Speculation: 2018 Off-season Thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
We will have a couple that roll forward and Langenhammer we will till his rights for a few years in the event he ever wants to come back to nhl.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
48 still runs us a little tight. Archibald + AHLer for other AHLer gives us a little more breathing room.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I think he'll be an early cut at camp in order to sneak him through. He'll probably still be injured too.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I'm not sure if they have actual sources or are just speculating, but this nhl.com article (Coyotes optimistic after Galchenyuk, Grabner additions, strong finish) says Chucky will play 2C and Grabner will be on the third line. Based on that what do we think of?

Panik Stepan Keller
Perlini Chucky Stroz
Cousins Dvo Grabner
Crouse Strome Fischer
Richie

Oel Demers
Chychrun Hammer
Goose kconn/Lyabushkin/Oesterle

Raanta
Kuemper

Is stroz more of a finisher or playmaker? Ideally we'd have a playmaker at rw since Perlini is a shooter, and Chucky seems to be more of a shooter over a playmaker as well. Could flip Stroz and Keller if Chucky ends up looking really good at center and have that be our 1st line.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I'm not sure if they have actual sources or are just speculating, but this nhl.com article (Coyotes optimistic after Galchenyuk, Grabner additions, strong finish) says Chucky will play 2C and Grabner will be on the third line. Based on that what do we think of?

Panik Stepan Keller
Perlini Chucky Stroz
Cousins Dvo Grabner
Crouse Strome Fischer
Richie

Oel Demers
Chychrun Hammer
Goose kconn/Lyabushkin/Oesterle

Raanta
Kuemper

Is stroz more of a finisher or playmaker? Ideally we'd have a playmaker at rw since Perlini is a shooter, and Chucky seems to be more of a shooter over a playmaker as well. Could flip Stroz and Keller if Chucky ends up looking really good at center and have that be our 1st line.
Hinostroza is a playmaker.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Here is to another season of Tyson talking about Stopping greased BB's, pepperoni pizza, his nose and jockstraps hanging from the ceiling.

It gets even worse when the kidcaster is on. I feel bad for complaining because I have this hunch when my little one is old enough to do it, she'll want to get in on it. Then I'm going to be offended when rt mutes his TV when my daughter is on. haha

We just need Todd to go on another racial rampage and get canned. If we can start there, I'd say this is the best offseason EVER.

Reactions: CC96 and Kyle003p

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Someone actually asked this...... :laugh:

Source: Puck Daddy Bag of Mail: Chiarelli showing restraint?

Christine asks: “Could a top college hockey program win a game against the Arizona Coyotes?”

This is like that old “Could Kentucky beat the Sacramento Kings?” question.

The answer is kinda the same: Almost certainly not. Hockey’s fairly random and the Miracle on Ice is a perfect example of the randomness of a single game between a relatively weak club and one of the world’s best. I can assure you that even if you think the Coyotes are the worst NHL team by a mile, they’re significantly better than virtually every other professional hockey team on earth. At absolute worst, they’re like 34th-best in the world.

But let’s put it this way: In a seven-game series, the Coyotes would annihilate even the best college team. It might not be a sweep but the college team would be lucky to win more than once.

While almost all good college teams have guys who could absolutely be effective in the NHL right away, the extent to which their best starting lineup — probably Clayton Keller, Derek Stepan, Richard Panik, Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Jason Demers, and Antti Raanta — is better than, say, Minnesota-Duluth’s top group is obscene.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
A lot of people followed the early horrible losing streak and the memes. They didn't stick around for the 2nd half and can't be bothered to look at the standings. If Raanta is healthy and stays in form, everyone will be 'shocked' by the turnaround when it's about what we expected.

Kyle003p

Dec 17, 2007
Peoria, Il
The first half of the coyotes season is what happens when you change coach/system and have virtually zero practice time due to scheduling. A lot of people are underestimating the impact of this. The second half coyotes are more indicative of the team, I think we are going to surprise a lot of people this year.

Reactions: kbay and doaner

cobra427

May 6, 2012
The first half of the coyotes season is what happens when you change coach/system and have virtually zero practice time due to scheduling. A lot of people are underestimating the impact of this. The second half coyotes are more indicative of the team, I think we are going to surprise a lot of people this year.
I hope you are correct. I think our D core being injured, lack of consistent goal tending, many young players, and Tocc trying to make our team play like Pitt is the combination that killed us first 20 games. Tocc changed his strategy at the 20-25 game mark, our D eventually got healthy and Raanta was lights out the last 30 games, and our record improved.

Our key this year is Raanta playing well and not being injured, we need 60 games out of him at a high level. we can't expect Vezina quality like the last 20 games, but he needs to be a top 10 goal tender. Also, our D core , which I think is very good, needs to stay healthy. Our Pk needs to be top 10 also and our PP needs to at least be mid pack. If our D and goal tending can keep our GAA down, we have a playoff shot. It is still too early to know if we turn it around like Colorado, 90-100 points, or wind up a 75-85 point team with just a slight improvement, or somehow be a 70 point team again (I don't see that this year). We are due for a better then expected year.

Some of the young players will have good years and others will regress, again, just too hard to say, it's the nature of young players, they lack consistency. I wouldn't count on young guys making major improvements as a key to our success. Strome could be a 50 point 2C this year or a bust and still in the AHL, or somewhere in between, its anyones guess, 50/50 shot of either.

It should be a fun year with lots of hope, I'm looking forward to it:)

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
My line combination ms would consist of:

Keller - Step - Panik
Perlini - Galchenyuk - Grabner
Hinostroza - Dvorak - Fischer
Cousins - Strome - Crouse
Richardson

All of those lines aside from Strome and Crouse are all NHL players, for once.

My oh my Chyka has done good with whatbhes been given.

FinnishCoyote

Jan 3, 2017
My line combination ms would consist of:

Keller - Step - Panik
Perlini - Galchenyuk - Grabner
Hinostroza - Dvorak - Fischer
Cousins - Strome - Crouse
Richardson

All of those lines aside from Strome and Crouse are all NHL players, for once.

My oh my Chyka has done good with whatbhes been given.

My would be same, but swap Grabner and Hinostroza

Reactions: Antonche and rt

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
They didn't stick around for the 2nd half and can't be bothered to look at the standings.

You'd think Buffalo holding on to their #1 odds and winning Dahlin would be a pretty big clue but apparently not :laugh:
I would understand if they didn't realize we actually leaped Ottawa though, hell I forget that half the time.

Reactions: kbay
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad