Oct 7, 2017
#MyLavalRocketPhoto(Update4)

upload_2020-6-8_11-35-42.png

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Laval.

Same for Sokolov. I would love to use one of the later picks on him. And he'd also be able to play in Laval right away. Both he and Gogolev are eligible to turn pro right away.

And they can do with them just like they did with RHP. Meaning sign them to an AHL contract because they will hold their rights for another two years before requiring to be signed to their ELC.

Yeah but how many 20/21 year olds is too much for the AHL roster?

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
“Following up the Laval Rocket for three days on a autumn road trip.”

This is more than a team. There's connections and friendships forged. They're all on a mission. All on the same boat. That's the best place to development. Children become/became man.

Reactions: montreal

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
My French isn't great but those vids give you some insight into Daniel Jacob and it shows he's more then just the D coach. Seems like he could be a good coach to keep around though. With the way Fleury improved from the start of the season to the end in his rookie year (since I don't fault him for how bad he looked when sent down after being with the Habs all season) and then with Brook how well he improved after his terrible start to his rookie year to where he was playing his best hockey by the end of the season. It's nice to see prospects progress and not regress on our AHL team.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Yeah but how many 20/21 year olds is too much for the AHL roster?

we don't yet know what their plans are for several guys like Hudon, Weise, Blandisi, etc.. and what the NHL roster will look like so what impact that has on Kotka, Evans, Poehling. So it's hard to say what the roster will look like. Some will have go be loaned to ECHL clubs and called up when injuries hit.

It's a fair point. Maybe you pick only one of them and not both. And like RHP, as I said above, they can be signed to an AHL deal before their ELC, but like RHP, they can also be sent back to Junior.

RHP is too old to go back to the Q next year. I assume he'll be ECHL bound next year.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
RHP is too old to go back to the Q next year. I assume he'll be ECHL bound next year.

What I meant was that like RHP last year after he was drafted. He was eligible to turn pro right away. Instead they opted to send him back to Junior for his overage season.

They could do the same with Gogolev and Sokolov should they draft either or both.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
There's an translator option on Youtube. It's an average translation. It might help tho (sometimes yes in my case).

Let's take a look on the Youtube video on the bottom (at the right corner):

1) Settings (Gear icon)

2)Go to Substitle/CC (Put English)

3) Click on Substitles/closed captions (On = CC icon has to be highlighted with the red color)

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
What I meant was that like RHP last year after he was drafted. He was eligible to turn pro right away. Instead they opted to send him back to Junior for his overage season.

They could do the same with Gogolev and Sokolov should they draft either or both.

I see, that would work as well since we don't have an ECHL team, I am not a big fan of them going back to the CHL since they would have nothing to prove though.

Reactions: L4br3cqu3

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Jocelyn Thibault steps down as GM of the Sherbrooke Phoenix after winning GM of the Year, allowing others to take the spot. I wouldn't mind seeing him come in as a GM or in some sort of executive spot for the AHL/ECHL.

Reactions: Vachon23

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017

“Our players had a lot of fun taking on original challenges for the Show Me Your Skills series presented by COLD-FX!”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad