Speculation: 2018 Off-season Thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Interested to see if that parking policy affects the South side of Tanger. Those of us who scramble to make games on time wouldn't find the voucher an incentive, unless if that voucher doesn't have to be used that day.

Disclosure: I've never paid to park at Westgate. If I feel like parking close I park in the Renaissance garage. Premium egress to the 101 south.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Interested to see if that parking policy affects the South side of Tanger. Those of us who scramble to make games on time wouldn't find the voucher an incentive, unless if that voucher doesn't have to be used that day.

Disclosure: I've never paid to park at Westgate. If I feel like parking close I park in the Renaissance garage. Premium egress to the 101 south.

That's a good point and I didn't think about it. I wouldn't be surprised if it was only valid for that day, but it could be used after the game instead of before it instead, perhaps. Of course, that personally wouldn't have helped me back when I had season tickets and was living in Mesa because I worked at 7 or 8 the next morning (call center job, hours were based on assuming DST, hence Arizona workers had their work hours change by an hour when DST started or ended) so I didn't necessarily want to stick around after a game.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Disagree. Roenick was the best we ever had but the guys behind him aren't in the same class imo. The other one maybe if Kolanos didn't get his brains scrambled. I'm talking 4 deep now and overall talent. We have a 24 year old 30 goal scorer, a consistent 50 point 2-way, a 22 year old 2-way with lots of growth potential and a 20 year old #3 overall pick that's dominated at ever level except the NHL.

96-97
Roenick 72GP 29g 69P
Janney 77GP 53P
Ronning 69GP 19G 51P

They all topped 50pts the next year as well.

Ronning and Janney were both legitimate 2C options. Neither Galchenyuk or Stepan are as good as Roenick. Stepan is definitely better than Janney. Give me Ronning over Dvorak until Dvorak shows more. Corkum was better than peak Richardson.

Could our current group surpass that? Yeah, if everything goes exceptionally. Have they? No.

Reactions: CC96 and Yandover

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
Production quality was pretty good in that video.

"There's a coyote in all of us." Is that the marketing slogan for this season?

Tad Mikowski

Hail to the King Baby
Sponsor
May 31, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Production quality was pretty good in that video.

"There's a coyote in all of us." Is that the marketing slogan for this season?

I'm pretty sure it's "Our Pack".

That's a really smart video by the marketing team. Integrating the boom in youth hockey here and tying it to the team is a great thing to get more kids excited about hockey. I'd like to see them air that on TV

SpaceCoyote

Jul 10, 2013
Wasting away
Don't know if I heard this, is Nick Merkley injured? Just noticing he is not in the lineups but he was on the training camp roster.

EDIT: Found it, still rehabing from knee surgery. Wonder what his time table is.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Don't know if I heard this, is Nick Merkley injured? Just noticing he is not in the lineups but he was on the training camp roster.

EDIT: Found it, still rehabing from knee surgery. Wonder what his time table is.

Hasn't he been injured every years since like the year before his draft year? You see clips of his play and get excited then realize he's out again.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Sort of figured that. Funny I didn’t see any official notice though. He was on the list posted by the NHL beat guy in Montreal.

I'm sure those in the other teams who decides this not is affected by our comments here, but I think the right plan should be to only talk warmly about players on waivers if you hope someone will grab them:naughty:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad