Prospect Info: [ 2018 - 71st] Jordan Harris (NCAA - Northeastern University)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
hahahaha. I'm actually a big Peterson fan *gulp*. I liked the first few Harris podcasts that I heard but hearing him talk race with Lowry was pretty cringe-y. He is incredibly smug and has mile long blind spots but I can still appreciate him. You can say similar things about Peterson.

I still think the positives greatly outweigh the negatives. I won't say 'cherry pick' but you can focus on the negative things and make both men look pretty bad or intellectual frauds while not even being that unreasonable. I feel like I could steel man a Peterson critic quite well. Could possibly do a better job than many of them but I still think it's amazing what he's done. I really think he's helped people. A LOT of people.

God this is a defensive post hahaha. I just couldn't quite go along with the joke without qualifying that I like both (much bigger fan of JP). But yes very white lol. I just hope this post gets deleted to put me out of my eventual misery.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
hahahaha. I'm actually a big Peterson fan *gulp*. I liked the first few Harris podcasts that I heard but hearing him talk race with Lowry was pretty cringe-y. He is incredibly smug and has mile long blind spots but I can still appreciate him. You can say similar things about Peterson.

I still think the positives greatly outweigh the negatives. I won't say 'cherry pick' but you can focus on the negative things and make both men look pretty bad or intellectual frauds while not even being that unreasonable. I feel like I could steel man a Peterson critic quite well. Could possibly do a better job than many of them but I still think it's amazing what he's done. I really think he's helped people. A LOT of people.

God this is a defensive post hahaha. I just couldn't quite go along with the joke without qualifying that I like both (much bigger fan of JP). But yes very white lol. I just hope this post gets deleted to put me out of my eventual misery.

Are you done?

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
watched a game from 2-17-18 vs Cushing, KUA won 4-1. No pts for Harris but he had a good game. Was on the top pairing wearing the A and his D partner wore the C. He was aggressive in his pinches, only got caught once or twice and for the most part played a mistake free game. Great skating, mobility, looks like he can move the puck well. Didn't get to see him try to shoot much but he did put up impressive numbers although I don't know much about the N.H. prep league as I don't believe it's as strong as the CT prep league where guys like Higgins, Mac Bennett played.

Clearly he's got skills or else Northeastern would of had him play in the USHL next year as he's small/skinny so it's going to be very interesting to see how he handles himself when facing the BU's, BC's, Providence.

Reactions: Chris Cutter

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
watched a game from 2-17-18 vs Cushing, KUA won 4-1. No pts for Harris but he had a good game. Was on the top pairing wearing the A and his D partner wore the C. He was aggressive in his pinches, only got caught once or twice and for the most part played a mistake free game. Great skating, mobility, looks like he can move the puck well. Didn't get to see him try to shoot much but he did put up impressive numbers although I don't know much about the N.H. prep league as I don't believe it's as strong as the CT prep league where guys like Higgins, Mac Bennett played.

Clearly he's got skills or else Northeastern would of had him play in the USHL next year as he's small/skinny so it's going to be very interesting to see how he handles himself when facing the BU's, BC's, Providence.

I love that the 3 US college players that we picked this last draft are all pretty intriguing even though they were some of the ones we were most lukewarm on at the draft. Harris and Gorniak seem legit. Stapley seems like a long shot but at least he's a skilled one.

On paper this is probably one of the best drafts I've seen us have, merely looking at quantity and quality of upside. Tons of real talent. You just can't help but think at least a few hit.

Reactions: Chris Cutter

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
watched another game from 1-10-18, they won 3-0. Not sure if he had an assist on the 1st goal, don't think so as he was in on it but his teammate was pushed into the goalie from behind and I never saw how it went in. The games are kind of like watching the development camp games, since it's just one person with a camera standing around the center ice.

They must rotate who wears letters as this game Harris didn't have the A and his D partner didn't have the C when the did in the game I watched yesterday from a month later. It was 3-0 final, Harris played well, had a chance to score on a 2 on 1 but he flubbed the shot and later that shift he had a wrist shot from far out along the boards but missed the goal by a good bit. You can see he likes to be aggressive and pinch, not that he had any issues on defense but looks like he wants to be apart of the offense. Moves the puck well, has the skating, speed, mobility.

Reactions: Belial

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
watched the 1st period of the season opener. First the good news, holy shit they put him on the top pairing, that's crazy for an kid that turned 18 a few months ago. They must really like him as Northeastern could be one of the top teams in the Hockey East conference this year. They also had him on the PP and PK, he was moving really well out there and seemed to have a lot of confidence as he was jumping in down low in his 1st period ever of NCAA hockey. That was impressive to see.

The bad news, he had a turnover in his own end which led to the only goal. I couldn't see if it was Primeau's fault, I was trying to focus more on Harris since I don't know too much about him. While he looks a little undersized, he looks a little bigger then I remember him at the development camp.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
watched the 1st period of the season opener. First the good news, holy **** they put him on the top pairing, that's crazy for an kid that turned 18 a few months ago. They must really like him as Northeastern could be one of the top teams in the Hockey East conference this year. They also had him on the PP and PK, he was moving really well out there and seemed to have a lot of confidence as he was jumping in down low in his 1st period ever of NCAA hockey. That was impressive to see.

The bad news, he had a turnover in his own end which led to the only goal. I couldn't see if it was Primeau's fault, I was trying to focus more on Harris since I don't know too much about him. While he looks a little undersized, he looks a little bigger then I remember him at the development camp.
I'm not all that surprised, his coach spoke very highly of him from the get-go. You rarely see that with a freshman, you could see he had plans for the kid.

Reactions: montreal

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
watched the 1st period of the season opener. First the good news, holy **** they put him on the top pairing, that's crazy for an kid that turned 18 a few months ago. They must really like him as Northeastern could be one of the top teams in the Hockey East conference this year. They also had him on the PP and PK, he was moving really well out there and seemed to have a lot of confidence as he was jumping in down low in his 1st period ever of NCAA hockey. That was impressive to see.

Thanks for this. Was it Cowan who was big on him at summer camp? Some Hab beat writer was.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
forgot to add that he's playing his off-side as well at RD. They seem to have taken him off the 2nd PP unit perhaps because he had another turnover but I bet he's back on at some point as he seems to have some offensive skills and wants to jump in the on the rush as he had a nice chance in a give and go but his teammate got pulled down which turned into a PP.

He was on the ice for a goal for, I don't think he got an assist but at least he was even on the night. There was another goal against but I missed it as I was flipping back with the Laval game.

Thanks for this. Was it Cowan who was big on him at summer camp? Some Hab beat writer was.

I do remember someone from the media saying something but I'd have to go back and read either this thread or perhaps the development camp thread.

Reactions: Mrb1p

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
should have his 1st career assist, he knocked the puck down and passed it over but it looked like the pass was deflected by the defensemen and it went right to an open Northeastern player who put it home so I'm not sure if they will credit him with the assist or not. He's been on the ice for 2 of the 3 goals for Northeastern.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
should have his 1st career assist, he knocked the puck down and passed it over but it looked like the pass was deflected by the defensemen and it went right to an open Northeastern player who put it home so I'm not sure if they will credit him with the assist or not. He's been on the ice for 2 of the 3 goals for Northeastern.

Very nice puck carry on that play. He made it look easy.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
nice poise for a young Dman in his first NCAA game...

I've watched a lot of NCAA hockey over the years, that was very impressive for a recently turned 18 year old to be on the top pairing and he looked so comfortable out there. Going to see a lot of him and Primeau since his team's home games are streamed for free.

Primeau with the win, 5-2 the final, although it was against a pretty weak team but still glad to see them get the win.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
I've watched a lot of NCAA hockey over the years, that was very impressive for a recently turned 18 year old to be on the top pairing and he looked so comfortable out there. Going to see a lot of him and Primeau since his team's home games are streamed for free.

Primeau with the win, 5-2 the final, although it was against a pretty weak team but still glad to see them get the win.

have you watched some poehling? can't see current time update on their site...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad