GDT: 2018 Free Agent Frenzy, coverage now on TSN/Sportsnet/NHL Network

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Yeah Toronto's defense sucks but they won't have to play much with Tavares and Matthews.

And of course within division.

barf, hopefully they at least have to move one of Nylander/Marner now and Tavares has an insane cap hit.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Toronto has 2 #1C and a #2C. Pretty ridiculous forward group. Hopefully they have cap problems with an 11 AAV.

Wish Tallon would make another big move after they got JT but we're likely done.

Reactions: A1LeafNation

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
I'm not so convinced about the Leafs. They are losing a ton of depth. They'll be a bubble team.

Also Boston will take a step back and NJ was trending down half a season after an incredible start. Philly isn't anything special either.

I guess what I'm saying is everyone else sucks.
They were better anyways. Now they definitely are with JT. But as noted, the bottom of the East is trash and Florida should be better than one of NJD or Philly. 3 of NJD, Fla, Cbj and Philly make it. No one else is even con. tending

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
They were better anyways. Now they definitely are with JT. But as noted, the bottom of the East is trash and Florida should be better than one of NJD or Philly. 3 of NJD, Fla, Cbj and Philly make it. No one else is even con. tending

Now the Leafs are better but I thought Tavares goes to SJ.

Toronto still has a depth problem in the bottom six and the defense is very average.

But either way this sucks big time.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Now the Leafs are better but I thought Tavares goes to SJ.

Toronto still has a depth problem in the bottom six and the defense is very average.

But either way this sucks big time.
Yeah only good thing out of this because **** it’s gonna be hard to contain those guys.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
The Problem will come next season, already this Season.
Matthews will ask McDavid money, Nylander asking money plays also a big Fact and then Marner, with another huge Season will ask the same price.
And from there own Leafs will have Cap Problem.

Alone Tavres 11
Mattews maybe 10-11
Marner 4-6
Nylander 6-8

That makes 33-40 Million on 4 Players on 79,5 Cap. Congrats

Breaking Dadonov

Jan 25, 2018
Toronto gets Tavares. This is what you call going all in. They already have a very good
Top 6 and just made it elite. Anyone still against making another addition to our top 6? Toronto just took a big leap ahead of us, Tampa is still ahead of us as well as Boston. We need to keep pace and make another addition.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
The Problem will come next season, already this Season.
Matthews will ask McDavid money, Nylander asking money plays also a big Fact and then Marner, with another huge Season will ask the same price.
And from there own Leafs will have Cap Problem.

Alone Tavres 11
Mattews maybe 10-11
Marner 4-6
Nylander 6-8

That makes 33-40 Million on 4 Players on 79,5 Cap. Congrats

I see Marner getting $6 million minimum and he may get matching deals with Nylander who's basically confirmed to be a winger going forward now with JT signing there.
No way Nylander gets above $7 million.

Leafs plan on winning games 5-4, 6-5, 7-6 every game I guess.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

IceKitties

Dec 31, 2017
Florida
Man I'm not happy about Tavares joining our division. Still have nightmares of when he basically carried his team against us in the 2016 playoffs. Sure it's still likely we make the playoffs this year, but I'm not sure how far we can get when we'll most likely have to play TOR, TB, or whoever wins the Metro division.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Yikes. Panthers need to respond to the Tavares move.
The worst thing FLA could do is a knee-jerk reaction and overpaying for someone. You don't answer to a 1C hand picking to sign with his childhood team.

Besides it's one player. Yes, Tavares is a really good player, but how much does one player really help when the playoffs roll around? This move doesn't address their d-men problems, arguably it makes the problem worse since they're gonna have so much money tied up to their forwards.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad