2019-2020 Laval Rocket & ECHL Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Could that mean that we are replacing Vejdemo and Hudon in Laval with younger guns??

Why would they replace Vejdemo? He still has NHL upside.

Hudon, Waked, Luchuk, Blandisi, Lucchini, Cox, Jevpalovs, Lynch and Veilleux are the guys we need to either re-sign or replace.

Hudon

Veilleux
Blandisi
Jevpalovs
Lynch

Cox

Luchuk
Waked

Hawel probably takes Waked or Luchuk spot. If he replaces Vejdemo/Hudon, it's a huge downgrade.

blueberry

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Didn't this Luchuk guy lead the OHL in scoring (115 points or something) just a couple of years ago. He's got to have something you would think. Anybody know what the score is on this guy. What's his problem?

Habitant le colon

Un partisan
Feb 6, 2008
another planet
Why would they replace Vejdemo? He still has NHL upside.

Hudon, Waked, Luchuk, Blandisi, Lucchini, Cox, Jevpalovs, Lynch and Veilleux are the guys we need to either re-sign or replace.

Hudon

Veilleux
Blandisi
Jevpalovs
Lynch

Cox

Luchuk
Waked

Hawel probably takes Waked or Luchuk spot. If he replaces Vejdemo/Hudon, it's a huge downgrade.
ok thank for the update!

angry pirate

Feb 9, 2009
Laval could be very watchable down the stretch next season.

xxx - KK - Ylonen
xxx - Poehling - Caufield

Romonov - Brook
Oulette - Fleury
Harris - Juulsen

Primeau

add in the possibility of a top 10 pick on a pro tryout and a couple of solid AHL vets and we might just have a competent farm team this year.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Laval could be very watchable down the stretch next season.

xxx - KK - Ylonen
xxx - Poehling - Caufield

Romonov - Brook
Oulette - Fleury
Harris - Juulsen

Primeau

add in the possibility of a top 10 pick on a pro tryout and a couple of solid AHL vets and we might just have a competent farm team this year.

They had their rough patches last year for sure. But even last year, they were a lot of fun to watch. That playoff race before they stopped everything was so much fun to follow.

Also, Caufield will be in the NCAA, so no reason to list him on any line-up (even though you have him in italics). Same goes for Harris.

I have a feeling Hudon won't be back (wish he would be), because I can see him on the top line with Kotkaniami and Ylonen. KK and Hudon were real good together.

So if Hudon is back, I'd have my Top-6:

Hudon - Kotkaniemi - Ylonen
Khisamutdinov - Poehling - Belzile

angry pirate

Feb 9, 2009
They had their rough patches last year for sure. But even last year, they were a lot of fun to watch. That playoff race before they stopped everything was so much fun to follow.

Also, Caufield will be in the NCAA, so no reason to list him on any line-up (even though you have him in italics). Same goes for Harris.

I have a feeling Hudon won't be back (wish he would be), because I can see him on the top line with Kotkaniami and Ylonen. KK and Hudon were real good together.

So if Hudon is back, I'd have my Top-6:

Hudon - Kotkaniemi - Ylonen
Khisamutdinov - Poehling - Belzile

Thought I heard Hudon was going to Russia.

I italicized the NCAA guys as it would be conditional on their NCAA seasons ending but in theory they could both turn pro and join Laval for a stretch run into the playoffs.

Hopefully they can sign some real impact making AHL guys to fill out the lineup.

DinosaurBones

Sep 18, 2018
This is what I see to start next season/isn't complete and some names might even be gone

Hudon-KK-Ylonen
Blandisi-Poehling-Belzile
Dauphin-Vejdemo-Khisamutinov
Teasdale-Hillis-Alain
Waked-Pezetta

Oulette-Brook
Alzner-Olofsson
Folin-?

Yes on my lack of faith that Bergevin will do anything to the D I think Fleury and Juulsen are 6/7 RD. Evans starts up imo. (maybe Juulsen gets some games in first, camp might be enough though)

Not all the way up to date with contracts so some of these guys could be gone but this is what I thought. I don't know the rest of the D truthfully.

Primeau as starting goalie, and we'll see what the Russian does and where he starts.

EDIT:
This is how they start the season only

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
The AHL officially cancels the rest of the season.

Laval also makes a statement:

EXvR1PlXsAIIuIl.jpg

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
This is what I see to start next season/isn't complete and some names might even be gone

Hudon-KK-Ylonen
Blandisi-Poehling-Belzile
Dauphin-Vejdemo-Khisamutinov
Teasdale-Hillis-Alain
Waked-Pezetta

Oulette-Brook
Alzner-Olofsson
Folin-?

Waked isn't under contract for next year. Neither are Ouellet and Folin.

The only one I believe will most likely be signed is Ouellet.

You also forget Leskinen on defense.

Reactions: DinosaurBones

DavePeak

What a goal Mann!
Jul 15, 2009
Montreal
Is every team in the AHL owned by their NHL partner? Any team in danger financially because of this early cancellation?

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Is every team in the AHL owned by their NHL partner? Any team in danger financially because of this early cancellation?

No not every team is owned by the NHL team. Most are, but some like the Chicago Wolves, Springfield Thunderbirds, and Charlotte Checkers are independently owned. There may be a few others, too. But I know of those three.

Reactions: DavePeak

habsprospects

Nov 24, 2003
Sherbrooke, QC
habsprospects.com
Those aren't: Charlotte Checkers, Chicago Wolves, Cleveland Monsters, Colorado Eagles, Grand Rapids Griffins, Hershey Bears, Lehigh Valley Phantoms, Milwaukee Admirals, Providence Bruins, Rockford IceHogs, San Antonio Rampage, Springfield Thunderbirds, Syracuse Crunch

Reactions: DavePeak

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Those aren't: Charlotte Checkers, Chicago Wolves, Cleveland Monsters, Colorado Eagles, Grand Rapids Griffins, Hershey Bears, Lehigh Valley Phantoms, Milwaukee Admirals, Providence Bruins, Rockford IceHogs, San Antonio Rampage, Springfield Thunderbirds, Syracuse Crunch

San Antonio was sold. The Vegas Golden Knights purchased them and will relocate them in the Vegas area.

Reactions: habsprospects

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
With Hillis now being signed, next year's Laval should include:

Hillis
Khisamutdinov
Ylönen
Teasdale
Poehling
Brook
Fleury
Primeau
Hawel
Dauphin
Belzile
Olofsson
Leskinen

Kotkaniemi (if he doesn't play NHL right away)
Romanov (if he doesn't play NHL right away)

Vejdemo (needs to be signed)
Evans (needs to be signed and if he doesn't play NHL right away)
Juulsen (needs to be signed and if he doesn't play NHL right away)

Nice looking group.

Reactions: TrapGod Jr
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad