2019-2020 Laval Rocket & ECHL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jul 6, 2016
Hoping Poehling and Suuki, and perhaps Brook are in Montreal - because they prove they belong there.

Why be so impatient with kids ? Let them perform at their full force at AHL level, first and above all.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Why be so impatient with kids ? Let them perform at their full force at AHL level, first and above all.

Again I hope they prove they belong, not I hope we rush them when they're not ready.

Our season rests on our youth making strides. We didn't add any vets over the summer. Out: Shaw, Benn. In: Chariot. Still what's best for the long term development of the youth should be the priority over success this season.

Julien will for sure go with the best top 9 that will help him win now. I wonder though if he'd go with the best top 12 that will help him win now, even if that meant having Poehling and or Suzuki on the 4th line, when they could better develop in Laval in the top 6.... We'll see soon enough.

But my perspective is: if Poehling and/or Suzuki can beat out 2 of Byron, Lehkonen, and Armia for top 9 spots, then they're ready and they don't need to go to Laval.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Again I hope they prove they belong, not I hope we rush them when they're not ready.

Our season rests on our youth making strides. We didn't add any vets over the summer. Out: Shaw, Benn. In: Chariot. Still what's best for the long term development of the youth should be the priority over success this season.

Julien will for sure go with the best top 9 that will help him win now. I wonder though if he'd go with the best top 12 that will help him win now, even if that meant having Poehling and or Suzuki on the 4th line, when they could better develop in Laval in the top 6.... We'll see soon enough.

But my perspective is: if Poehling and/or Suzuki can beat out 2 of Byron, Lehkonen, and Armia for top 9 spots, then they're ready and they don't need to go to Laval.
It's top 10 for me. 4th line center is a fairly important position that should be occupied by the best person regardless of age.

Reactions: angusyoung

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
If poehling starts in the nhl, and Juulsen initially plays in the ahl:

Varone - Suzuki - Barber
Peca - Evans - Belzile
Weise - Vejdemo - Mccarron
Teasdale - Verbeek - Jevpalovs

Alzner - Juulsen
Ouelett - Fleury
Leskinen - Brook
Olofsson

Primeau
Lindgren/Mcniven

That lineup is stacked
We have two number 1 lines, three top pairings, and two number 1 goalies

Edit: Updated with Peca and Weise, the team is even better now

Last edited:

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

Varone - Suzuki - Barber
Mccarron - Evans - Belzile
Teasdale - Vejdemo - Alain
Pezetta/Pelletier - Verbeek - Jevpalovs

Alzner - Juulsen
Ouelett - Fleury
Leskinen - Brook
Olofsson

Primeau
Lindgren/Mcniven

That lineup is stacked
You're missing one of Peca/Hudon.

Reactions: Kudo Shinichi

bryan1966

Time for some fast & skilled hockey!
Nov 24, 2011
New Hampshire

Varone - Suzuki - Barber
Mccarron - Evans - Belzile
Teasdale - Vejdemo - Alain
Pezetta/Pelletier - Verbeek - Jevpalovs

Alzner - Juulsen
Ouelett - Fleury
Leskinen - Brook
Olofsson

Primeau
Lindgren/Mcniven

That lineup is stacked

Missing Weise also AHL bound

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar

Varone - Suzuki - Barber
Peca - Evans - Belzile
Weise - Vejdemo - Mccarron
Teasdale - Verbeek - Jevpalovs

Alzner - Juulsen
Ouelett - Fleury
Leskinen - Brook
Olofsson

Primeau
Lindgren/Mcniven

That lineup is stacked

Edit: Updated with Peca and Weise, the team is even better now

A boat load of options for the A,should be a quality team this year,depending on whom gets waived.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Poehling, juulsen are starting in montreal. So dont make a line up incluiding them
2 of Poehling, Hudon, Peca and Juulsen need to go down to have a 23-man roster. I think Juulsen is a lock for 3RD over Folin, but I'm not sure about Poehling. Maybe they want to play all 3 of Cousins,Weal and Thompson in the top 12 and need a 13th fwd, in which Peca or Hudon would be better than sitting Poehling. He needs to be a clear upgrade on at least one of the three to play, because I don't think he can crack the top 9.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
2 of Poehling, Hudon, Peca and Juulsen need to go down to have a 23-man roster. I think Juulsen is a lock for 3RD over Folin, but I'm not sure about Poehling. Maybe they want to play all 3 of Cousins,Weal and Thompson in the top 12 and need a 13th fwd, in which Peca or Hudon would be better than sitting Poehling. He needs to be a clear upgrade on at least one of the three to play, because I don't think he can crack the top 9.
Poehling is playing against men since 3 years. Hes 20/21 now. Good player are entering in their prime at this age. If poehling need to go in AHL it mean to me that hes gonna be a 3rd or 4th liner. NHL today is full of young player, hes gonna win his place. AHL will be good for a guy like suzuki who played against children in junior and it will be easier for his transition, not for poehling. I predict thats he gonna play on the wing thought on top 9

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Interested to see what will happen but I got to think there will be a trade or two at some point as there are just too many goalies and then you have the cuts from the Habs with most at forward outside of say Juulsen who may or may not start the season in Laval.

Baring a major surprise as of now we know we have 4 goalies and no ECHL team. Of course we can loan them to an ECHL team but it's not an ideal situation since we wouldn't have any say over playing time. For LaCouvee it doesn't really matter but Primeau has to be the starter in Laval and McNiven needs playing time so it will be very interesting to see how they address this.

On defense it sounds like Olofsson is at 100% or at least healthy enough since he is playing in the summer league with Poehling, Reilly and others. So that means we are looking at Alzner, Ouellet, Leskinen and Olofsson on the left side with likely Brook and Fleury on the right side and then if Juulsen is sent down now you have a problem as Leskinen will need to play and unless they dress 7 D then the LD would be very crowded.

That said I don't know if any can play RD, if say Juulsen makes the Habs. If not they have Lamarche and Skelenicka can play RD. I also never heard what the plans are for Leskinen, if he doesn't make the Habs, which is highly unlikely baring any trades and a big surprise at camp, would they consider loaning him back to his Liiga club or is he AHL bound for sure.

The forwards it will be very interesting to see who makes the cut and who gets sent to Laval. If any of Poehling, Suzuki, etc.. make the Habs, I just want them to get regular ice time, as long as they don't sit. If not then the Peca, Hudon's, etc.. can sit in the press box, as long as it's not any prospect. Still though things could be very tight for ice time as they at least so far look to be stacked baring a trade or someone picked off waivers.

Maxime Tremblay

Aug 8, 2019
Montréal
My Laval Rocket lineup is

Barber poehling Suzuki

Varone Evans Belzile

Teasdale Vejdemo McCarron

Hudon Verbeek Jevpalovs

Leskinen Fleury

Olofsson Brook

Ouellett Alzner

McNiven
Primeau

Poehling for me start in Laval and juulsen in Montréal

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
My Laval Rocket lineup is

Barber poehling Suzuki

Varone Evans Belzile

Teasdale Vejdemo McCarron

Hudon Verbeek Jevpalovs

Leskinen Fleury

Olofsson Brook

Ouellett Alzner

McNiven
Primeau

Poehling for me start in Laval and juulsen in Montréal

What do you make of Suzuki's stated preference to play center and how the Habs have agreed to develop him as a centerman?

Maxime Tremblay

Aug 8, 2019
Montréal
What do you make of Suzuki's stated preference to play center and how the Habs have agreed to develop him as a centerman?

The center position is stack Suzuki Play Winger on junior

I put Suzuki on the wing because if poehling starts in Laval otherwise Suzuki will be number one center in laval

I put Suzuki on the wing because if poehling starts in Laval otherwise Suzuki will be number one center in laval

Last edited by a moderator:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

I understand how you arrived at your pecking order with Poehling as the first C candidate.

However, Suzuki has said he wants to play center and the Habs have agreed to it. Wouldn't the Habs's decision in this regard be followed by Bouchard? This leads me to believe someone else will be moved to the wing, they're not going to putz around with one of their better prospects.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
I would love to see the habs make a org. decision to keep all the top- prospects in Laval full-time this year unless they make the big team on day one... wouldn't hurt us since we've got lots of veteran depth players and no real shot at a successful NHL season... might as well give them an opportunity to take on impact roles in a pro men's league on a roster that should be AHL playoff bound & perhaps even Calder cup capable...

Varone - Poehling - Barber
Peca - Suzuki - McCarron
Vejdemo - Evans - Weise
Teasdale - Jevpalovs - Belzile
Waked - Verbeek

Ouellet - Juulsen
Leskinen- Fleury
Olofsson - Brook
Alzner

Primeau
Lindgren/Mcniven

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
I would love to see the habs make a org. decision to keep all the top- prospects in Laval full-time this year unless they make the big team on day one... wouldn't hurt us since we've got lots of veteran depth players and no real shot at a successful NHL season... might as well give them an opportunity to take on impact roles in a pro men's league on a roster that should be AHL playoff bound & perhaps even Calder cup capable...

Varone - Poehling - Barber
Peca - Suzuki - McCarron
Vejdemo - Evans - Weise
Teasdale - Jevpalovs - Belzile
Waked - Verbeek

Ouellet - Juulsen
Leskinen- Fleury
Olofsson - Brook
Alzner

Primeau
Lindgren/Mcniven
Not sure about poehling, Juulsen. Maybe in term of group, they will be the best AHL team. Carey price won the calder cup with theirs best forwards in a young corey locke and duncan milroy, do they make the nhl? No. For poehling. Hes already the size and the speed. Same for juulsen. No need for them to play in a lowest league, they will just keep a lower pace and could be even wrong for theirs career. But a guy like Suzuki i think he will need it to play against men, so ahlwill be good, same for primeau and Brook. I think cale fleury will be the next called if we need D

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Not sure about poehling, Juulsen. Maybe in term of group, they will be the best AHL team. Carey price won the calder cup with theirs best forwards in a young corey locke and duncan milroy, do they make the nhl? No. For poehling. Hes already the size and the speed. Same for juulsen. No need for them to play in a lowest league, they will just keep a lower pace and could be even wrong for theirs career. But a guy like Suzuki i think he will need it to play against men, so ahlwill be good, same for primeau and Brook. I think cale fleury will be the next called if we need D

That calder cup team, their best forwards were the duo of Andrei Kostitsyn and Grabo, they were pretty sick. But they had a strong team, Locke and Milroy, Chipchura, D'Agostini, plus a veteran blueline. In the playoffs in addition to Price, Chipchura, Locke, Milroy, D'Agostini, Lappy, Manlow, AJ Baines, Jancevski, Benoit, Danny Groulx, Grabo. They had so many players step up that is was a very balanced attack.

As for this years group, I wouldn't mind if they all played together but Julien will want to win now so if he thinks players like Poehling will help him now then they will make the team or be called up at some point.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Good to hear Marcotte will be back as play-by-play. Unfortunately, Doucet won't return. I really enjoyed them together. We'll see who they get as the color guy. But Marcotte is real good at play-by-play.

They will be on 91.9 Sports FM on radio broadcasts. But they are also an option on AHL TV. You can choose which broadcast to listen to. I always listen to the Laval broadcast so we get 91.9's feed while watching.

Edit: looks like for the moment, it will only be Marcotte doing the broadcast.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Alex Burrows doing his part to convince Rocket season tix holders to re-up:

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017

I'm actually really happy to have this guy on board. He was a great NHL player that really characterizes the strengths of what Quebec players have been able to do in the NHL. He is the perfect role model and I'm sure he will work hard.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville

I really like the culture that Bouchard and his staff are starting to put. I think Laval will start to be competitive each year, and that’s perfect for Suzuki Brook Fleury Primeau to grow in a Winning mentality.

Reactions: WinterLion

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad