Speculation: 2018 Off-season Thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
The NHL has always been the worst of the major sports in the USA at marketing their game. No surprise they didn't try to market that alumni game. They should be using camp and scrimmages to get people interested too. Look how many people went to the free rookie game last year. That was fun and Westgate was packed and they didn't do anything other than announce it as free.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
The NHL has always been the worst of the major sports in the USA at marketing their game. No surprise they didn't try to market that alumni game. They should be using camp and scrimmages to get people interested too. Look how many people went to the free rookie game last year. That was fun and Westgate was packed and they didn't do anything other than announce it as free.
The coyotes blow so many chances like the alumni game, it's really sad.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Glad we kicked the tires. It'd be foolish not to ask in that context. I wonder if that doesn't bite you a bit when/if Botterill calls Rutherford and tells him he's close to cracking Chayka on whatever they are working on. Might be why Pittsburgh was so "surprised" when Domi got traded.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
I have a feeling we were going to obtain Shery and whoever, with Domi and send them and another piece for ROR. Chayka says something about a player not working because its part of the Penguins deal though...

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Man that was cool. I for some reason feel better about the Hayton pick. I wonder what serious discussions we were having with Pittsburgh might have affected who we could potentially give up to get ROR?

Interesting that Buffalo ended up acquiring Sheary anyway...
Chayka has repeatedly said "stick with the plan" and he has. That is good news as you build a team through the draft. I'm happy we didn't trade a kid or two for a Kessel type player.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Glad we kicked the tires. It'd be foolish not to ask in that context. I wonder if that doesn't bite you a bit when/if Botterill calls Rutherford and tells him he's close to cracking Chayka on whatever they are working on. Might be why Pittsburgh was so "surprised" when Domi got traded.
I don’t think it bites. It’s not zero sum. They’re working together to get something done. Obviously representing their own interests but it serves them all to grease the gears rather than stall things.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Were we picking Tkachuk if he was available at 5?

Only reported draft prospect in for an Arizona visit
Lots of Tkachuk talk and highlighting of his strengths during the video
Chayka surprised Ottawa took him.

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017

Seems possible to me. They also thought Tkachuk had more offensive upside than he's shown. A small part of me was hoping to hear some of their thoughts on other players around where we were drafting. Perhaps they left them out because it wasn't all positive and they don't want to put anything out there that's negative or "controversial" ha.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH

I got the same impression. But then he makes the comments about Hayton's combine performance (which I will presume includes the interviews) and I'm not so sure then.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I got the same impression. But then he makes the comments about Hayton's combine performance (which I will presume includes the interviews) and I'm not so sure then.

Maybe it's a fluke of the video editing, but it sure does give the impression that Tkachuk was our guy, immediately followed by Hayton, on Chayka's wishlist.

Reactions: johnchayka89

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
In the draft video Chayka mentioned Hayton tore up the combine. I could only find the top 10 for each category, but Hayton was only on one list. Bahl was on quite a few though.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
New scoreboard rumored to be installed at GRA early Sept.
About time. I think it was you who said a couple of years ago that you could see the Yotes staying at GRA. If the team starts to win and the attendance goes up, they might decide to stay there for the foreseeable future.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad