2019-2020 Laval Rocket & ECHL Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
With the influx of draft picks and exciting prospects joining the Canadiens organization, over 90 players have donned the Laval Rocket jersey in the last two years. The staff, including assistant coaches Daniel Jacob, Alexandre Burrows, and Marco Marciano, have developed individual gameplans for each and every player, but there's only so much you can do with a finite number of hours in a day.

The pandemic finally allowed Bouchard and company to take a deep breath, evaluate the last two years, and take stock of the progress from not only the players, but the overall program as well.

-

"I've never been one of those coaches that only focuses on two or three guys," said Bouchard. "That makes no sense to me. They're all my boys. You make individual plans for the player development, but at the end of the day, they all contribute to the team in various ways. If you only focus on a few players, you're doing it wrong."

Developing on the farm

Steve Shutt

Don't Poke the Bear
May 31, 2007
So if the AHL starts up in October and the NHL is delayed until December, will we see most of these guys get some serious development time in Laval for the first couple of months:
  • Kotkieniemi *
  • Evans
  • Poehling
  • Suzuki *
  • Juulsen (w)
  • Hudon (w)
  • Vejdemo
  • Fleury
  • Primeau
  • Lindgren (w)
  • Mete *
  • Romanov
  • Demchenko
Curious if waivers won't be an issue if the AHL/NHL seasons aren't aligned - would be nice to see Juulsen, Hudon, and Lindgren get some more AHL ice time. Also would be awesome for KK, Suzuki, and Mete to dominate at the AHL level to start the season. The rest despite getting some NHL time make sense to start on the Farm

Reactions: Holystik

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
So if the AHL starts up in October and the NHL is delayed until December, will we see most of these guys get some serious development time in Laval for the first couple of months:
  • Kotkieniemi *
  • Evans
  • Poehling
  • Suzuki *
  • Juulsen (w)
  • Hudon (w)
  • Vejdemo
  • Fleury
  • Primeau
  • Lindgren (w)
  • Mete *
  • Romanov
  • Demchenko
Curious if waivers won't be an issue if the AHL/NHL seasons aren't aligned - would be nice to see Juulsen, Hudon, and Lindgren get some more AHL ice time. Also would be awesome for KK, Suzuki, and Mete to dominate at the AHL level to start the season. The rest despite getting some NHL time make sense to start on the Farm
Suzuki dominate in the A? He was maybe the best player on the ice each game this season? AM I crazy or what? He will learn absolutely nothing to play against worst players

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Suzuki and Mete won't be in Laval as no way would the Habs risk them getting injured and Mete wouldn't clear waivers. Juulsen they could look at a conditioning stint but that's only 2 weeks. Don't see them risking waivers there either.

Reactions: Habs Icing

Guilliam

Jul 30, 2010
Montreal
Suzuki and Mete won't be in Laval as no way would the Habs risk them getting injured and Mete wouldn't clear waivers. Juulsen they could look at a conditioning stint but that's only 2 weeks. Don't see them risking waivers there either.

Are we sure that waivers will be applied if the A starts its season while the NHL is still in its offseason?

Steve Shutt

Don't Poke the Bear
May 31, 2007
Are we sure that waivers will be applied if the A starts its season while the NHL is still in its offseason?

Great question - I think the 2012-13 lockout season gives us a good idea. I don't believe any NHL veterans were able to play in the AHL during the lockout. Biggest impact might have been on the CHL with guys like Galchenyuk getting more time in Juniors. For example Lafrenierre might get 20-25 CHL games in the Fall before making the jump to the NHL when the season commences

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
#MyRocketLinesCombo(Update6)

Belzile/Kotkaniemi/Ylonen
RHP/Hillis/Hawel
Teasdale/Dauphin/Poehling
Veilleux/Vigneault/Khisamutdinov

Romanov/Schueneman
Leskinen/Brook
Olofsson/Juulsen

Primeau/McNiven

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
#MyRocketLinesCombo(Update6)

Belzile/Kotkaniemi/Ylonen
RHP/Hillis/Hawel
Teasdale/Dauphin/Poehling
Veilleux/Vigneault/Khisamutdinov

Romanov/Schueneman
Leskinen/Brook
Olofsson/Juulsen

Primeau/McNiven

That 2nd line would get eaten alive. We're missing too much info (signings, who makes the Habs) to make a relevant lineup right now.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
I already saw play some of them (kk, Hudon, Poehling, etc), I have an opinion on them. There a lot of names I know nothing about them.
Maybe there is some players eventually might developp into someting good.

Ylonen, Belzile, RHP, Hillis, Hawel, Teasdale, Varone, Alain, Veilleux, Dauphin, Waked, Leskinen, Olofsson, Lamarche, Khisamutdinov, Schueneman.

What can be the upside of those or what is the thing they are missing to become nhlers?

sorry for poor writing, the computer freeze after tiping 10 caracters, ...:ha:

Last edited:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I already saw play some of them (kk, Hudon, Poehling, etc), I have an opinion on them. There a lot of names I know nothing about them.

Ylonen, Belzile, RHP, Hillis, Hawel, Teasdale, Varone, Alain, Veilleux, Dauphin, Waked, Leskinen, Olofsson, Lamarche, Khisamutdinov, Schueneman.

What can be the upside of those or what is the thing they are missing to become nhlers?

Ylonen and Hillis stand a good chance to be NHLers, how good it's too soon to say.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

Varone is not with the Habs anymore.

Belzile could be a Darche type 4th line winger.

Lamarche has no NHL upside whatsoever.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017

The Laval Rocket (Eastern) and Ontario Reign (Western) have been honored for digital media excellence

PS: Well-merited, they kept us updated throughout this season :thumbu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad