''tHe aHl iSn't a dEvElOpMeNt lEaGuE''

Here's the answer:

upload_2020-6-21_12-53-22.png

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
That's good to know :thumbu:

I'd like a partnership with the Quebec Midget AAA. There are many talents in this league. Especially from these areas: Blainville, Laval, Mirabel, Saint-Eustache, Terrebonne, etc...

QMAAA real talent goes to the QMJHL where they are drafted by NHL teams. There is very little talent worth noting that won't be drafted by the QMJHL or commit to the NCAA before reaching drafting age.

Reactions: DavePeak

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Laval Rocket season review: Joseph Blandisi may be the hired gun the team has been looking for

“In 30 games with Laval and Wilkes-Barre in the AHL, he had seven goals and 11 assists. He also played 21 games in the NHL with the Pittsburgh Penguins, scoring two goals and adding three assists. Blandisi played in every kind of role for the Rocket. It was a small sample size, but he played his final two games in a top-six role. He piled up seven shots in those two games. Blandisi was playing a critical role on a team that was playing some of its best hockey.”

“Every contending AHL team needs several forwards like Blandisi who are on the bubble of the NHL and AHL, and able to play every forward position with two-way success. Blandisi can be a key player on an AHL team that has had trouble finding players to be a difference-maker.”

Reactions: DAChampion

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017

''The ECHL Board of Governors furthered preparations and intent to play for the start of the 2020-21 Season. The League determined the process, including scheduling Board Meetings throughout the summer of 2020 and developing protocols in conjunction with the Professional Hockey Players’ Association and local/federal health officials, to determine progress in ECHL markets for the return of safe play for Players, fans and employees.''

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017

«C'est quand même spécial comme situation pour moi. Je m'entraine depuis deux mois et demi. J'ai arrêter pendant 1-2 semaine après j'ai recommencer. Je n'ai aucune idée c'est quand que la nouvelle saison va débuter. D'habitude je m'organise un mois et demi avant le début du camp d'entrainement pour atteindre le niveau maximal de mon programme. Là avec la situation actuelle c'est dur à savoir un peu. J'essaie d'attendre les nouvelles. Pour bien prendre soin de me corps et ne pas me blesser et me brûler à force de m'entrainer. Être intense pendant six mois tu vas forcément te casser à un moment donné. Le corps a besoin de repos aussi.»

«Mon défaut c'est que je suis un mauvais perdant. Je n'aime pas perdre.»

«Le Canadien de Montréal a toujours été mon équipe. Et ce depuis mon enfance. Je ne manquais aucun match quand j'étais jeune. J'ouvrais tout le temps la télé pour les voir. Jusqu'à maintenant ma chambre est encore décoré avec des trucs des Canadiens.»

«Je n'ai pas trop fêter mon 1er contrat pro à cause du confinement. Je veux gagner ma vie en jouant au hockey. Je suis rendu à la 1ere étape. C'est à moi de travailler fort pour poursuivre cet objectif le plus longtemps possible.»

«Martin Saint-Louis est mon idole. Je suis un petit joueur de hockey comme lui. Il a prouvé que ce genre de joueurs avaient leur place à la LNH. Il était intense. Et c'était le fun de le regarder jouer. Steven Stamkos a été longtemps mon joueur préféré. C'est un gars qui est impressionant à regarder.»

Reactions: kevsavard95

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
I've never seen anyone say the AHL isn't a development league. That's literally what it is
I seen posts about forcing our prospects to ''develop'' in the NHL with 'the 'professionals'' instead of letting them at the AHL being developped with the ''amateurs'' :thumbu:

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
That means a one-way?

What's the type of deals of our ECHL'ers?

Currently, all of them are on a one-way AHL deal. It doesn't mean they can't be sent to the ECHL. All it guarantees is that whether they play in Laval or in the ECHL, they get paid the same.

When I write AHL/ECHL deal, I mainly mean it's a two-way deal. So they get paid one salary in Laval and another if they get sent down.

The same principle as a one-way or two-way NHL deal.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

Weird that he includes Kinkaid and McNiven as failing grades for Bouchard. He had no control over Kinkaid being there. McNiven ECHL bouncing was not under the control of Bouchard either. He even said so in the text, so IDK.

I disagree on Brook as I thought he got better as the year went on.

Agree on Poehling, but Habs didn't help with their call-up timing.

Barber, Peca and Varone were fails. Hopefully, MB makes sure the vets get along with Bouchard before signing new ones.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Weird that he includes Kinkaid and McNiven as failing grades for Bouchard. He had no control over Kinkaid being there. McNiven ECHL bouncing was not under the control of Bouchard either. He even said so in the text, so IDK.

I disagree on Brook as I thought he got better as the year went on.

Agree on Poehling, but Habs didn't help with their call-up timing.

Barber, Peca and Varone were fails. Hopefully, MB makes sure the vets get along with Bouchard before signing new ones.

I agree with all of this. Brook may not have put up the numbers we expected. But looking at where he was at the start of the year and where he was in the end, I would say that is a passing grade.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I haven't heard of the ahl.report but I did like one comment on Brook,

I would also have liked if Brook was given more opportunities to be on the ice when his team was on the power-play. Bouchard started using him when Ouellet was not in the lineup. I think it would have given Brook more confidence if he had the chance to play in situations that he’s more comfortable in.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
a nice read from Marc Dumont,

Developing on the farm

on Josh Brook,

Take Josh Brook for example. He was a completely different player from where he started the season and where he ended up. It takes time, and we're here to make sure everyone reaches the next level at the right time."
Those keeping a close eye on Brook throughout the season will agree. Once he found his rhythm, which came with a healthy dose of confidence, his gameplay immediately improved.

about Bouchard's coachign style,

Ask any player on the roster about Bouchard's coaching style, and the first thing that comes up is his intensity. The second, which is usually paired with intensity, is his ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and honestly. He mends the line between coach and mentor, putting his players at ease when it comes to their role on the team. In the end, most athletes simply want to know what's expected of them.

a refreshing quote,

"Mistakes aren't necessarily a bad thing. We need to let young players make mistakes in the AHL. It's a development league, after all. They can't be afraid of it, but it also has to be addressed. Take [Jesperi] Kotkaniemi, for example. We ran a lot of video sessions with him, and by the end of the year, he improved by leaps and bounds."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->