GDT: 2018 Free Agent Frenzy, coverage now on TSN/Sportsnet/NHL Network

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
I first thought Habs end up buying out Mason, but they don't have time since Mason would have to go through waivers (24h) first and the buyout deadline is 5pm today. Retain 50% and flip Mason to another team, or possibly swapping bad contracts with the same term left?

Armia hasn't been given a proper chance in Winnipeg, he'll at least be a decent middle6 scorer for them. Potential is there to crack the top6.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Andy Strickland just tweeted that Sateri not coming back to Panthers (I think we knew that) and that he’ll likely be staying in the East.

I would assume he found a team willing to give him a backup role.

Dnigly13

Jun 21, 2017
Andy Strickland just tweeted that Sateri not coming back to Panthers (I think we knew that) and that he’ll likely be staying in the East.

I would assume he found a team willing to give him a backup role.
I have a feeling we will regret this.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica

Perron has had some decent seasons, but last year was definent lightning in a bottle. He is not a PPG forward, and someone is gonna overpay for him again, like EDM did to pry him out of STL in the first place. Dont blame LV for not betting on that twice.

Hickey is interesting with the Capuano link.

Killed us in that playoff series, with a GWG if I am not mistaken.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
I first thought Habs end up buying out Mason, but they don't have time since Mason would have to go through waivers (24h) first and the buyout deadline is 5pm today. Retain 50% and flip Mason to another team, or possibly swapping bad contracts with the same term left?

Armia hasn't been given a proper chance in Winnipeg, he'll at least be a decent middle6 scorer for them. Potential is there to crack the top6.
Looks to me like MTL realized they are not getting any help via FA, and are willing to eat some cash for a promising younger forward.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA

Reactions: Chaos2k7

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Perron has had some decent seasons, but last year was definent lightning in a bottle. He is not a PPG forward, and someone is gonna overpay for him again, like EDM did to pry him out of STL in the first place. Dont blame LV for not betting on that twice.

Hickey is interesting with the Capuano link.

Killed us in that playoff series, with a GWG if I am not mistaken.

I have long wanted Perron (especially after watching him with Getzlaf).

I don't think he will get overpaid, but he will comfortably get around 4.5 to 5.5.

I think teams will be wary of his stat line (16 goals 55 assists).

That doesnt get him overpaid imo.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
I have long wanted Perron (especially after watching him with Getzlaf).

I don't think he will get overpaid, but he will comfortably get around 4.5 to 5.5.

I think teams will be wary of his stat line (16 goals 55 assists).

That doesnt get him overpaid imo.
Perron was bought out on a smaller contract not a couple years ago. He is serviceable, but. not what we need.

Would also push Big Nick out of the top six. The HF servers may crash with outcry.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica

MTL does have cash to spend, and no chance at drawing any UFAs to that tire fire.

Pretty satisfying how far they have fallen in the last couple seasons.

They should trade Carey Price and start the rebuild in earnest.

Sorry @BB88, but Boston is coming soon too. Cant wait.

BUF and DET in perputal rebuilds and OTT and MTL tire fires, and TOR already up against the cap with a suspect D and G situation. What a time to be alive.

Damn you Steve Yzerman, lol.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Your forgetting Mamin and sceviour. Both should be fixtures on the 4th line and PK.

Was gonna post this.. Mamin-Scevariour in place of McGinn and Haley. Haley rotated in and out again

Let's be real. MacKenzie wont be moved / scractched.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Perron was bought out on a smaller contract not a couple years ago. He is serviceable, but. not what we need.

Would also push Big Nick out of the top six. The HF servers may crash with outcry.

He would provide another body for the PK.

But no, not at over 4m a year. He would be nice on the 3rd with Vatrano and Borg. But then Malgin would be out.

We need D more than anything though.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
MTL does have cash to spend, and no chance at drawing any UFAs to that tire fire.

Pretty satisfying how far they have fallen in the last couple seasons.

They should trade Carey Price and start the rebuild in earnest.

Sorry @BB88, but Boston is coming soon too. Cant wait.

BUF and DET in perputal rebuilds and OTT and MTL tire fires, and TOR already up against the cap with a suspect D and G situation. What a time to be alive.

Damn you Steve Yzerman, lol.

Thank you for your concerns :)

Marchand- Pasta
DeBrusk- Donato
Heinen- Bjork
Frederic- Senyshyn

Krug- McAvoy
Vaakanainen- Carlo
Grzelcyk- Zboril
Lauzon.

Ignorin Bergeron, Chara, Rask.
Boston looks like it's going to hit rock bottom soon.

Carolina probably, they are desperate for a backup.

Bet on Lehner, they want someone better than Darling and Lehner's the best UFA option.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad