Prospect Info: [ 2018 - 71st] Jordan Harris (NCAA - Northeastern University)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Great news for a prospect pool when a young freshman Dman is quietly having a good season and no one talks about it, an other 2 assist tonight for 11pts in 33 games! kid is still 18 year old!

Heres his 2 pass tonight, Second one is pretty nuts, Quick hands in tight space!

Wow that was nifty. Kid's got serious mitts

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I've been saying he's a top 10 prospect for us for sure. What's so impressive is that he's undersized, had just turned 18 3 months before the season started, playing on his off-side, has been on the top pairing all year and yet in 33 games he's been a minus player only 4 times. I know the plus minus stat isn't valued but in context of what I just just posted above, to be even or plus in 29 of 33 games this year and 2 of the 4 happened early in the season, so he's only been a minus player 2 of his last 25 games.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I know it's plus minus and all but Harris sitting at a +21 in 36 games while playing on the top pairing. Has only been a minus in 4 games this year and 2 of them were early on, in his last 28 games he's been a minus player just 2 times. That's ****ing impressive. What a find by the scouts imo.

I think the Habs scouts have a knack for finding defensemen and goalies, even in later rounds or undrafted ones. I think they've done better with the forwards of late. But defensemen and goalies, for the most part, they know what they're doing.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
He's a smooth operator out there. His question mark in his draft year was hockey sense (hard to gauge when you are drafting out of the league he's drafted out of) but I haven't seen those flags at the higher level.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
so he played on the top pairing as a freshman on his weak side? That's pretty impressive. Didn't know that. Nice to have another Larry David in the system who seems to have some solid upside.

yes he's almost always at RD, in the playoffs they seemed to cut back his ice time a little, not sure why cause he played well in every game. What a season he had, the production wasn't great with just 1 goal but for a guy that got almost zero PP time, what's impressive is how much poise he has for a kid that just turned 18 3 months before the season started and yet was on the top pairing all year. His numbers should be much higher next year as he should be a regular on the PP. He's so much like Mete imo.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
“It's been good. I'm just happy to be able to contribute to the team... I trust in our team and our ability to do well. It was definitely a bit of an adjustment coming from high school. The speed, the way we play... The coaches have been great with their support and always sharing their knowledge. It's been good... My teammates have been great. I've talked to some of the older guys and they've given some great advice on how to go through your daily routine. Know that it's a long season and try not to get too high or too low. In Northeastern, I couldn't ask for a better place or team to step right into... School is important to me, definitely... I think eventually I want to get my degree. That's something that means a good amount... The plan right now is stay at school as long as Montreal wants me there...”

“I'd say understanding the game as a whole, mentally... The college game is more team-oriented and just understanding what's expected of you as a player at a higher level. In high school, it's not as system-oriented. You've had to focus on the smaller details. That's been one thing that's stuck out to me. Like making sure you're doing every little detail to the best of your capabilities. Like 100% of the time and just being diligent throughout 60 minutes of games...”

“It was really cool winning the Beanpot... Especially growing up in Massachusetts and watching it myself as a kid. It was definitely really exciting... My family and I would always go to college games when I was young. The Beanpot was definitely on our list of games to see during the year. A little. I was just happy to contribute to the game. It definitely settled me in a little bit to the game. It was nice to get on the scoreboard as a team. It was a little bit of a confidence-booster, for sure...”

“Playing at TD Garden was definitely really special... I would say it was definitely the most people I've played in front of at this point... So far, yes, definitely. Especially with all the students from my school who came out. I definitely noticed it when we got out there. It didn't really hit me until at the game or even the next day. Before the game, you're just focused on what you've to do. It doesn't really hit you then... But looking back on the pictures and some of the videos the next day I was like: wow, it's kind of crazy to be in that position finally.”

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
yes he's almost always at RD, in the playoffs they seemed to cut back his ice time a little, not sure why cause he played well in every game. What a season he had, the production wasn't great with just 1 goal but for a guy that got almost zero PP time, what's impressive is how much poise he has for a kid that just turned 18 3 months before the season started and yet was on the top pairing all year. His numbers should be much higher next year as he should be a regular on the PP. He's so much like Mete imo.
Is Harris a LD or RD?

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Is Harris a LD or RD?

He's a LD that spent most of the year at RD because their top D Davies was a LD. Every now and then he would get a shift or two at LD. Now that Davies is gone to sign with NJ, we'll see what the plan is for him, he should see a bigger role for sure as I did not understand why he saw so little time on the PP. Yes he's very much like Mete so he doesn't have a big shot at all but he's smart and can move the puck well. I think he's got some decent offensive skills so hopefully with PP time he can get 20-25 pts next year.

Reactions: TatTar

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
“Hearing my name called at the 2018’s NHL Entry Draft? A little nervous, for sure...You go through the teams and your interviews and try to think about what connections you’ve. You definitely feel the nerves. It was a whirlwind. It’s a tremendous honor to be drafted by a team like Montreal with its past. I’m extremely grateful... I had seen their scouts at games and stuff. But I didn’t know the extent to which they were interested. But it’s an honour coming here and being part of this organization... It’s very special. We always went to Bruins games and stuff like that and I follow them during the season a little bit. So coming here was kind of funny... I got some stuff going with my buddies.”

“I honestly don’t really have a timeline for making the NHL, I just want to get as good as I can and continue training. Whatever Montreal thinks, hopefully it’s good feedback from them. But there’s no specific timeline that I’ve in mind... You definitely see more defencemen having success at my size. Just the speed of the game and the skill involved today, you see more opportunity compared to say 10 years ago.”

“My skating? It’s always just been a comfort thing. I think it adds a little more mobility in my ankles. How did I learn to skate like that? I don’t know... I like to think I’ve always been a pretty good skater. I worked a lot at it. I’ve skated with Kim Brandvold (Boston Bruins’ skills and skating coach) at Merrimack College. I’ve worked a lot of hours at it... My game is built all around my skating... I like to keep tight gaps and create turnovers and transition the puck. Break out the puck and join in the offence.”

“Coaches always preach it to keep your head up. It’s something I’ve worked at... I don’t really notice it now... It’s just kind of how I’ve always played... Coaches have drilled that into my had since a young age.”

“My decision to go to Northeastern? There’s a few factors... It’s a Boston school and I kind of grew up watching them. I like their playing style, for sure... They definitely like the D to join the offence and like to play at a quick space. They’re led by great coaches and that was definitely a huge factor. They’re a school that’s coming up.”

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Will be interesting to see him at development camp against players his own age - and see if we can get a glimpse into whether or not the hype on these boards is warranted or not.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I know it's plus minus and all but Harris sitting at a +21 in 36 games while playing on the top pairing. Has only been a minus in 4 games this year and 2 of them were early on, in his last 28 games he's been a minus player just 2 times. That's ****ing impressive. What a find by the scouts imo.

+/- does mean something contrary to how some think it's useless. If it was useless, they would not track the stat. You definitely can get a feel of how the player performs when you compare his +/- to the entire team. Only 2 guys with a - who didn't play all year. So this tells me their entire team was good defensively and Harris was one of the reasons why

ttz0RCE.jpg

Reactions: Acadien86

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
We have a few grade B guys that can surprise. Ikonen, Ylonen, Harris, McShane, Oloffson to name a few

We have a good prospect pool but as of today, Harris and Ylonen are a tier above these guys on my ranking. Ikonen can still surprise. Oloffson and McShane have flaws that lower their ceiling: McShane's skating and Oloffsson's offensive IQ. But they're still really young and can improve on those, hopefully.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad