably gone by December. Waked, Weise, Folin, Thompson and Peca are probably not renewed past this season as they will be replaced internally. We go back down to 47.

We are fine contract wise even just going with the flow.

There is no way they are signing Houde and the other 3 have alot to prove this season. I would say Hillis is the most likely of that bunch to sign.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
There is no way they are signing Houde and the other 3 have alot to prove this season. I would say Hillis is the most likely of that bunch to sign.

I was just going by sign date. I expect us to sign RHP, Hillis, Fonstad, McShane and Ikonen next year.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I was just going by sign date. I expect us to sign RHP, Hillis, Fonstad, McShane and Ikonen next year.

In addition to Hillis, Fonstad, McShane, RHP, they will also be looking at Fairbrother and LeGuerrier. Then you have Harris who if he has a big year do they sign? Then the Euros, who's coming over from there. Romanov, Ylonen, Ikonen, Khisamutdinov, Norlinder? All but Romanov will be in their age 20 seasons or older and all aren't under contract with their Euro clubs after next season so far. Of course the problem is where to put them all, not saying all will be coming over as you have to see how they do first. Norlinder I assume they leave so he can play in the SHL, Khisamutdinov will be 22 so if he has a good season in the KHL I'm sure they would like to get him over here sooner then later but if he struggles that of course could change things.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
In addition to Hillis, Fonstad, McShane, RHP, they will also be looking at Fairbrother and LeGuerrier. Then you have Harris who if he has a big year do they sign? Then the Euros, who's coming over from there. Romanov, Ylonen, Ikonen, Khisamutdinov, Norlinder? All but Romanov will be in their age 20 seasons or older and all aren't under contract with their Euro clubs after next season so far. Of course the problem is where to put them all, not saying all will be coming over as you have to see how they do first. Norlinder I assume they leave so he can play in the SHL, Khisamutdinov will be 22 so if he has a good season in the KHL I'm sure they would like to get him over here sooner then later but if he struggles that of course could change things.

This influx may very well lead to players like McShane, Fonstad and RHP not being signed. All bets are of the table with fringe prospects after Tyszka and Walford went unsigned despite having decent junior stats.

some of those players have to be on the Habs cause they wouldn't have enough bodies per your lineup. I would think Weise will be in Laval.

Hudon if he clears waivers would likely be the best player on the team so I would think be on the top line. Belzile was one of their best players so he won't be on the 4th line.

so if the Habs have 14 F, 7 D you have to guess how that plays out. The D is easy of course unless they keep 8 which I'm not a fan of but if they do then so be it.

In addition to the Habs roster, there are other questions, first the goalies. What will they do with the Lindgren, McNiven, Primeau trio? They can loan LaCouvee to an ECHL team, but hopefully they don't go with a 3 goalie rotation again, was very against it 2 years ago with Lindgren, McNiven and Fucale. Primeau needs to be the starter. They could trade one of the others or they could loan the other somewhere.

The defense if it's Alzner, Ouellet, Brook, Fleury, Olofsson, Leskinen, Sklenicka, Lamarche, that means Juulsen is in the NHL and they are carrying 8D. If that's the case they will have to see who can play RD after Brook and Fleury. Lamarche can be that bottom pairing RD, but that would mean they have Alzner, Ouellet, Leskinen and Olofsson at LD. Granted that would give them a very strong LD but someone won't be happy sitting. I assume they would rotate them depending on play. I don't know enough about Leskinen and Olofsson if they can play RD, if so that would make things much easier. I also never heard if the Habs/Leskinen had any talks on if he didn't make the Habs would they consider or want to loan him back to his Liiga club or do they want him in Laval.

At forward we know the Habs should have at least 13 forwards so out of Domi, Tatar, Gallagher, Danault, Leks, Kotka, Armia, Drouin, Weal, Thompson, Cousins, Byron that's only 12 so at least one more is making the team. but who is hard to say, Poehling, Peca, Hudon, McCarron, Suzuki? Whoever it is that will effect the lineup very much.

Then there's the centers, do they move McCarron back to wing, do they start Suzuki at center? Evans has to be at center, Vejdemo can play wing or center and I think they would be good together on a 3rd line.

so there's a ton of different scenarios to what the lineup could look like as there's still trades, they could invite some players to camp, waivers, etc..

That said if 13F, 8D, Poehling on the Habs,

Hudon Suzuki Barber
Peca Varone McCarron
Belzile Evans Weise
Teasdale Vejdemo Jevpalovs/Alain
Pelletier Verbeek Cox/Waked

If 14 F, 7 D, Poehing and Peca on the Habs,

Hudon Suzuki Barber
Belzile Varone McCarron
Teasdale Evans Weise
Jevpalovs Vejdemo Alain/Cox
Pelletier/Pezzetta Verbeek Waked

It is so hard to forecast lineups in July as injuries will surely play a role in determining these lineups.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: WinterLion

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

They slipped my mind but Romanov and Khisamutdinov also get signed for sure. I think they can take the luxury of marinating Ylonen and Norlinder a year longer in Europe unless they free up a bunch of contract space. I think Fairbrother and Leguerrier will also wait ot 2021 so they don't overload the Laval D.

That would bring us to 49 contracts, but we might see more departure at forward if guys like Suzuki and Evans steps up.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
This influx may very well lead to players like McShane, Fonstad and RHP not being signed. All bets are of the table with fringe prospects after Tyszka and Walford went unsigned despite having decent junior stats.

It is so hard to forecast lineups in July as injuries will surely play a role in determining these lineups.

I posted a thread about the '18, '19 and '20 drafts having so many picks that it could become a problem at some point. With us perhaps getting our own ECHL club in a year or whatever the plan ends up being, they will need some bodies to go there but you don't want to have too many draft picks in the ECHL either so something may have to give as you don't want to just throw away these picks. Tyszka I really think he gets signed if not for the concussions or if they told him not to do something like fight and he didn't listen. Walford just looks like a bad pick when there were several good options that they could have went.

I'd be surprised if Fonstad isn't signed, McShane it depends on how he looks and RHP I just don't get the point of that one but hopefully they see something in him.

They slipped my mind but Romanov and Khisamutdinov also get signed for sure. I think they can take the luxury of marinating Ylonen and Norlinder a year longer in Europe unless they free up a bunch of contract space. I think Fairbrother and Leguerrier will also wait ot 2021 so they don't overload the Laval D.

That would bring us to 49 contracts, but we might see more departure at forward if guys like Suzuki and Evans steps up.

Ylonen you have to see how he does, the good thing is that with the Euro's we have the 4 years so they won't have to rush them especially since room will be so tight.

Fairbother I would think for sure he'll be signed, LeGuerrier I don't know anything about yet, I plan on trying to watch a little of him in the coming weeks. I'm not a big fan of overagers in the CHL unless it's a case like Tyszka where they miss a lot of time to injuries.

Reactions: Estimated_Prophet

ABR8185

Jul 5, 2016
Regardless of who goes up or down, Laval should have a pretty solid line-up. I like tthat they brought in established AHL players like Varone and Barber to help shoulder the load from guys like Suzuki and Evans. And having these young guys potentially going through a playoff run in the AHL will be valuable experience going forward as well.

Reactions: montreal

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Regardless of who goes up or down, Laval should have a pretty solid line-up. I like tthat they brought in established AHL players like Varone and Barber to help shoulder the load from guys like Suzuki and Evans. And having these young guys potentially going through a playoff run in the AHL will be valuable experience going forward as well.

Gonna be an interesting line up in Laval and the E. So many bodies,who's getting claimed on waivers. What the heck in MB doing?

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Gonna be an interesting line up in Laval and the E. So many bodies,who's getting claimed on waivers. What the heck in MB doing?
The good thing? An AHL team is supposed to have vets. The only one that may get claimed IMO is Hudon. The rest 99.99% don't fit in any of the other 30 teams 23 man roster.

Reactions: montreal

24Cups

Aug 2, 2005
Even with some of our best talent likely heading to College/Juniors/Europe/KHL, there is plenty of young NA graduating talent and veterans to stock a very good AHL roster this season. Bouchard is entering his second year at the helm and I expect to see an immense improvement in both on-ice results and preparedness among those graduating to the big club, even for a sniff. Thoughts and potential rosters?

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Hoping Poehling and Suuki, and perhaps Brook are in Montreal - because they prove they belong there.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Even with some of our best talent likely heading to College/Juniors/Europe/KHL, there is plenty of young NA graduating talent and veterans to stock a very good AHL roster this season. Bouchard is entering his second year at the helm and I expect to see an immense improvement in both on-ice results and preparedness among those graduating to the big club, even for a sniff. Thoughts and potential rosters?

Most of the Habs top prospects are turning pro in Suzuki, Brook, Primeau, Poehling while joining Fleury so it will be a very telling year for management for sure as to where the farm system sits.

Bouchard had them playing very well and they were a solid team until MB started calling up or trading away the only goal scorers they had. This year they should be one of the best teams in the AHL depending on how the roster shakes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->