2019-2020 Laval Rocket & ECHL Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Episode #74 (Chump Talk): Featuring Liam Hawel | AHL

“In episode #74 the boys have professional hockey player Liam Hawel join the podcast. Liam just finished up his last season with the Kitchener Rangers in the OHL. Tune into this episode to hear about Liam's journey in the OHL which included a Memorial cup run with the Guelph Storm. Recently Liam has signed a contract with the Montreal Canadiens AHL affiliate, Laval Rocket.”

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Veilleux?

Yup. Idaho Steelheads have him on their roster.

I didn't know any team can add him to their season ending roster. I thought it was the team they played for last in the ECHL. He played for the Kalamazoo Wings last year so I only checked their list.

So here are players who were either on an ELC, AHL/ECHL or on a PTO with Laval last year that is on a season ending rosters:

- Yannick Veilleux (Idaho Steelheads)
- Ralph Cuddemi (Reading Royals)
- Justin Woods (Kansas City Mavericks)
- James Phelan (Adirondack Thunder)
- Garrett Mitchell (Reading Royals)

Out of all of them, only Veilleux was not on a PTO. Although he started on a PTO, he was signed to and finished the season on an AHL deal. And he's also the only one that's on a season ending roster for a team he didn't play for last year. The others are all on the rosters of the teams they played on when they were signed to their PTO.

Other players that were under contract with Montreal/Laval that played in the ECHL last season didn't end up on any season ending rosters: McNiven, Verbeek, Pezzetta, Waked, LaCouvee, Culkin, Adams-Moisan. All of them are free to be sent to any ECHL team if they end up being sent down there next year.

HABitual Fan

May 22, 2007
Yup. Idaho Steelheads have him on their roster.

I didn't know any team can add him to their season ending roster. I thought it was the team they played for last in the ECHL. He played for the Kalamazoo Wings last year so I only checked their list.

So here are players who were either on an ELC, AHL/ECHL or on a PTO with Laval last year that is on a season ending rosters:

- Yannick Veilleux (Idaho Steelheads)
- Ralph Cuddemi (Reading Royals)
- Justin Woods (Kansas City Mavericks)
- James Phelan (Adirondack Thunder)
- Garrett Mitchell (Reading Royals)

Out of all of them, only Veilleux was not on a PTO. Although he started on a PTO, he was signed to and finished the season on an AHL deal. And he's also the only one that's on a season ending roster for a team he didn't play for last year. The others are all on the rosters of the teams they played on when they were signed to their PTO.

Other players that were under contract with Montreal/Laval that played in the ECHL last season didn't end up on any season ending rosters: McNiven, Verbeek, Pezzetta, Waked, LaCouvee, Culkin, Adams-Moisan. All of them are free to be sent to any ECHL team if they end up being sent down there next year.

Going by the rules from the previous year, the rules for protected players do not apply to the ones that started the season under contract to NHL teams, so that is why McNiven,Verbeek,Pezzetta, and Waked are not on any teams. The others were signed to AHL deals prior to the 1st game of the ECHL season so they also are not eligible. The only one was Veilleux who was signed after the season started. So if any of LaCouvee,Culkin or Adams-Moisan are signed by Laval, Laval gets to select where they play in the ECHL, the only player out of team control being Veilleux. Any others signed to AHL or NHL contracts prior to the 1st ECHL game would have their rights retained for this season by the team having them on their list like Veilleux, but not for next season.

ECHL announces Protected Lists

Reactions: Adam Michaels

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
My choice would be the Hockey Fights Cancer jersey. This past November, I went to the PB just to see it live. I'd really like to purchase it...

upload_2020-6-18_10-55-7.png

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
My choice would be the Hockey Fights Cancer jersey. This past November, I went to the PB just to see it live. I'd really like to purchase it...

View attachment 350579

They had auction for signed jerseys at that time, I think some less popular player had very little bids if at all. I remember looking and Vejdemo had 0 bid with 1 day to go.

Thought about it, but ended up not bidding.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
They had auction for signed jerseys at that time, I think some less popular player had very little bids if at all. I remember looking and Vejdemo had 0 bid with 1 day to go.

Thought about it, but ended up not bidding.
Damn, I keep missing their events like nonstop. Always, I'm the last one to be informed and updated of that :laugh:

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Laval Rocket season review: Jake Lucchini made an impression after being acquired

“Lucchini is the kind of player that AHL teams need to be successful. He'll give effort all the time, and in a league where travel is tough, and most players would rather be elsewhere, players like that make your team go. When injuries and call-ups hit, he’s a player who you wouldn’t mind playing anywhere in your lineup.”

We'll see if MB and Bouchard are of the same opinion as Jared Book.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
How would you rate Lucchini?

He was ok. Better than Shinkaruk/Grenier, but won't shed a tear if he's not back. He's not a vet, so he could be a good option for an older player that doesn't count against the 6 vet rule.

Jevpalovs (for one last year since he is 13 games short of 260), Belzile, Cox and Lynch are also in that category and I doubt they will keep all of them. So it all depends on who Bouchard/MB prefer.

Players that will have the vet status next year (if they are back) are Alzner, Ouellet, Hudon, Veilleux, Weise, Blandisi and Dauphin so there's a cut that will happen there as well.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
There'd be the Espace Montmorency (project) near the Place Bell. A modern complex (apartment, bar, coffee shop, hotel, office, restaurant, terrace, etc). Up to 350,000 sq. With 18 floors. It'll be completed in 2022.

This suburd of Laval gonna be a city soon...

upload_2020-6-19_18-13-42.png

Reactions: kevsavard95

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
I though about a scenario (nearly future). Could we sign players from Laval-Montreal Rousseau Royal (QMAAA) and send them to Trois Rivieres (ECHL)?

Tell me if that's possible or impossible.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
The player has to be 18 y-o to sign an ECHL contract.
That's good to know :thumbu:

I'd like a partnership with the Quebec Midget AAA. There are many talents in this league. Especially from these areas: Blainville, Laval, Mirabel, Saint-Eustache, Terrebonne, etc...

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Nikita Jevpalovs

Any word on him for next year yet? Numbers seemed rather mediocre as a 25-year-old on an AHL contract but the Rocket weren't all that high scoring of a team last year.

Curious about the state of his all-around game.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Nikita Jevpalovs

Any word on him for next year yet? Numbers seemed rather mediocre as a 25-year-old on an AHL contract but the Rocket weren't all that high scoring of a team last year.

Curious about the state of his all-around game.
A reliable fourth liner. Averaging 10 goals and assists per season. That's not bad imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad