Prospect Info: [ 2018 - 71st] Jordan Harris (NCAA - Northeastern University)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LastRide

Feb 18, 2008
CHL draftees can do the same. They can even do it faster as their rights are for only 2 years. The only problem for them is that if they were drafted in their first year of draft eligibility, they have to enter the draft one last time as D+2 before becoming FA.

That's good to know. I wasn't sure how the CHL handled it.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Habs went hard after Vesey as UFA, Chris Nilan (who is god father and BFF w Vesey’s old man) said he tried hard to recruit for Habs but Vesey didn’t want to go to Canada.

Fast forward a few years later there’s no takers and he’s only got Leafs as an option to stay in NHL, now with another Canadian team...life works in funny ways

Last edited:

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Why you no like the Habs money Jordan? They weren't really gonna pay you in loonies and toonies hey. :) Burning a year off your ELC while getting 900k or so for doing so is a nice deal man.

Good luck for whatever you decide to do with your future kid.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Player going college UFAs rarely happens, and why wouldn’t the Habs know the “real story”?
The press release's text is peculiar, when the vp of hockey ops just stated that he was practically ready to turn pro about a month ago. Going for a 4th year at Northeastern, in a very inferior league where he's got nothing else to prove, is not for development purposes. It's either because the kid loves his fraternity/college, which is good. Or he wants to sign elsewhere and his agent told Bergevin so yesterday. We'll know well before next Spring for sure.

Reactions: Andrei79

Prendan Brust

Jul 31, 2003
Québec
Well, my best guess would be that he's not interested in joining the habs. I'm not sure he has much to learn in the NCAA and since the Habs offered him a contract right away, he never informed them that he planned on finishing his diploma. It doesn't bode well for his future with the team.

If there's any taker, I'd trade him as fast as possible. I kind of wish it is a blessing in disguise as he could be an interesting piece for Nashville... Imagine if he signed right after being traded in the US!

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Well if you don't agree...how do you support it? Or is that just a bla-bla 'cause you had statements to write? And eventually if the idea was that the Habs offered him a contract and wanted him here, how hypocritical is it to say ''based on discussions with the organization, Jordan and his family it was AGREED that the RIGHT course for his development was to stay there?

Somebody needs to tell me how staying a 4th year in that league HELPS him to play WITH the Habs AND it's GREAT for his development as a hockey player. If there's ONE thing that is false, it's that. It helps him looking at his options. It helps him finishing his school. It helps in every other way BUT to succeed with the Habs in a development aspect.
Anders Lee is not Habs related but he wanted to stay in Notre Dame to try to win the championship and that effort he felt would help his pro-career with Isles.

Habs felt Jake Evans’ development was better served returning to Notre Dame for the 4th year.

US college players (especially those from Minny & Northeast) take the NCAA championship very seriously, it’s a huge cultural thing down here. I don’t know if that has any bearing in the Harris situation, just sayin...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad